The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun Speculation] Canucks Ready for Re-tool

Blueberries

He keeps getting progressively worse though. If he doesn't start playing like an NHLer in his own end he'll be buyout material soon. Regular buyout, Yashin style.

Ok that's a ridiculous comment.

If we make a re-tool why are the Sedins not involved?

They are being paid top line money and already we see a transition for them to play the 2nd line.

So we over pay to bring in players that may or may not play with Kesler and deplete our D or key role playing players in the process.

Gillis will sit on his hands till the end of the year when the value of our players is hopefully better.

We are still in the hunt,so why not see it through.

That's like asking why Marleau and Thonrnton wasn't moved in the Sharks' retool

That's like asking why Marleau and Thonrnton wasn't moved in the Sharks' retool

Nor Zetterberg or Datsyuk in Detroit...

SJ had Thornton, Marleau and Boyle. Calgary essentially only had Iggy. Thats why essentially, it did not work for them to hang on! They flip flopped with guys like Tanguay, Cammalleri, Bourque, Jokinen. But they never really managed to establish a core outside Iggy. SJ kept their core and added Pavelski, Couture, now Hertl and Vlasic. LA kept their core, even if young, in Quick, Kopitar, Doughty and Brown, added Richards, Carter, Voynov, now Tofolli. Edmonton never established a core after Pronger. See a trend?

It would be a mistake for us to move the Sedins, Kesler, even Lou. We need to wait on young guys.

Or trade guys on the fringe or outside core.

sit an hold seem s to be play of the year see what happens an offers come across the board ,I would guess nothing of earthshattering value .The trade deadline will be anti climatic for us this year unless we become sellers, an this seems unlikely so be it next years rising salary cap. will create a stampede of overvalued an overpaid players, we are on a spiral downward from which there is no waking up from this nightmare .We have maybe four or five players we could move out on trade deadline this would formally say to league we are in retool mode.This seems to be all that can be done this year in hopes of next year.

We should be sellers this deadline. We don't have the team to win a cup even if we make playoffs. We have to realize that if we don't try to hedge a rebuild now it is going to blow up in our face. The chances of Gillis being our GM for the start of next season is slim. He is gone, no questions, if we don't make the playoffs. And he is likely gone if we lose in the first round.

I would be shocked to see Gillis completely dismantle this team. A retool to me is trading 2-3 core piecies at the most.

As for whether you believe this is speculation on Lebrun's part or not he is a pretty legit source and Mckenzie and others have shared the same sentiment. I would not be surprised if MG let this leak to let other teams know his roster is available and to test the waters. Important to note they said anyone is available for the "right price".

I can see 1 of Bieksa, Edler, or Garrison being moved and a Kesler or Burrows (not this year), Hansen being moved up front.

Any poster on CDC who claims to know anything that happens in the locker room should have to provide a source or have their post deleted.

Nothing worse than attention whores regurgitating rumors as fact. Fact: you know NOTHING about the feelings of the players towards each other.

I think Canucks are ready for Corrado to step in full time next year.

Hamhuis Tanev

Edler Corrado

Stanton Garrison

Or

Hamhuis Tanev

Garrison Corrado

Staton Bieksa

With those lines I could see either Edler or Bieksa being moved.

On the 4th line Richardson, Sestito stay, allowing Wiese to be traded for a late pick. Archibald and Lain being called up

Archibald/Lain Richardson Sestito

On the 3rd line I think Canucks would like to see Shinkaruk, Gaunce, or Horvat make the team. Allowing Hansen to be traded

Higgins Horvat Shinkaruk/Gaunce

The 2nd line will consist of Kassian, Schroeder and Burrows, tho any if the trades could land Canucks a 2nd line Center (ex. Edler for RoR, I'll use this as an example)

Kassian RoR Burrows

The first line will consist of Kesler moving to the right wing

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Next year's lines

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Kassian RoR/Schroeder Burrows/Trade

Higgins Horvat Shinkaruk/Gaunce

Archibald/Lain Richardson Sestito

Hanhuis Tanev

Garrison/Edler Corrado

Stanton Bieksa/Garrison

Note I think burrows+Hansen+ could be moved to get a young Top 6 RW

i am excited for this...

some like to rag on gillis and call him a "lame duck" gm. but in reality, he inherited a good team. He made the smart move by playing safe and only making supporting moves, look at how much success we have had.

he has also made bold moves before which made this core better, such as sundin and demitra. Now this is Gillis' time to really put his stamp on the Vancouver Canucks.

I understand not every move worked out perfectly, or at least instantly, and he has moved some fan favourites. but isnt that being bold? I believe in Mike Gillis, let the man who iced the most successful team in Canucks history... do it again.

Go Canucks Go!!!

Archived