The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Etem isn't that great at all, but he's a PPG player in the AHL at 21.

He defines physicality, and speed.

He's like Kane at center and was able to tally 100 points with Shinkaruk as his linemate. I wanna reunite them with a gangbuster new coach and see if we can be the new young offensive jugernaught we need to be.

Kesler needs a contender now and we arn't one.

Etem is a Left winger

He's like Kane at center and was able to tally 100 points with Shinkaruk as his linemate. I wanna reunite them with a gangbuster new coach and see if we can be the new young offensive jugernaught we need to be.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0009982012.html

That's why I want us to acquire Etem, people.

Let's give them the March 2014 Zack Kassian for next season and see what some young skilled players can finally do.

I sensed that too

But more like Kesler to Anaheim for Etem and the 10th

Canucks in 4 years

Shinkaruk Etem Kassian

Ritchie Henrik Jensen

Matthias Horvat Virtanen

Santorelli Gaunce Richardson

Fox Cassels Burrows

Edler Tanev

Garrison Bieksa

Hamhuis Corrado

Subban Stanton

Where's Daniel.....

Where's Daniel.....

He's done, his concussion knocked all the Sedinery out of him. and the way the Sedins play is inevitably not possible on the wing with his slowness

Thank goodness Henrik is still as good as ever

He's done, his concussion knocked all the Sedinery out of him. and the way the Sedins play is inevitably not possible on the wing with his slowness

Pretty cold thing to say about a struggling player.

Malhotra was done once. Mitchell was too injury prone to re-sign, Burrows? Do we really need him?, etc...

You should know better.

I was thinking about this the other day, shinkaruk centre our future top line. With full control of utica we can develop him that way. He's got the high skill to be a first line centre if he pans out. Having a guy like Ritchie or Kassian on his wing could be what makes the plan work.

if we pick Ritchie, then we would have true power forwards on 2 lines. Shinkaruk would be the only true elite talent we would have as the Sedins slide down to 2nd liners and eventually role players.

This is why I pray we pick Ehlers and Ritchie. This team sorely lacks high end elite skill for prospects.

if we pick Ritchie, then we would have true power forwards on 2 lines. Shinkaruk would be the only true elite talent we would have as the Sedins slide down to 2nd liners and eventually role players.

This is why I pray we pick Ehlers and Ritchie. This team sorely lacks high end elite skill for prospects.

What makes you think that Ehlers will have more skill at the NHL level than Virtanen?

Good luck keeping Hank around if you're expecting Danny to be gone.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0009982012.html

That's why I want us to acquire Etem, people.

Let's give them the March 2014 Zack Kassian for next season and see what some young skilled players can finally do.

I agree. I dont get all the love for these other Duck prospects. Here is the one spot where I feel the mock draft guys are fairly accurate at how the players actually turn out.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2010-NHL-Mock-Draft/

They have Etem at #12 . What I have seen of the guy so far is he is doing well at the AHL level . I take him over Theordore or any of the ones avail.

I take Etem , 10th and their first in 2015 all day for Kesler. B)

Etem is a Left winger

ahahah no

He's right, Etem is a winger.

And he's nowhere close to having a game like Evander Kane.

Good luck keeping Hank around if you're expecting Danny to be gone.

If Daniel Sedin doen't score 20 goals again next season and ends at say 55 points, and Henrik maintains a solid 80 point season you're telling me there wouldn't be a chance he retires and Henrik remains if his production slipped even more the following season?

If Daniel Sedin doen't score 20 goals again next season and ends at say 55 points, and Henrik maintains a solid 80 point season you're telling me there wouldn't be a chance he retires and Henrik remains if his production slipped even more the following season?

No chance. Zero.

Nick-Ritchie.png

When on top of his game, Nick Ritchie is a monstrosity that wrecks havoc on opposing defenses. He’s battled injuries and consistency issues over his three years in the OHL (late ’95), but he finally put it all together in the final 3-4 months of the OHL season. Once the Petes acquired Hunter Garlent, they had finally found a playmaker for Ritchie, which simplified things for him and allowed him to really take over games with his physicality and scoring ability. In the final 29 regular season games of the season, Ritchie had 24 goals. He had a terrific playoffs, too (although was considerably better against Kingston than Oshawa). The goal production is no fluke. On top of overpowering defenders near the crease for garbage goals, Ritchie also possesses one heck of a shot (rated as 3rd best in the East in the coaches poll). Like Dal Colle, he’s great at using his size to create room for himself to use it. When you think of what a solid prospect his brother Brett has become, you have to wonder what Nick is capable of considering he’s the better skater, has a better shot, and is better with the puck. I’ve read comments from people talking negatively about Ritchie, comparing him to some of the failed power forward projects of recent years (guys like Hugh Jessiman). We’re talking about a 6’3, 230lbs winger who can lead the rush across the blueline. That’s a special player. He’s not a plug. Ritchie has the hands and skill to match everything he’s capable of physically. And we haven’t even talked about how effective he is without the puck, as a steamroller on the forecheck. He hits and he hits hard. Bottom line is you’re looking at a throwback power forward. They don’t make many like this anymore (think Kevin Stevens). Are the consistency issues legitimate? Yes. Does he have some conditioning issues? Likely. But those are very correctable things that can’t overshadow the massive potential (no pun intended) that Ritchie possesses.
- Brock Otten, OHL Prospects

Trade our 6th + Tanev + ??? To Florida for 1st overall. Draft Ekblad

Trade Kesler to Pittsburgh for Pouliot ++

Future Defense:

Eblad

Hamhuis

Pouliot

Cederholm

Corrado

Bieksa/Garrison

Shouldn't the push be for forwards? We have 4 Dmen with NTC contracts each over 4.5mil.

If Daniel leaves/retires he'd most likely go back to play in Sweden. Guess who would probably be right with him? Henrik. I don't believe for a minute that one stays if the other has left.

If Daniel leaves/retires he'd most likely go back to play in Sweden. Guess who would probably be right with him? Henrik. I don't believe for a minute that one stays if the other has left.

I do I see Henrik staying and getting even better when he finally gets a real 1st line RW to play with.

Speed won't matter as he gets older his saucer passes will just become more pristine.

He was our only top 6 forward the last 2 playoffs in my eyes, Daniel suffered a concussion and just has not been the same.

Foolish to say Henrik wouldn't stay and give it his all to bring a championship to this team, it's kind of poetica to be honest his brother retiring and him drudging on, it's epic.

Archived