The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aquaman joined canucks on road trip

Youth_Movement

Some of you defend Gillis so hard I bet you have NTCs.

Some of you go at him so hard you'd think he spanked you as a child.

Owner goes to watch team play. Nothing to see here. What do you think? He just doesn't want to fire him in Vancouver so he's going on a road trip to do it on the road?

I don't read into this as Gillis being on the hot seat. If the owner is hands on about personnel decisions, he may be deciding which direction Gillis should go heading into the trade deadline. If he was responsible, as rumored, that he wouldn't buy out Luongo and forced Gillis to move Schneider instead, what's to stop him from checking out the team his money pays for to see who he feels they should keep or trade? Maybe after the game he talks it over with Gillis?

It's not really that alarming.

I don't read into this as Gillis being on the hot seat. If the owner is hands on about personnel decisions, he may be deciding which direction Gillis should go heading into the trade deadline. If he was responsible, as rumored, that he wouldn't buy out Luongo and forced Gillis to move Schneider instead, what's to stop him from checking out the team his money pays for to see who he feels they should keep or trade? Maybe after the game he talks it over with Gillis?

It's not really that alarming.

If Aquilini was behind that idiotic trade we're in HUGE trouble if he's getting involved.

If Aquilini was behind that idiotic trade we're in HUGE trouble if he's getting involved.

He didn't make the trade, but if he refused to buy out Luongo, Gillis had to trade Schneider. He couldn't have that bad situation play out for another season. Again, this is speculation which is all we have to go on at this point. I do not disagree that the owner shouldn't be too hands on with personnel matters. The Islanders are the ultimate cautionary tale for that.

He didn't make the trade, but if he refused to buy out Luongo, Gillis had to trade Schneider. He couldn't have that bad situation play out for another season. Again, this is speculation which is all we have to go on at this point. I do not disagree that the owner shouldn't be too hands on with personnel matters. The Islanders are the ultimate cautionary tale for that.

Exactly. Refusing to buy out Luongo forced Gillis to make the 2nd worst trade in franchise history.

Exactly. Refusing to buy out Luongo forced Gillis to make the 2nd worst trade in franchise history.

That's easy to say if it isn't your money that's buying out that anchor of a contract.

Gillis created that mess and as a GM he is paid to clean it up. But he's an idiot that was bluffing with the 'several teams' interested bullshiet and got his bluff called.

Archived