The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sochi Olympics 2014! Official "Olympic Discussion" thread.

PlayStation

Which event are you most looking forward to! (Other than Hockey.)  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Damn, that's not going to go well for the NHL to make a decision to have their players to go to the next Olympics...

Oh wait...

He's not part of it any more! Lol

the USA gm got the media going big time. Even Obama tweeted about the win.

it was def good exposure for hockey in USA.

TJ_Sochi_Model_Shot_M.jpg

Even Russia's Slava Voynov criticizes his Kings teammate Jonathan Quick for knocking net off on disallowed goal when he says "I play with him. I know that's his style."

The puck also just barely slipped under the crossbar. When the net was sitting on the rubber after being knocked off the net was already an inch or so higher than it should have been. If it was flush against the ice, the puck very well could have dinged off of the crossbar.

Russia has no real team, they have a bunch of soft, skilled players and none who can actually go in the dirty areas and grind it out.

Russians have no team concept,

All individual efforts , long shifts, no discipline.

It is the absolute reverse of the Soviet Red Army teams of total structured play.

Unless they get together as a team, they will go nowhere.

Instead of a team with no talent,

they are all talent and no team!

Damn, Ricker out

Wasn't she injured not long ago? That has to be a factor...

The puck also just barely slipped under the crossbar. When the net was sitting on the rubber after being knocked off the net was already an inch or so higher than it should have been. If it was flush against the ice, the puck very well could have dinged off of the crossbar.

:lol: Nice rationalizing.

Why don't you just admit that your team got away with one and move on.

Davis and White did not deserve a world record for their performance in Ice Dance. It wasn't that amazing. Also seemed that the Russians' scores were boosted and both Virtue/Moir and Poje/Weaver were cheated out of points.

Jan Hudec won a Bronze medal for Canada today in Super G,, is he Zack Kassians long lost twin?

0d360e26-0d8d-459f-ae2c-9948b0c03cc8_zpsaed7697b.jpg

That's what I was thinking when I was watching his post race interview. He's like Kassian with less hair and more teeth.

Davis and White did not deserve a world record for their performance in Ice Dance. It wasn't that amazing. Also seemed that the Russians' scores were boosted and both Virtue/Moir and Poje/Weaver were cheated out of points.

It makes you wonder if there's something to this story:

French sports newspaper L’Equipe had just broken the story about an alleged collusionbetween French and Russian ice dance judges — a not so difficult to believe “one hand washing the other” scenario wherein the Russian judge would massage the marks on behalf of Davis and White, help nudge them towards a first-ever ice dance gold for the U.S. in their stand-alone competition next week, in exchange for the U.S. judge helping Russia win the team event. A “proposed barter” as L’Equipe put it, nice ’n’ cozy reciprocal arrangement, and shades of judge-cheating skating past.

It was the talk of the sport on Saturday, with a Russian judge anonymously confirming the tit-for-tat to L’Equipe. In fact, the backward-tailing results of the Canadian dancers over the last two seasons has been the stuff of insider gossip for quite a while now. A suspicion had taken hold, long before these Games launched, that the fix was in for Davis and White.

Another figure skating scandal erupting, just what the chronically suspicious sport needs. And it put all four skaters in a terrible position.

I certainly hope not, but after what happened with Sale and Pelletier, nothing would surprise me.

Wasn't she injured not long ago? That has to be a factor...

:lol:Nice rationalizing.

Why don't you just admit that your team got away with one and move on.

I did admit it either in this thread or the other one I posted in. I just kick out of the people who aren't even Russian who are so upset that the goal didn't count.

Archived