The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fabbri at 10 or Fiala at 10 would be decent picks, but you gotta think, We would take Fleury if he was still on the board.

Of course this all hinges on an Anaheim trade.

If the 10th pick is the major piece of the deal and we plan on taking Fluery, I'd rather try to get pouliot from Pitt. Higher end upside dman, then take a skill guy later in the round with their first. One of fabbri Fiala Ho-sang goldobin should be still on the board by the time Pitt picks. If those guys are all taken then there should be a real gem waiting for us at the pitt pick, Milano?.

If I had my way and I'll probably get flamed but I take Ritchie at 6(unless someone falls).

Trade Kesler for pouliot bennett 3rd or pouliot sutter first.

We figure our centre problems out elsewhere. I think pouliot has higher upside than Etem or the 10th overall. If we can get Bennett, great, I'll take a lower pick. If we have to settle for sutter(who looked pretty good in the playoffs) then I'm comfortable we can get a good player in the late first. Even Ho sang would be great.

Subtract Kesler if he really wants out and leave the draft with Ritchie Pouliot Sutter Ho-Sang.

Sutter may be redundant but I think he's better than both Matthias and gaunce. One of the 3 can be used as future trade bait.

Fabbri at 10 or Fiala at 10 would be decent picks, but you gotta think, We would take Fleury if he was still on the board.

Of course this all hinges on an Anaheim trade.

Are we supposed to get excited about Fabbri or Fiala while trading Kesler to our divisional rival?

Or do the Canucks actually want to, you know, sell some tickets?

If the 10th pick is the major piece of the deal and we plan on taking Fluery, I'd rather try to get pouliot from Pitt. Higher end upside dman, then take a skill guy later in the round with their first. One of fabbri Fiala Ho-sang goldobin should be still on the board by the time Pitt picks. If those guys are all taken then there should be a real gem waiting for us at the pitt pick, Milano?.

If I had my way and I'll probably get flamed but I take Ritchie at 6(unless someone falls).

Trade Kesler for pouliot bennett 3rd or pouliot sutter first.

We figure our centre problems out elsewhere. I think pouliot has higher upside than Etem or the 10th overall. If we can get Bennett, great, I'll take a lower pick. If we have to settle for sutter(who looked pretty good in the playoffs) then I'm comfortable we can get a good player in the late first. Even Ho sang would be great.

Subtract Kesler if he really wants out and leave the draft with Ritchie Pouliot Sutter Ho-Sang.

Sutter may be redundant but I think he's better than both Matthias and gaunce. One of the 3 can be used as future trade bait.

I tend to agree with you on this point. Pouliot is exactly the type of prospect this team needs, and something that is not clearly available in the draft.

I'd be very happy with Pouliot, Bennett and a mid range pick for Kesler.

It was Shero & Bylsma that wanted Kes. One is gone and the other is still on the edge. Kes might not even want to go there anymore. To do what? play as a winger? a 3C?

so stop bringing up the Pittsburgh proposals and look more into Anaheim as Murray will go make a pitch again

Perhaps we can get Fabbri with the 10th overall

This list is taken from HF boards. Its a generally agreed consensus of the top 12 , bunched into tiers .

Ekblad

Reinhart

Bennett

Draisaitl

Dal Colle

Nylander

Ritchie

Ehlers

Kapanen

Virtanen

Fleury

Fabbri

Perlini

McCann

Tuch

Seems fairly accurate to me as of May 20th 2014

I wonder who trevor has his eye on. Is he hoping a top 5 drops and then picks that player. I would love to somehow see canucks scouting list.

My personal opinion hasn't changed much

Top five is someone falls then

If we want to go with high end skill Nylander is my guy.

If we want a more rounded player Virtanen seems like a sold pick aswell

This list is taken from HF boards. Its a generally agreed consensus of the top 12 , bunched into tiers .

Ekblad

Reinhart

Bennett

Draisaitl

Dal Colle

Nylander

Ritchie

Ehlers

Kapanen

Virtanen

Fleury

Fabbri

Perlini

McCann

Tuch

Seems fairly accurate to me as of May 20th 2014

Very solid list.

