The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs Finland, preliminary round game 3

goalie13

That's fine, just as long as you're willing to admit Price was the right choice if Canada wins gold with him the rest of the way.

Yeah, I think a lot of this angst over Price getting the nod over Louie is a bit silly. There really is no bad choice, IMO.

Both 'tenders have done what was asked of them: Just don't make the costly mistake. They have a terrific defense in front of them and neither has really been tested.

The TC brass made the call for Price based on his play leading up to the games and he hasn't done anything to make that decision look bad. If he mucks it up in the medal round, there may be an argument to be made, but as of right now, there really is no reason to argue with Babcock's decisions regarding the goaltenders.

Honestly, I think Price is starting because of all of the times during this season that Luongo and the Canucks have collasped late in games and allowed the other team to win. That's the only reason I can think of, I feel bad for Lu he deserves to start.

someone said it earlier...LU can thank the Canucks for playing like crap for the last 1 1/2 months for him not starting,,maybe if they scored a few goals it might be different...but I doubt it..Price is the fair haired boy now,, shame LU didnt even get the respect that Broduer got the last Olympics when he was given the starting job from the start until he crapped the bed....but now that we are in the semi"s,,Im sure Price will go all the way.

Just getting picked was a pretty significant nod to Lu's abilities. He got to play and performed well. He may still get a chance to carry the team if Price falters.

Price has been better and more consistent than Lu this season and Babs decided that should weigh heavily on his decision. So be it and hard to argue that logic

At the end of the day, if Canada wins gold, Lu will be a two-time gold medal Olympian who played in both Olympics. No reason to feel too bad for him.

It hit his blocker, he reacted late and got lucky.

it hit his blocker because we was in position. Everyone can easily see that was a great save. If that goes in on Luongo everyone on here would say he didn't have a chance to stop it. Get real, it was a good save, if you don't want to give credit when credits due than stop cheering for team Canada. Thats what the Olympics is all about putting away your bias and cheering for your country I hate Toews and Doughty but when their wearing that canadian jersey I will cheer for them all tourney long.

Not knocking Price but I don't think he can handle the top teams like USA or Russia and maybe even Sweden. Lu gets a lot of hate even though he is prob one of the best Canadain goalies behind Brodeur and Roy while Price is a great goalie but not as much of a game breaker

think he will be fine. 3 gm, team Canada gave up 2 goals. The team D is good. They just need to get more scoring other than from D men.

looking back in 2010, they didn't break out until vs Germany in qualifying round. Lost to USA, barely beat Swiss (Crosby had to shoot twice in shootout), had one blow out v Norway.

they just have to get better each gm, win wed, and be ready for Fri vs USA. It's a process.

Yeah, I think a lot of this angst over Price getting the nod over Louie is a bit silly. There really is no bad choice, IMO.

Both 'tenders have done what was asked of them: Just don't make the costly mistake. They have a terrific defense in front of them and neither has really been tested.

The TC brass made the call for Price based on his play leading up to the games and he hasn't done anything to make that decision look bad. If he mucks it up in the medal round, there may be an argument to be made, but as of right now, there really is no reason to argue with Babcock's decisions regarding the goaltenders.

Exactly....one is not appreciably better than the other. It's funny how this team has only given up 2 goals in 3 games, yet the goaltending is the most controversial topic. Crosby anyone?

Just getting picked was a pretty significant nod to Lu's abilities. He got to play and performed well. He may still get a chance to carry the team if Price falters.

Price has been better and more consistent than Lu this season and Babs decided that should weigh heavily on his decision. So be it and hard to argue that logic

At the end of the day, if Canada wins gold, Lu will be a two-time gold medal Olympian who played in both Olympics. No reason to feel too bad for him.

also a 3 time Olympian, world cup and world championship gold medalist, Jr silver medalist, list goes on.

think he will be fine. 3 gm, team Canada gave up 2 goals. The team D is good. They just need to get more scoring other than from D men.

looking back in 2010, they didn't break out until vs Germany in qualifying round. Lost to USA, barely beat Swiss (Crosby had to shoot twice in shootout), had one blow out v Norway.

they just have to get better each gm, win wed, and be ready for Fri vs USA. It's a process.

Careful there J...

...you might just get a call from MG's lawyers regarding copyright infringement. B)

it hit his blocker because we was in position. Everyone can easily see that was a great save. If that goes in on Luongo everyone on here would say he didn't have a chance to stop it. Get real, it was a good save, if you don't want to give credit when credits due than stop cheering for team Canada. Thats what the Olympics is all about putting away your bias and cheering for your country I hate Toews and Doughty but when their wearing that canadian jersey I will cheer for them all tourney long.

If that went in on Lu people would be destroying him right now

We all know Luongo hates being a backup, he'll probably demand a trade to team USA.

Then he could sit behind Quick and Miller could sit behind Price.

Seems both finalists from last Olympics are being relegated to back-up. A changing of the guard is underway.

Archived