The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun] Canucks covet O'Reilly and will deal defense to aquire him

Southpop45

I know people like Pears are proposing Edler for O'Reilly, but I just don't see an RFA for a NTC deal happening..

Tanev for O'Reilly seems much more realistic.

You make good points, but I proposed Edler for O'Reilly since Colorado has, Johnson, Barrie, and Elliott coming up as right handed defencemen, so I don't see where Tanev would fit. Edler makes much more sense since they need a capable top 4 left handed defenceman to play with Johnson. I personally think that Edler would love to go to Colorado and get top minutes on a young and upcoming team.

Edler for O'Reilly

Booth, 2nd for Campbell at 50%

Tanev, Hansen, Jensen, 1st, 2nd for Kane in the summer

Roster outline for next year

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Kane - O'Reilly - Burrows

Higgins - Horvat - Kassian

Gaunce - Richardson - Santorelli

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Campbell - Garrison

Stanton - Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Yes please. That's the type of 'rebuild on the fly' we need.

I'd rather buy out Booth and pick up a free agent in the off season - keep our picks/prospects and solid players

You make good points, but I proposed Edler for O'Reilly since Colorado has, Johnson, Barrie, and Elliott coming up as right handed defencemen, so I don't see where Tanev would fit. Edler makes much more sense since they need a capable top 4 left handed defenceman to play with Johnson. I personally think that Edler would love to go to Colorado and get top minutes on a young and upcoming team.

I absolutely doubt he'd like to move. Vancouver's beautiful, he's settled here, we have a top tier organization, and that 'top minutes' reasoning is horrible. Wasn't he top pairing here pre-injury?

Two trades and some ELC's next year would put us in ABSOLUTELY AMAZING POSITION

To COL- Edler + low pick/ mid-prospect

To VAN- O'Reilly

**Note** Colorado frees up cap space in this deal

To NYR- Hansen, 2nd rd pick 2015

To VAN- Del Zotto

resign key players AND GIVE ROOKIES A CHANCE

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Shinkaruk-Kesler-O'Reilly

Higgins-Horvat-Santorelli

Weise-Richardson-Kassian

Ham-Bieksa

Delzotto-Garrison

Stanton-Tanev

It's Tanev they are going to move if they get O'Reilly. Mark my words.

Tanev is my favourite d-man on this team and as much as it would suck to see him go, O'Reilly is one of the most underrated players in this league and I would not complain if he was brought over for a package that includes Tanev.

Gillis already said that he's not interested in asking players with NTC's to waive them, so you can scratch Edler out of the equation.

We have Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Garrison and Stanton here already, with Corrado probably a year away from being a full time NHLer, Hutton playing exceptionally well at the NCAA level, and along with Cederholm, Subban, etc. D depth is the least of our problems right now, and these last two games have shown us that scoring has turned into a glaring issue.

O'Reilly gets **** done at both ends of the ice. Torts would love him and so would everybody else if we could land him somehow.

If use Higgins means a minor injury that cant go on IR(like Lu's) strains the cap far to much and is jus way to close to maxed for any comfort level

Well, CAPGEEK says we estimate having nearly $6mil in annual average cap room available at the Trade Deadline. So, Tanev, alone, would be more than compliant.

Still, Higgins would make sense, aside from his NTC and resigning last spring, from the standpoint of sending a potential Top6/definite Top9 over to replace RoR.

For us, Higgins drops to 3rd line duties, pray God if RoR came over, making him relatively expendable...both left sticks, too...

Well, CAPGEEK says we estimate having nearly $6mil in annual average cap room available at the Trade Deadline. So, Tanev, alone, would be more than compliant.

Still, Higgins would make sense, aside from his NTC and resigning last spring, from the standpoint of sending a potential Top6/definite Top9 over to replace RoR.

For us, Higgins drops to 3rd line duties, pray God if RoR came over, making him relatively expendable...both left sticks, too...

Did you remember to activate Burrows off IR?

I don't invest a whole lot of interest in what Lebrun says and personally wouldn't be that anxious to move O'Reilly if I'm Colorado.

Aside from the 31 points and 17 goals, he is neck and neck with Stastny for the best underlying number on the AVs, he is a very impressive 54.8% in the faceoff circle as a 22 year old, and perhaps most impressive about him is +23 takeaway/giveaway differential - and if you look over his young career, he is already +201 with 322 takeaways in 309 career games. He's not the most punishing physical player, but aside from that his upside is obviously marquis.

He'd look great in a Canucks uniform, but if the price is moving a top 4 blueliner, I think the team would have to turn around and spend another forward to add some more depth to the blueline - take one of those guys out of the lineup and the reserve depth isn't at a comfort level.

And people, stop proposing we get Kane out of Winnipeg.... for lord sakes.

There's a reason why the Jets organization wants him gone: his attitude.

You don't simply put a guy who's lightning quick, big, and is a sniper on the trading block for no reason. They want him gone because he's a cancer. Why is this so hard for people to see?

Having Tanev go would suck. Edler not going anywhere, same with Juice and Hamhuis. Maybe Garrison. Tanev most likely stays(Torts fav player). Now whos left: Stanton,Weber,Alberts,Corrado. I can see this happen Stanton, 2 1st's,Gaunce+ for O'Rielly. Although thats not enough for COL.

Archived