The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun] Canucks covet O'Reilly and will deal defense to aquire him

Southpop45

How bout with all the reg re tool talk

Edler Booth and Something small if needed (max schroeder MAX)

for

O'Reilly and PA Parenteau

Than

Kesler

for

Tatar, Mantha, Quincey and their 2014 1st

Then in the offseason:

Try and acquire a PMD

Assign Shinkaruk Mantha Fox Gaunce and Jensen all to Utica

Would be a huge boost for their fans and the team, also for their development spend the whole year there

I think Fox-Gaunce-Jensen would be a good line

And Shinkaruk and Mantha would be an offensively deadly dynamic offensive winger duo in the AHL, they would tear the league up while working on their defensive and board game.

Horvat will make the club next season, feel it in my plums, another year of OHL would be a waste. Higgins and Burr would be great first line mates for him.

next season forward line ups:

Sedin Sedin PA Parenteau

Tatar O'Reilly Kassian

Higgins Horvat Burrows

Weise/Sestitio Richardson Hansen

Wingers are interchangeble.

Next Season is the fun part:

Sedin-Sedin-PAP

Tatar-ROR-Kass

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Mantha

Higgins-Gaunce-Burrows

Should be fine under the salary cap especially with it rising.

Lui still in net.

3 scoring lines, and a checking line, I think we could roll all 4 lines

Higgins and burrows would be able to mentor Gaunce just like they did horvat, Oreilly and Hank could mentor both as well.

That would be a successful re tool in my opinion

Giving up two olympians in their prime under fair contracts would have to yield a large return

I liked the idea of that first deal but think it would need to be altered

Burrows, Edler, Hansen

ROR, Parenteau

In order to acquire ROR you will have to overpay as other teams will likely be offering up a lot to get him.

Burr waves his NTC to play for Roy, Edler waves NTC to get out of canucks spot light, Hansen is added value

Going into playoffs.

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Higgins ROR Parenteau

Kassian Schroeder Booth

Weise Richardson Sestito

Hammer Bieska

Garrison Tanev

Diaz Stanton

Weber

Depending on how that 3 line plays together in I would possibly like to see Booth and Schroeder moved and work in a way to bring in Ott and Bourque.

Bourque and Booth could use a change of scenery. MTL needs more drive to the net. Canucks need get a guy who’s had success scoring. Both players are reclamation projects.

We’d be stacked with center depth Sedin, Kesler, ROR, Santo, and Horvat and Gaunce in the system, sadly Schroeder becomes the odd man out. Ott would provide more team grit and size with Booth leaving.

Our line up becomes

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Higgins ROR Parenteau

Kassian Ott Bourque

Dalpe Richardson Sestito

That would definitely give this team a new look. Size and scoring on each line throughout your top 9

Wow the boner people have for tanev is amazing. He will never be a number one dman and that's what a lot of you are valuing him as. Edler is far better then Tanev and the only reason tanev is considered such a golden child is since he was never drafted. I would move him for an evander kane or ror in a fricken heartbeat.

We need Tanev, I'd rather trade Edler who has stagnated and has actually became worst.

Edler for ROR makes a lot of sense for the Canucks since they become younger and add a stud while getting rid of a liability on defense. We started losing games ever since Edler came back. I think Tanev getting traded would hurt us more than Edler getting traded.

Edler will be scratched at some point.

Wow the boner people have for tanev is amazing. He will never be a number one dman and that's what a lot of you are valuing him as. Edler is far better then Tanev and the only reason tanev is considered such a golden child is since he was never drafted. I would move him for an evander kane or ror in a fricken heartbeat.

Agreed, I don't get it either.

I'm just guessing... that you two would get confused doing the hokey pokey.

Pretty sure that's just yogolol.

Other than playing opposite sides and age they basically have the same role/tools. Smooth, smart, small-average sized, largely mistake free d-men with little offense or physicality.

Pretty sure that's just yogolol.

Other than playing opposite sides and age they basically have the same role/tools. Smooth, smart, small-average sized, largely mistake free d-men with little offense or physicality.

You can call a defenseman who has averaged 30 points (most of it in offensively challenged Nashville) "little" offense if you like.

I don't quite guage blueline production that way.

Luongo and Lack play pretty much the same role FWIW. The Canucks still need two of them, and in their case, only one can play.

In the case of a blueline, you actually need 6 every night - and having a pair of smart, mistake free, etc etc is hardly excessive at all - particularly when they play opposite sides, and there are generally a pair of defensemen on the ice at any given time, and another couple pairings waiting to change with them.

Needless to say, I find the point that Stanton or Hamhuis would somehow make Tanev redundant, or vice versa, to be utter nonsense. It's not unlike suggesting that Daniel makes Henrik redundant, or vice versa.

A logical non-starter.

Archived