If it was between 3 players for our pick that's exactly how I see it

Me too. Its not my list though a guy on HF did so. If we pick Virtanen or Tuch or Fleury or Fabbri at #6 I would be disappointed

All this mega support for Ehlers and he is agreed on only at 8th? And Virtanen, who is ranked 10th here over Ehlers at 8th would be disappointing? Alrighty then.

Anyway, this: http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2014/ a recent mock draft shows us picking Virtanen at #6.

1 Florida-Ekblad

2 Buffalo-Bennett

3 Edmonton-Draisaitl

4 Calgary-Reinhart

5 NYI/Buf-Dal Colle

6 Vancouver-Virtanen

7 Carolina-Ritchie

8 Toronto-Perlini

9 Winnipeg-Ehlers

10 Anaheim-Fleury

11 Nashville-Nylander

12 Phoenix-Fabbri

13 Washington-Goldobin

14 Dallas-Sherbak

15 Detroit-Pastrnak

16 Columbus-Larkin

17 Philadelphia-Barbashev

18 Tampa Bay-McCann

19 Minnesota-Tuch

20 Montreal-Fiala

21 Tampa Bay-Milano

22 Chicago-Irving

23 San Jose-McKeown

24 St. Louis-Kapanen

25 Pittsburgh-Ho-Sang

26 Colorado-Quennville

27 Anaheim-Glover

28 Boston-Bleackly

29 Los Angeles-Pettersen

30 New Jersey-Martin

This is fairly accurate based on what I've seen myself and from scouts. Fabbri's playoff is causing him to rise a bit too much i think, but that's the way it is. Tuch and Milano at 19 and 21 is a bit late. Kapanen at 24 is a bit of a surprise as well, but not totally unexpected.

All this mega support for Ehlers and he is agreed on only at 8th? And Virtanen, who is ranked 10th here over Ehlers at 8th would be disappointing? Alrighty then.

Anyway, this: http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2014/ a recent mock draft shows us picking Virtanen at #6.

1 Florida-Ekblad

2 Buffalo-Bennett

3 Edmonton-Draisaitl

4 Calgary-Reinhart

5 NYI/Buf-Dal Colle

6 Vancouver-Virtanen

7 Carolina-Ritchie

8 Toronto-Perlini

9 Winnipeg-Ehlers

10 Anaheim-Fleury

11 Nashville-Nylander

12 Phoenix-Fabbri

13 Washington-Goldobin

14 Dallas-Sherbak

15 Detroit-Pastrnak

16 Columbus-Larkin

17 Philadelphia-Barbashev

18 Tampa Bay-McCann

19 Minnesota-Tuch

20 Montreal-Fiala

21 Tampa Bay-Milano

22 Chicago-Irving

23 San Jose-McKeown

24 St. Louis-Kapanen

25 Pittsburgh-Ho-Sang

26 Colorado-Quennville

27 Anaheim-Glover

28 Boston-Bleackly

29 Los Angeles-Pettersen

30 New Jersey-Martin

This is fairly accurate based on what I've seen myself and from scouts. Fabbri's playoff is causing him to rise a bit too much i think, but that's the way it is. Tuch and Milano at 19 and 21 is a bit late. Kapanen at 24 is a bit of a surprise as well, but not totally unexpected.

Absent wasn't saying who's going to go when, he was showing the tiers of the draft.

Example: 1st tier, Ekblad, Bennett, Reinhart.

Absent wasn't saying who's going to go when, he was showing the tiers of the draft.

Example: 1st tier, Ekblad, Bennett, Reinhart.

Actually all he did was regurgitate some HF post? Of what consequence is that? Not sure.

In reality there are no 'huge gaps' between 'tiers' in this draft. Far from it.

Even this 'top-5' is an invention.

I was thinking a slighter bigger Steve Sullivan.

Maybe a mix of both, his playmaking game, the way he forechecks & the way he can move the puck so quickly before getting checked reminds of Desharnias.

But he also has a scoring ability that I don't think Desharnias has. Which would play more into the Sullivan comparison.

And that was just meant to be a style comparison. I'm not saying he can't be better than Desharnias just to clarify.

Archived