The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Santorelli out for remainder of the season following shoulder surgery

DanHamhuis

Damn, this season is BRUTAL for injuries. Two positives I can find here:

1. Schroeder should get a real opportunity to show his stuff even when Hank comes back

2. Santo should be fairly cheap to re-sign in the offseason, as has already been mentioned.

Hopefully Gillis doesn't panic and trade prospects away for another center.

Or just that psycho Hanzal injured 3 players in the last 5 minutes of the game, with 2 of the injured players being the key contributor. Fined only $5K by NHL shows that its okay to play dirty and injure someone as long as it isn't a head shot. Maybe the Canucks should play by the rule and start smashing their sticks against other players ribs or face because it isn't really suspension worthy compared to yelling at another team's coach in the hallway.

Not even remotely the same thing though. An errant skate blade is quite different than ramming someone under the arm with a stick. So yeah, I'm blaming Hanzal because it's quite different...one was a deliberate action, the other was not.

A little different, sure, but still not illegal to have that kind of contact off the face off. He didn't strike him like a typical cross check, he was tangled up with him and pushed/lifted him. I'm not sure what you'd even call that if you wanted to.

I really hope we re-sign Santorelli for another couple years. He had a chance to play for his favourite growing up, and looked very impressive when we first saw him on the ice while wearing the Canucks uniform. But this injury definitely hurts the Canucks. Hopefully Schroeder does well and succeeds while replacing Santorelli and doesn't make this as a bigger loss that people may think.

I really hope we re-sign Santorelli for another couple years. He had a chance to play for his favourite growing up, and looked very impressive when we first saw him on the ice while wearing the Canucks uniform. But this injury definitely hurts the Canucks. Hopefully Schroeder does well and succeeds while replacing Santorelli and doesn't make this as a bigger loss that people may think.

I do as well but he wont get 2 mil now. He will get 1.5 on a one year to prove himself again for a big payday.

Archived