The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 2, Pacioretty 3 (5)

TheRussianRocket.

I think it's too late to tank for a top 2 pick, which is either Vancouver Boy Rienhart, and Ekblad, but we can still go for a top 5 pick, which is Dal Cole, Bennet, or that German kid, who are actually equal to Reinhart. I think it's time to tank this season, more or less (take a year off) I think San Jose Kinda did that twice in the past 10 years, were their team totally blew the season, (03 and 09).

Lol. I bet you think Booth, Higgins and Santorelli are second liners too.

didn't say they were Higgins like others have said is a high end 3rd liner currently 32 points 16g 16a 2.5 million Pacioretty 26g 11a 37 points 4.5 million

not saying Higgins is better than Pacioretty he is only 25 just hitting his prime but 37 points for that kind of money is pretty sad but so is the Canadiens offense and like i said before Price must be stealing a lot of games when their leading point scorer is Subban at 39 points on defense then Pacioretty with 37 points on forwards

Thats hot.

No chance at Reinhart though?

For sure we do. Actually all non-playoff teams have a shot at #1 now (it used to be only the bottom 5). The odds are as follows:

30th team - 25.0%

29th - 18.8%

28th - 14.2%

27th - 10.7%

26th - 8.1%

25th - 6.2%

24th - 4.7%

23rd - 3.6%

22nd - 2.7%

21st - 2.1%

20th - 1.5%

19th - 1.1%

18th - 0.8%

17th - 0.5%

didn't say they were Higgins like others have said is a high end 3rd liner currently 32 points 16g 16a 2.5 million Pacioretty 26g 11a 37 points 4.5 million

not saying Higgins is better than Pacioretty he is only 25 just hitting his prime but 37 points for that kind of money is pretty sad but so is the Canadiens offense and like i said before Price must be stealing a lot of games when their leading point scorer is Subban at 39 points on defense then Pacioretty with 37 points on forwards

LOL he says its sad they pay that kind of money, has more goals than both Sedins

For sure we do. Actually all non-playoff teams have a shot at #1 now (it used to be only the bottom 5). The odds are as follows:

30th team - 25.0%

29th - 18.8%

28th - 14.2%

27th - 10.7%

26th - 8.1%

25th - 6.2%

24th - 4.7%

23rd - 3.6%

22nd - 2.7%

21st - 2.1%

20th - 1.5%

19th - 1.1%

18th - 0.8%

17th - 0.5%

i wonder how many years it will take for a 17th place team to get 1st overall with a 0.5 percent chance will be crazy if it ever happens

Now this !@#$% excites me.

And with the new draft lottery format, our chances of getting the #1 overall pick jump to 6.2%.

Still, at this pace we'll quickly be in Bennett, Virtanen, and Ritchie territory. This is something that we should all get behind.

If we get a pick between 6-10th (say 7th), and draft Draisaitl, if I were GM I'd do everything in my power to get one or two more picks and grab Virtanen and Fleury.

Draisaitl

Virtanen

Horvat

Kassian

Shinkaruk

Gaunce

Fleury

Tanev

Now that is some hot **** to get excited about.

LOL he says its sad they pay that kind of money, has more goals than both Sedins

ya he does except he has less points also for people ripping the Sedins yes this will go down as their worst season offensively since they were 1st liners but here is a little line from TSN

Henrik Sedin is 3rd in points since 2010 Olympics and people are expecting Gillis not to re-sign a player like that

lol @ people wondering why Gillis hasn't made a move yet.

Trades take time, they don't just happen. You need to think.

Team is a joke, we won't win the cup even if we make playoffs. Good enough to squeak in but do nothing. Flames style.

I know. It sucks to admit this but I think it's just better to tank now anyway for the better pick. But still try to make trades in the process of making this team younger and better.

If we get a pick between 6-10th (say 7th), and draft Draisaitl, if I were GM I'd do everything in my power to get one or two more picks and grab Virtanen and Fleury.

Draisaitl

Virtanen

Horvat

Kassian

Shinkaruk

Gaunce

Fleury

Tanev

Now that is some hot **** to get excited about.

My thought exactly.

Gillis needs to sell, sell, sell to get one or two additional high picks. He needs to package guys if he has to in order to make it work. Quality over quantity is a must. We can always pick up spare parts to round out the team in the summer.

In the meantime, I'll be thinking about how each loss brings us one step closer to one of those prospects and doing this:

793870d1345170329-official-tsunami-thread-drooling_homer_140.gif

i wonder how many years it will take for a 17th place team to get 1st overall with a 0.5 percent chance will be crazy if it ever happens

I seen it happen in NHL 14...I was mad to say the least lol missed the playoffs that year...and the very next year they won the cup...I was sad lol

I wasn't really impressed with his interview today on 1040. Is that how he always sounds? Didn't seem to give any direct answers, and seemed to think Price was trying to pull a fast one on him or something.

Yup, every time. You're never going to get any "scoop" out if him or anything. Doesn't say much, can't tell if he's being caustic or if he's being dry. Just another Gillis interview.

I seen it happen in NHL 14...I was mad to say the least lol missed the playoffs that year...and the very next year they won the cup...I was sad lol

Is that how it works? I thought it was you can move up five spots at the most. Not jump the entire draft.

Here I've been around hockey religiously for almost a decade now and I still don't know this for sure :(

Is that how it works? I thought it was you can move up five spots at the most. Not jump the entire draft.

Here I've been around hockey religiously for almost a decade now and I still don't know this for sure :(

Changed last year. All non-playoff teams have a shot at Reinhart now.

Its new...Its to prevent teams from sucking so bad they get 3 years of 1st overall in a row

Archived