The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Dale Weise to MTL

Strombone1

Interesting Habs would give up their 4th D on their depth in ATOI for a 4th liner. He logs more ice time than big boy Emelin. We seem to win this one despite his pending UFA status.

Diaz does carry a cap hit of $1.225M though. Weise's is $750K. Still, this should help stop the bleeding in the short tun. Glad to see MG doing something.

Great....some decent grit for an extremely soft defender.

We have Weber...who already played for Montreal, similar numbers, same size AND from Switzerland as well.

:picard:

I'm guessing you don't watch many Canuck games. Weise is arguably the worst Canuck in his own end. His giveaways are horrible and he doesn't think the game at a very high level. He was on the verge of being sent to the minors. There's a reason Torts benches him so much.

Just a move to address some injuries for the rest of the season. We have a lot more NHL ready 4th liners in the system than defencemen.

Call up Archibald and you have lost nothing by dropping Weise.... but Diaz > Weber/Sauve/Corrado for the rest of the season.

Would have loved to get Emelin instead... he is struggling this year, but is REALLY what we need. Hansen for Emelin would have been a bigger version of this trade.

I like this trade. I remember seeing him play and thought - this guy could be good for the Habs. Weise was expendable. not too sad to see him go, wish him luck in Montreal though. So who is the team going to play pranks on now? haha

Dang a sad day to see the departure of Dale Weise. At the only Canucks game i've ever been to, i was down at ice level in the pre game trying to get the players' attention. Dale was the only one who looked and even gave me a wink. Plus i'm a guy. Takes a lot of heart and true man to do that. What he brought on the ice maybe wasn't as cool as the way he rapped the words to every song in warmup, but he will be missed in one facet or another.

Farewell Dale

:bigblush:

Classic Buy Low, Sell High move by Gillis.

Expiring contract for expiring contract and fills an immediate need, while also potentially facilitating a high profile D-Man trade.

Diaz eats up a little more cap, but that should be offset by waiving Alberts to Utica.

I like this trade, Dale Weise likely was not being re-signed by the Canucks in the off season.

WHAT A $*$*#*$$ JOKE.

I HOPE MG CHOKES ON A MAJOR ...

IS HE INSANE? DALEEEEEEE WEISE? JUST TRADE MY 3RD FAVOURITE PLAYER. I HATE THIS MAGGOT GM.

he tried to kick out my favourite but the owner didn't let him. Now he pulls this bs? What a joke.

He traded a full on heart and soul guy. What a joke.

Yesterday I learned how to ignore users. I'm really going to appreciate that function.

Archived