The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ehlers is playing with Drouin as well, I know that doesn't entirely contribute to his own skill, but he doesn't look as impressive as his stats lead you to believe. He's very fast and smart but I just am too biased for Ritchie who has a wicked wrist shot anyway.

He's been the most noticeable player on the ice so far IMO.

Drafting a player because he's big and can manhandle 16 and 17 year old kids is not a good enough reason to draft a player. He reminds me too much of Kassian, and I don't think this team can afford to have another average skater IMO.

Wouldn't Virtanen be a nice mix of the two?? Maybe not as good at one thing or as big or as fast as the others are but he's got size, good skating ability, speed, and a wicked shot. I think he'd be the safer pick.. Although the reward factor for either Ritchie and Ehlers could be massive.

This team could really use another elite playmaker, anyone like that in this years draft you experts think we should consider? Dal Colle, would be great if he's still available when we pick, he also has good chemistry with Cassels.

Dal Colle is having the biggest impact so far.

5 points in a 5-0 game.

The memorial cup will go a long ways in determining who rises and who falls.

I'm changing my favourite from Barbashev to McCann, this guy is looking great in the playoffs with 4 points in 2 games. He's had a steady rise from being out of the top 30 to a potential top 10 pick. He's got great size, plays both sides of the ice and seems to bring some physicality as well. His biggest issue is consistency, as at one point he only scored 1 goal in 12 games, but based on his ppg stats he went on a tear shortly after that. I think he's one of the safer bets in this draft and is ranked where we will likely be picking.

After watching the Halifax game on sportsnet, I am an even bigger ehlers fan. His passes are usually one timers, hard, and tape to tape. I think the problem with the canucks is everyone takes a pass, cushions it, looks around, then makes another pass. We need more players who can pass without thinking about it first, and ehlers is exactly that with a few other tools in the box as well.

We need someone like Ehlers in our system....We have too many prospects that are average to below average skaters....Gaunce, Horvat, Shink (more shifty then fast) and Jensen ( a little above avg but not elite speed).

I want a prospect that's going to get you out of your seat and Ehlers provides that......Also in some sites I have seen him listed at 5'11 and 175....Still small but he can put on weight....like Nyquist, Zetterberg and Datsyuk or even Kane...enough that he can play.

If Ehlers is gone then Virtanen will do but I wouldn't want to take Ritche.....big guys with skating problems always look good in junior but unless they improve their speed vastly it will be hard to dominate in the big leagues...see Bernier, Cheechoo, even Kassian for now.

Wouldn't mind another game breaker type of player in Ehlers as well, it's been a while since we had a player that can lift the audience out of their seats since the Bure era. This kid will be a great player with the proper guidance. If Ehlers was in our system he'd be really protected with the big bodies that we have in our team, Ehlers would look great in a Canucks Jersey.

While it wouldn't shock me if the Canucks picked another Dane with their top pick, Ehlers has simply been playing with an top-line NHLer this season in the Q. Not sure if that makes him a gamebreaker, or a beneficiary. Oh wait. I'm sure. He's a beneficiary. Kinda like Dane Fox.

If we're picking high I think we should be getting a leader, not a follower.

Virtanen (a right-shooting winger, who we desperately need in our prospect pool) has outscored Perlini and Ritchie in the playoffs so far. 2 assists compared to 0 points each. I'd take a hard look at Tuch if Virtanen was unavailable.

Centers Dal Colle has 6pts in 2gp. McCann 4pts. Draisaitl 2pts.

I'd take McKeown over DeAngelo, if a right-side defenseman. Fleury if left.

Wouldn't mind another game breaker type of player in Ehlers as well, it's been a while since we had a player that can lift the audience out of their seats since the Bure era. This kid will be a great player with the proper guidance. If Ehlers was in our system he'd be really protected with the big bodies that we have in our team, Ehlers would look great in a Canucks Jersey.

Ehlers, Virtanen, Perlini, or Ritchie are all good picks for different reasons and hopefully one falls to us (I would be happy with any).

I think Virtanen, followed by Perlini, are the safer picks. Ehlers and Ritchie are gambles that could pay off immensely. I think there is a big drop to guys like McCann or Barbashev.

The thing that worries me about Ehlers is the fact he plays with Drouin, which could heavily inflate his stats.

Goldobin on the other hand is putting up huge numbers on a bad team. 94 points in 67 games, while the 2nd and 3rd highest scoring forwards have 66 and 38 points. While he is an extremely talented player I don't see us picking a small russian.

Goldobin on the other hand is putting up huge numbers on a bad team. 94 points in 67 games, while the 2nd and 3rd highest scoring forwards have 66 and 38 points. While he is an extremely talented player I don't see us picking a small russian.

He's 6'0 and 185 pounds?!?!

Archived