The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Lack - 0 Wings - 2

TheTruthHurts

Torts is benching the wrong forwards

They need to have gritty practices and a bag skate.... Looked so slow tonite....

Ditto to mandatory morning skates

Torts.... Put the blender away and pick some lines and stick with it for more than one shift or period.... Sigh

But hey....my other team is kicking ass again.... Go flyers....!

I went from DOOMY NUX gloom to giddy to see 4 unanswered goals against the sharts in 5 hrs....

Lack!

Smart penalty again in the dying moments by Burr.

Smarter move by Torts putting Burr out there

Good thing MG got us a smurf dman to help us with our scoring woes.

5-0 bruins.

Chara does resemble Gargameil. Diaz and Dalpe could really pester him.

And the Canucks are blue.

Torts is back can someone please ask the question.

Lead in "We may not win many games but we will be tough to play against"

Question "You are kidding, eh?"

This debacle is totally on the management.

Torts needs to call Pete Caroll.

Lead in "Pete I need help."

Qurstion "What can I do to get as much from my players as you do from yours?:

Answer "Positive feed back and get a system -- good defense, puck control and time management. You got close once you just gave up too soon"

Got a Cup in the North West. You guys who keep on with the Torts nonsense. Look South.

IN the grand scheme of things why should we be surprised?

Its a team of mostly third liners who has had trouble scoring since the 2011 run. There are two things that over inflated our image of this team since 2011:

1. Playing in the weak NW division

2. Having a very good PP that bailed them out many times.

Now that the PP has dried up and guys like Erhoff and Salo are gone (two guys who played an excellent transition game and could QB the PP and actually get pucks to the net) they look like an average team at best.

I recall their winning percentage was a lot lower when Salo was out of the lineup. It was his great first pass out of the zone plus his ability to run the PP that made the difference.

The game today illustrated that neither Corrado nor Sauve is ready for the NHL, Schroeder and Kassian are borderline ready, each of Sedin, Sedin & Burrows has completely lost his way and the defensemen are handling the puck like it is a live grenade. There is a TOTAL lack of cohesion. It's incredible to witness how inept this team is at entering the offensive zone on a power play. This is a team which has completely lost its identity and I don't know if there is a quick way to fix it. Perhaps a complete overhaul is in order. I'm stumped and I'm guessing so is Torts.

Torts can't be stumped, that's exactly how his teams are: inept at entering the offensive zone on a power play, key players that lost their way (e.g. Brad Richards). Torts is about closing lanes, blocking shots, anything that prevents the other team from attacking. The Canucks are playing Tort's game.

I watched about one period of this game, and it's concerning. I realize that's what all of you are saying but it's just so obvious. I saw a few players trying, Kesler, Booth, Kassian and Higgins. Some guys though the Sedins, Burrows, I have no idea what planet they're on out there. I think whoever said playing in the NW and having the PP bail us out masked our weaknesses for a few years. Now, no PP, tough division, turns into lots of losses. There was one time where I saw Burrows with the puck in his own zone, standing still, and literally, he could not move his feet. I have no idea what's going on with him. We're just an easy two points right now. You can not win in hockey at any level if you can't score. The only guarantee in hockey is that if you score 0 goals, you'll win 0 games. Such a fundamental need and it needs to be addresssed. Torts realizes it, but who knows what's going on in MG's head right now. Either we start dumping salary now and try to re-load this thing and only have maybe a couple bad years, or pull a Calgary and wait until it's too late and go in the toilet for half a decade. We'll see what the Aquilinis do. Here's hoping! Go Canucks!

I aint even mad.

This team has been gradually getting worse and worse ever since January 7 2012 when they won in Boston. I think they have now pretty much hit rock bottom, they suck. Aside from the goaltenders, this team sucks.

I'm gonna sound like a bad fan, but right now it no longer bothers me when this team loses. Honestly I think this season is a write-off and if we're gonna lose games I like the way the Canucks are losing. If they continue to look like they are it's only a matter of time before necessary changes are made to the roster and hopefully the management.

This Canucks team will not contend for the cup this year and I for one am not interested in seeing them get bounced in the playoffs again after only 4 or 5 games. They simply dont have what it takes to compete. I'm looking forward to an actual honest team "reset" next year. Hopefully.

Watch us beat Boston like 4-0 and everyone changes their tune after Burr and Daniel Break their slumps.

Hard to watch any team put up a 0, but we are far from being exceptionally bad. Lot's of teams struggle to score at some point during the season.

We really arn't that far away from being a good playoff team. Need to get healthy get some contributions from our first line and PP, and add a scorer.

If we do that, I bet we are right there with any team over 7 games.

Watch us beat Boston like 4-0 and everyone changes their tune after Burr and Daniel Break their slumps.

Hard to watch any team put up a 0, but we are far from being exceptionally bad. Lot's of teams struggle to score at some point during the season.

We really arn't that far away from being a good playoff team. Need to get healthy get some contributions from our first line and PP, and add a scorer.

If we do that, I bet we are right there with any team over 7 games.

While that kind of positivity is nice, you can't honestly believe they'll just snap out of this, do you?

This team needs help. Tortorella is basically calling it.

Stuff is going down in Canuck town.

Archived