The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Richie is that rare type of athlete that only comes along about once a decade, do you still pick Ritchie if Draisaitl slips and both are available at #6?

Perhaps a team before us believes, for example that Dal Colle might be over-rated because of his tremendous linemates.

Do you take Ritchie over Dal Colle if Dal Colle slips and both are available at #6?

Absolutely not. Dal Colle would be my choice for sure.

I would maybe take Ritchie over Draisaitl if he had more consistency, but its a concern for me (his ultimate upside offensively). So I would give Ritchie some consideration but ultimately take Draisaitl.

If Dal Colle was available I wouldn't think twice, he would be my pick.

As thad says he has star written all over him, he's got a complete high end offensive game, with size that he uses effectively, he can play a 200ft game, he's a good skater & has high end potential, possibly the highest in the draft.

I seriously hope he falls myself, but I don't see it happening.

Is this a joke? Ritchie, a guy that's 6'3" 230lbs, hits everything in sight and likes dropping the gloves is going to cower away from a guy like Green while on the same token a smaller, pure skill guy like Kapanen or Ehlers isn't gonna have a problem taking that same punishment?!

That's some ass backwards thinking!

Nice.

Absolutely not. Dal Colle would be my choice for sure.

I would maybe take Ritchie over Draisaitl if he had more consistency, but its a concern for me (his ultimate upside offensively). So I would give Ritchie some consideration but ultimately take Draisaitl.

If Dal Colle was available I wouldn't think twice, he would be my pick.

As thad says he has star written all over him, he's got a complete high end offensive game, with size that he uses effectively, he can play a 200ft game, he's a good skater & has high end potential, possibly the highest in the draft.

I seriously hope he falls myself, but I don't see it happening.

Oh man I'd be pitchin a tent for a week if he fell to us. Hell, put him with the twins next year and see what happens. Throw him on the powerplay and I bet he wins the Calder.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Florida took him first. They could really use a star winger.

Oh man I'd be pitchin a tent for a week if he fell to us. Hell, put him with the twins next year and see what happens. Throw him on the powerplay and I bet he wins the Calder.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Florida took him first. They could really use a star winger.

Well, you might as well go camping then because we're going to get a very good player.

……unless we trade the pick. :blink:

They have Huberdeau.

And with the centers they have aswell (Barkov, Bjugstad, Trocheck) I think they will take Ekblad.

Which will leave Reinhart for Buffalo.

After that who knows, EDM I think will take Draisaitl or Bennett, which leave Dal Colle & the other one of those 2 not taken. I think there is a chance Calgary could go for Ritchie (I think they are more likely to than NYI) but who knows, NYI might really want Dal Colle.

I'm just hoping Dal Colle, falls, he's been my favorite prospects as a whole since way before we were eliminated from playoffs.

Do you take Ritchie over Dal Colle if Dal Colle slips and both are available at #6?

Absolutely dal Colle. He's gonna be a star. He's probably actually got superstar max ceiling. He's got franchise winger written all over him.

I could see a player of Dal Colle Caliber being the situation that allows Bo to be a first line centre some day. A winger good enough to make a star out of the 1B centre.

Should we trade up to draft him then? Maybe trade with Calgary for the 4th overall and take Dal Colle? Add in a 2nd and a b/c prospect or something?

They have Huberdeau.

And with the centers they have aswell (Barkov, Bjugstad, Trocheck) I think they will take Ekblad.

Which will leave Reinhart for Buffalo.

After that who knows, EDM I think will take Draisaitl or Bennett, which leave Dal Colle & the other one of those 2 not taken. I think there is a chance Calgary could go for Ritchie (I think they are more likely to than NYI) but who knows, NYI might really want Dal Colle.

I'm just hoping Dal Colle, falls, he's been my favorite prospects as a whole since way before we were eliminated from playoffs.

I wouldn't count out the Isles liking Ritchie too. They could use the size up front. They have a pretty decent mix of everything else but goaltending.

Someone will drop to us or we take the BPA of the players remaining.

I mean, really, what's the worst that can happen? :ph34r:

I wouldn't count out the Isles liking Ritchie too. They could use the size up front. They have a pretty decent mix of everything else but goaltending.

We take Virtanen or Perlini. :bigblush:

No seriously though, we are in a great spot, we either get a top 5 player or whoever is deemed the BPA by our scouts (which I hope is one of the high offensive players)

Still, Dal Colle would be really nice, his shooting ability (aswell as everything else he brings) with Kassian's passing ability, then throw Horvat in the middle. That would be the dream, ^_^

Nothing. We almost cant lose. There are about 8-9 guys who I think could be blue chip prospects.

Should we trade up to draft him then? Maybe trade with Calgary for the 4th overall and take Dal Colle? Add in a 2nd and a b/c prospect or something?

Depends what it took. I probably wouldn't though but I'm also pretty pumped on Ritchie too. If Schroeder could do it then yeah, but I'm not giving up a gaunce or anything.

Is this a joke? Ritchie, a guy that's 6'3" 230lbs, hits everything in sight and likes dropping the gloves is going to cower away from a guy like Green while on the same token a smaller, pure skill guy like Kapanen or Ehlers isn't gonna have a problem taking that same punishment?!

That's some ass backwards thinking!

I never mentioned Ehlers or Kapanen in my post, where did you get that from? I was purely talking about Ritchie in my post.

In my post I was referring to a poster who was talking about Ritchie in the starting lineup next season, you're going to tell me that an 18 year old is going to be able to stand in there and take a hit from a big mean defensemen? He is still a kid.

I don't get why people have such a hard-on for these "skilled", tough , power forwards. Most, if not, all of these highly touted power forwards never really pan out and if they do, they're nothing more of than a complementary player.

I don't get why people have such a hard-on for these "skilled", tough , power forwards. Most, if not, all of these highly touted power forwards never really pan out and if when they do, they're nothing more of than a complementary player.

Let me guess. You want to draft Ehlers?

I don't get why people have such a hard-on for these "skilled", tough , power forwards. Most, if not, all of these highly touted power forwards never really pan out and if when they do, they're nothing more of than a complementary player.

Because they think that taking a risk on a big PWF is going to become Lucic and they want one. Also, they believe it is what it takes to win in the playoffs even though we got 1 game away from a Cup without one..

Ya I usually don't see it either. In Ritchie's case I kind of do, but he's really been the only one of these PWF types that always get compared to Lucic that I've seen legit potential in.

The one thing is… you can't miss on your 1st round pick as a scouting staff. You just can't.

You need to get a player.

Striking out in the 1st round, especially at 6th, is a killer.

Then thats the battle, go with a safe guy like Kapanen or maybe Virtanen or Ritchie who have that power game to fall back on in a bottom 6 role.

Or do you go with the high risk/high reward, boom or bust guys like Nylander or Ehlers.

That why I like Kapanen cause he offers both the high reward, but also a low risk, IMO.

Archived