The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

New video of Ehlers from Bigwhite06:

It makes him a more legitimate prospect now that bigwhite has shown him some respect. You can say I'm partial, but he doesn't throw a hit the entire video. He's the definition of a soft Euro, but his speed is impressive - might limit him to the perimeter however.

It makes him a more legitimate prospect now that bigwhite has shown him some respect. You can say I'm partial, but he doesn't throw a hit the entire video. He's the definition of a soft Euro, but his speed is impressive - might limit him to the perimeter however.

Perhaps the video guy wanted to look at his speed and skill. A quick look at his hit totals will tell you he hits. You then fling off your disguise of trying to be reasonable and immediately blade the guy as a 'soft euro' and 'perimeter player' . Because the video guy never included a hit?

Not very convincing argument but hey, at least you convinced us of your utter bias. :)

Did it go as well as you hoped?

Perhaps the video guy wanted to look at his speed and skill. A quick look at his hit totals will tell you he hits. You then fling off your disguise of trying to be reasonable and immediately blade the guy as a 'soft euro' and 'perimeter player' . Because the video guy never included a hit?

Not very convincing argument but hey, at least you convinced us of your utter bias. :)

Did it go as well as you hoped?

buddy, you're on my ignore list, you only show up when you quote my post. please stop talking to me, you're a meatstick.

buddy, you're on my ignore list, you only show up when you quote my post. please stop talking to me, you're a meatstick.

He brought up a legitimate point but fair enough if you decide to ignore him.

I heard at the combine the Canucks scouts didn't even interview Ehlers or Nylander. Kind of disappointing by that, seems that we aren't interested in them at all.

Or Ritchie. Strange isnt it? I was thinking there was 2 more days in the combine but you have info that they arent interviewing Ritchie Ehlers and Nylander at all?

Because you say so? Oh ok. Well said my immature one. What 'game of thrones' character would that make you?

Instead of putting up spiteful posts about prospects and then insulting people who call you out on it, try something new. Be positive about the prospects you hope we draft. :)

Early assessment on Fabbri:

Robby Fabbri. Again too skinny, not overly aggressive, sheltered on a deep team, and not skilled enough. Another low qualcomp-type player, tops.

His playoff rose his stock, but not enough for us to consider him. The Storm was just a really, really good team this year, and he didn't even lead his team in scoring. Pass.

I like Bigwhite06 videos. But this one makes me dislike Ehlers even more. The majority of the goals on the video were not NHL goals. He is not going to be able to skate around defencemen in the NHL like he does in the Q. Go watch Bigwhite06 video of Virtanen or Ritchie for that matter to see NHL goals. People are impressed with Ehlers' speed but Virtanen will be a much more effective skater at the NHL level. He may be a notch below Ehlers in sheer speed and agility, but his larger frame will allow him to implement his speed better at the NHL level.

I heard at the combine the Canucks scouts didn't even interview Ehlers or Nylander. Kind of disappointing by that, seems that we aren't interested in them at all.

They interviewed them today.

Have to remember there is only so much time in a day, and the combine is multiple days.

not crazy at all. Who ever will be available at number 4 is a player that comes by very often anyways. Around 6'0 tall and around 180 lbs. Their are plenty of those types of players. Plenty of those types of players in the following draft year . Mean while a 6'3 230 truculent player who can play offensive don't actually come by very often. I have a strong feeling Ritchie will actually be gone by the 6th pick. OH wells. I will be happy MDC although he despises the Canucks.

Hates the Nucks?

Archived