The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R.I.P Philip Seymour Hoffman

AriGold

"The actor had been open in the past about his struggles with substance abuse, and had recently disclosed that he had a relapse last year after being clean for 23 years."

Clean for 23 years then this. What a shame.

RIP

Oh man, another successful and talented actor falls victim eh?

It's sad that he was sober for 23 years. That seems so far away and insignificant now that it claimed his life. It goes to show that we're never officially "clean". A person is just XX days or XX years sober. But you're one bad slip up away from falling right back off the wagon.

This one stings. He was my favourite actor. He had some of the most memorable leading roles in recent film history (The Master, Capote), he completely stole scenes with his smaller roles (Big Lebowski, Hard 8, Boogie Nights), and he even managed to make dreck like MI3 and Along Came Polly watchable.

The man was a huge talent. I don't see how PTA is going to replace him...

One of my favourite actors. Sad, sad day.

If drugs were indeed involved, not being insensitive, but he had all the resources available to get clean.

This is true and from what I understand he had used those resources.

Sadly it's not always that easy with addictions.

Was in rehab May, for snorting heroin.

this time they found a syringe in his arm.

http://usat.ly/1eK6GXi

addictions of anything is not healthy, be it food, gambling, or drugs. The key is to avoid it in the first place, seek help early. You would think people with money is easier, but that is not the case. Addiction is a monster that will eat you.

Archived