The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Thomas slashes Carl Soderberg in the head

Caboose

Bruins see one of their players get slashed in the head and do nothing. What a bunch of pussies. If it was the Canucks one of our many tough players would be all over it. Unlike those pansies Bruins we play a tough physical game and we stand up for our teammates.

Thomas always uses his stick like a weapon. During the Finals he would frequently slash our net presence in the back of the legs.

D-bag.

Also, the commentator who said (paraphrasing): "I love his competitive nature", I bet if another goalie slashed players as often as Thomas does, he'd be deemed dirty.

Never liked Thomas, and it's because of actions like this. That should be suspendable.

And of course the Panthers commentators love it, I wonder what Jack Edwards has to say about it..

"OH WOW, WHAT A GUTLESS PLAY BY TIM THOMAS, SODERBERG IS DOWN ON THE ICE AND HE LOOKS HURT, WHAT A GUTLESS PLAY BY A GUTLESS GOALIE"

From the TSN article about it...

They kept going to the very end, with Carl Soderberg charging into the crease where an angry Thomas swung his stick, hitting Soderberg in the helmet with 4 seconds left.

"With less than a minute left in the game and they're up by four goals," Thomas said, "I took exception to that."

Soderberg proclaimed his innocence.

"I was just going for the rebound," he said. "We can't stop playing."

Like so many others in this thread, my first thought was, "Well, you guys thought that kind of crap was great when he was in a Bruins jersey!"

But what a big baby Thomas is! Expecting them to go easy on him after he embarrassed the organization and then refused to honor the last year of his contract. And he just couldn't help himself from making it political (but I'm sure would whine if someone asked him about it, saying that's "personal"):

"I think I might've enjoyed myself watching the State of the Union more," said Thomas, not a big fan of President Barack Obama, who delivered the speech at the same time as the Bruins were beating the Panthers for the sixth straight time. "No, probably not."

Dude's a jackarse of the first order.

I get why people hate Thomas but they are being biased.

The game was already over and the clock was seconds away from ending the game. In this scenario the leading team will just sit on the puck and let time expire yet despite that massive lead they tried to keep running up the score and Thomas was hacked with a reckless stick up high.

CDC always has a double standard and extreme biased though.

If the Bruins tried to make it a 5 goal game in the last seconds of the 3rd and hacked Lu up high I am sure CDC would have the same opinion... xD

Tea Party neck guard.

Doesn't actually work, but it makes a statement.

I laughed. ::D

But with the Bruins commentator going off on the former Bruin, it brings to mind Eakin's comments earlier this season. "A gutless play by a gutless player."

Word is there's no discipline (at least at this point) for it though.

So was there nothing really wrong with the Keith hit because it also had a reason? Just because it was retaliatory does not make it okay.

Point taken.

Although, goalies do have a right to stand up for themselves.

If Soderberg is going to charge to the net and get his stick up on Thomas, he should retaliate.

That being said, it was childish of him to hit him in the face as well. Slash him in the leg instead.

I get why people hate Thomas but they are being biased.

The game was already over and the clock was seconds away from ending the game. In this scenario the leading team will just sit on the puck and let time expire yet despite that massive lead they tried to keep running up the score and Thomas was hacked with a reckless stick up high.

CDC always has a double standard and extreme biased though.

If the Bruins tried to make it a 5 goal game in the last seconds of the 3rd and hacked Lu up high I am sure CDC would have the same opinion... xD

I definitely have a bias against Tim Thomas. He is quite possibly my least favorite player of all time. I wish nothing but the worst for him professionally. As for the CDC being biased...yeah, ya think a site dedicated to a team miiight have bias. Newsflash, fans from other teams also have a bias....and the sky is blue.

Point taken.

Although, goalies do have a right to stand up for themselves.

If Soderberg is going to charge to the net and get his stick up on Thomas, he should retaliate.

That being said, it was childish of him to hit him in the face as well. Slash him in the leg instead.

Sure, but was that worse than what we've seen other players do? And Soderberg was already being grabbed by two of the Florida players in reaction to it, so how does Thomas jumping in help anything?

I HATE Thomas, but I'm going to have to stand up for him here. Soderberg went right into Thomas and hit him in the shoulder neck area with his stick first. As a goalie I'd be pissed too. It wasn't even that hard of a hit to Soderberg, and it was also to the helmet so no damage done.

I HATE Thomas, but I'm going to have to stand up for him here. Soderberg went right into Thomas and hit him in the shoulder neck area with his stick first. As a goalie I'd be pissed too. It wasn't even that hard of a hit to Soderberg, and it was also to the helmet so no damage done.

You could say the same thing about Soderberg's hit to Thomas, and at least he was going after the loose puck.

Archived