The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CGY - 1/18/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

we are just so hated ... not just the team but us the fans too .... and I wish I could kick the crap out of all those wholes that rioted in our city .. because of them , we can't really defend our good name ...

I don't feel the need to.

I embrace the hate.

Honestly, as you get older you learn not to put too much weight on what others think. It's the mirror thing that counts. It's how I feel about my team too. Image is only everything if you're a long haired neon wearing Canon Rebel salesman. For the average person, egos are in check and we know who we are without needing validation or confirmation.

Just how I deal with it.

So many bio-polar fans (especially on Twitter) screaming that this is unnecessary and out of line. However, these are the same people just a couple weeks ago whining that we don't have a sense of push back.

I am all for this, taking matters into our own hands. Might not be pretty but at least it shows that the inconsistency in the league is a glaring problem.

As entertaining as that was to watch, Torts was in the wrong. Yes he has a right to be mad at the Flames for starting their goons, but you can't go after them in the hallway like that.

We are only living up to our previously unwarranted reputations by doing things like that.

Obviously, we (and the team) take a lot of stick online as Canucks fans...but, you're either a hypocrite or don't love hockey if you think what Torts has done here wasn't the right thing to do. It was bush league BS what Hartley did. And, I think alot of people here are on to something, metaphorically, about the crap that teams are able to get away with against us (2x7:00 PPs FTW!). Let the league look at it. Let the league look at Bob Devorski. Let the league look at Bobby Lu's injury, getting run over by Dustin Brown (no call). Let the league look at Ryan Stanton getting run into the boards, injured and out two months (2:00 penalty). Let the league look at Zack Kassian taking a five game suspension for something that occurred behind his back (responsible, yes; intentional? hell no). Let the league look at Alex Edler getting two games for keep his shoulder tucked and following through a check in the middle of the ice. No, we are not going to win the Stanley Cup this year, and we'll be lucky to make the playoffs. But, we still have to play in this league for perpetuity. Torts is dead right to be fed up at what he's seen over the first fifty games. And, its time to initiate a sea chance. I hope the front office stands behind him firmly, no matter what these cry babies at CBC or the sheeple in Toronto come up with.

I agree with PJ's words, no so much his mad rant.

I don't see anything wrong with Flames starting their 4th line.

Its hockey, there are 4 lines, you can start any line you want especially if you are not at home since the home team can line match.

Starting a 4th line is nothing new, pretty sure we've done that before.

If they were playing in Calgary and we start the Sedins and Flames chose the 4th line against them, then I would be pissed.

I like Torts, but kind of stupid there because we have the final say on the starting line up.

Its called line matching.

And your AB IP would confirm why you feel this way.

There is no WE for you, so tread lightly.

II buy into your reasoning partially, deb.

But if he's going to do something that the he KNOWS the NHL will hate and possibly suspend him for doing, why do it? The best way to earn respect around the league is to beat the best teams, no matter how you do it - if that's the reasoning behind the way we've been playing.

We were the top team in the league over 2 seasons, still zero respect.

kassian and kessler are making some nice plays tonight, showing some nice chemisty

Yes, Kassian has made a big jump this year...he is showing much more consistency but I also think it is that he is playing with better players now...

Hopefully he shows this kind of play all year, and it will go a long ways to him becoming what he's capable of...then if he can make the next step next year, people will see why we trade CoHo for him...

I agree with PJ's words, no so much his mad rant.

I don't see anything wrong with Flames starting their 4th line.

Its hockey, there are 4 lines, you can start any line you want especially if you are not at home since the home team can line match.

Starting a 4th line is nothing new, pretty sure we've done that before.

If they were playing in Calgary and we start the Sedins and Flames chose the 4th line against them, then I would be pissed.

I like Torts, but kind of stupid there because we have the final say on the starting line up.

Its called line matching.

who cares what you agree with in one of your multi accounts...tool

Archived