The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

im talking about the qmjhl clown. he has more goals over the 2 seasons because druin has missed games due to injury and playing in 2 yes 2 count them TWO WORLD JR. TOURNAMENTS. ehos the troll. also more points does not equal better player. hockey games are won and lost on ice. not paper. troll

108 posts since 09. find your way back to whatever bridge you crawled our from.

Why are you resorting to name calling and then boasting about your posts? Please stick to the topic. CDC deserves better.

Why are you resorting to name calling and then boasting about your posts? Please stick to the topic. CDC deserves better.

did i hurt your feeling? maybe buy some think skin from walmart you aren't going to gain any sympathy here. especially after your delusional hockey knowledge.

I wasnt boasting about my posts. I was pointing out your lack there of. dont think you can come here every 5 years and expect any respect from anyone.

We need to go for a D-man in this draft.

DeAngelo or Fleury.

We definitely don't want our future to look like Edmonton's with skill at the front and nothing in the back.

2013/2014

Yakupov 24 Pts -33

Murray 21 Pts +4

We could use a lefty, I'd take Fluery. We have a similar player to deangelo in Subban. Later pick but that's probably just due to jordans size. As I've said in earlier posts, I think a guy like Fluery 6'3 200lbs physical great skating defensive guy could be a key to the success of a small offensive guy like subban.

Also Fluery had 46 points this year. That's not bad at all. Scouts still say he has more to give on the offensive side.

Drouin didn't age? Is this a superpower?

I rather meant Drouin would probably be even more dominant next year. You can't just look at last years stats and compare them to this years stats... they lost Nathan freaking MacKinnon to the Avs...

Drouin is still a more complete player. Just stating Drouin should have had a better season. His value has dropped off a bit considering other players have played well in the NHL and scored 20+ goals (Monahan). I know the Q's stats are inflated due to their emphasis on offence. Just because a player scores a lot in juniors, it doesn't always translate to points in the NHL.

Mantha improved significantly over his draft year and is closing the gap between the two.

Drouin is still a more complete player. Just stating Drouin should have had a better season. His value has dropped off a bit considering other players have played well in the NHL and scored 20+ goals (Monahan). I know the Q's stats are inflated due to their emphasis on offence. Just because a player scores a lot in juniors, it doesn't always translate to points in the NHL.

Mantha improved significantly over his draft year and is closing the gap between the two.

Drouin's value has not dropped because of Monahan..

Drouin > Mantha by a large margine

I think Drouin would have made about a dozen NHL teams... certainly Calgary. Just because a player made the NHL right away doesn't necessarily mean that they will be better than anyone who didn't make the NHL right after being drafted. Drouin is doing fine.

Seriously you guys and your arguing about Drouin. Has anyone thought he may have just been cut because of his size and they want him to grow and put on a little weight before playing in the NHL?! The skill is obviously there and he is better than Mantha. It's just a testament to how awesome last season's draft was!

We see it all the time. Kids with tons of skill but not enough size and bulk getting injured. Nuge, Hertl, just to name two. There's way more than that.

Seriously you guys and your arguing about Drouin. Has anyone thought he may have just been cut because of his size and they want him to grow and put on a little weight before playing in the NHL?! The skill is obviously there and he is better than Mantha. It's just a testament to how awesome last season's draft was!

We see it all the time. Kids with tons of skill but not enough size and bulk getting injured. Nuge, Hertl, just to name two. There's way more than that.

Spot on with nuge but if Hertl's size is a problem we better leave Horvat down until he's 26

Everyone knows Ehlers plays with Drouin - without looking, Mantha plays with who?

If Drouin is this super hockey god as several posters have argued, then we shouldn't pick Ehlers.

That's like saying Dal Colle is no good cause he plays with Laughton, which isn't true.

Watch Ehlers play and you'll see he's not being carried by Drouin. He makes things happen on his own.

Scouts are smart, they wouldn't rank him in the top 6 if he was being carried by a better player.

That's like saying Dal Colle is no good cause he plays with Laughton, which isn't true.

Watch Ehlers play and you'll see he's not being carried by Drouin. He makes things happen on his own.

Scouts are smart, they wouldn't rank him in the top 6 if he was being carried by a better player.

Good post

I think people almost assume now a days that a player that plays with another good player is simply carrying the other player or is being carried. Such a negative connotation linked with each other, its kinda weird to say the least. Oh course players play better with better plays around them, simple fact in itself, but lets not disregard individual skills.

When Ehlers is compared to guys like Naslund, Bure and Forsberg, he is doing more than his fair share of stuff himself too.

What many are also forgetting is that when Druoin was at the WJC Ehlers was still capable in leading the Mooseheads with their best player's absense.

Jan 4. before Drouin and Fucale came back from the WJC Ehlers posted a 5 point night to spark a comeback after being down 3-1 to win 5-3

http://metronews.ca/sports/899876/ehlers-five-point-night-sparks-mooseheads-come-from-behind-victory-over-saint-john/

He certainly can hold his own. I think he would be a great game breaking player, something this team has lacked for years.

Lets just say we take Ehlers, imagine the young stars tourney in penticton lol:

Ehlers-Horvat-Jensen(assuming jensen can play)

Shinkaruk-Gaunce-Cassels

Fox-LaBate-Grenier

Blomstrand-Mallet-Friesen

Tommernes-Corrado

Hutton-Subban

Cederholm-Mceneny

Cannata

Thats a pretty good lineup, excluding any other possible first round selections or later round selections B)

Archived