The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] MTL - 2/6/2014 - 4:30PM

Strombone1

Say what you want guys, this is not a slump...

slumps don't last ~1/4 of the season. That's how long we've been slumping, and it has been happening since Hank has been in the lineup.

Even if you argue that we have some key injuries, Tampa's playing without Stamkos and has been playing good hockey. I consider the Canucks a better team than Tampa, but maybe I'm wrong...

wow 1 player Canucks have lost

Henrik Sedin

Mike Santorelli

Brad Richardson

Alex Edler

Dan Hamhuis

Kevin Bieksa

Alex Burrows

Ryan Stanton

Roberto Luongo

David Booth

Yannick Weber

Andrew Alberts

Jannik Hansen

Jordan Schroeder

Tom Sestito

Dale Weise

all have been out at some point this season sometimes multiple players like right now with Santorelli Weber Hamhuis Bieksa and Tanev all out

i know people wanna not use injuries as an excuse but come on the Canucks have rarely iced a healthy line up at all this season

soooo fire Torts? or trade everyone for new players to play Torts style?

I don't know what it will take, but I think we need a trade and need it as soon as we can if we want to turn this season into something...this team isn't going anywhere without a top 6 forward. We need a top 6 forward.

You're definitely wrong.

You're right...the ageless wonder MSL and Stamkos > Sedin twins every day of the year...I was hesitant to say that 2-3 years ago...

Seriously getting tired of seeing the Canucks just take it. Luongo's expected to make a save behind his head so go get one at the other end don't let Lou just be mad about it. Sack up and run Price at the other end. If the Canucks have a goal disallowed THEN it's on the refs.

most of that is because his defence doesn't let him see properly and they never seem to get good positioning, which in turn screws up his positioning.

But when you don't get good views that is all you can and should do. Just get in good position and make yourself big, Lu a lot of times makes himself small and just moves a lot finding the puck, and then it goes in.

Price, Bernier and Quick aren't big goalies but look big and relaxed in net.

most of that is because his defence doesn't let him see properly and they never seem to get good positioning, which in turn screws up his positioning.

Same defence Lack plays behind. Don't buy that. LU's movement has been awful. He hasn[t earned the net and the fact Torts keeps putting him in there expecting him to help this team is pathetic. Lack has earned the tight to be in net but of course, this is the Nucks so seniority is everything.

wow 1 player Canucks have lost

Henrik Sedin

Mike Santorelli

Brad Richardson

Alex Edler

Dan Hamhuis

Kevin Bieksa

Alex Burrows

Ryan Stanton

Roberto Luongo

David Booth

Yannick Weber

Andrew Alberts

Jannik Hansen

Jordan Schroeder

Tom Sestito

Dale Weise

all have been out at some point this season sometimes multiple players like right now with Santorelli Weber Hamhuis Bieksa and Tanev all out

i know people wanna not use injuries as an excuse but come on the Canucks have rarely iced a healthy line up at all this season

Teams that are good are able to play through injuries and still win more games than they lose...how long has it been since we've won more games than we lost? That's right, we haven't done this so far this year...

It seems like once they get behind by even one goal, they know its over. Like they are all just waiting for after the Olympics when everyone is healthy, hopefully, and then they will get serious. Its difficult to watch. So much for the Torts factor.

this i agree. not enough fight. injuries aside, i am not seeing enough will/compete throughout the line up.

2 points

1. next time Canucks play Phoenix, Dallas or LA Sestito should cross check their best player in the ribs or shoulder and injure them. Pay the 5000 fine like Hanzal did and the playoff race will be greatly affected. The $hitbag Hanzal took out 2 of our top centers and all it cost that franchise was 5000. That was the turning point this season.

2. Price > Luongo. Come on Lui, shut the door on that first goal. He was average in Boston too.

sure, as though the team was winning with lack when the slide began. when they were playing better and healthier, they won with lack. not anymore.

Even when they lost with Lack he was outstanding and that's the difference. Lu sucks right now. His stats confirm it. He's not giving the team to chance win. WHy keep playing him expecting something magical to happen?

Archived