The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jack is a beast man idk how people can say Mcdavid is the clear cut number #1 next year. I know Mcdavid is more offensively gifted but the more I watch Eichel the more i believe he has a Legitment shot at being the number 1 pick next year.

I think McDavid would go to #1 but I think Eichel should come to the CHL and see if he can beat McDavid's number to seriously prove he is better.

benning has done one thing. ONE THING. buyout booth. yet I already like him much much more than gillis.

could just be ignorance on my part but thats how I feel.

Because Benning knows what he wants his hockey team to be, Gillis just looked at the latest stanley cup winner and said "we need to be like them"

You're never gonna be first if you have to follow. Gillis was a follower, Benning and Linden are leaders.

Brett MacLean put up 47 goals in the OHL with Oshawa and in the summer (07) he got drafted by Phoenix in the 2nd round.

He is a UFA as of today.

Also, scoring isn't the only thing that matters for a hockey player.

Brett McLean actually had to retire because he went into cardiac arrest during an off-season pickup hockey game and had to have an implantable cardiac defibrillator put in. I'm not disagreeing with you on Virtanen, but McLean is probably not the best example.

Video on Dal Colle and his family from NHL.com...

Guys been through a lot.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=703660

Yea he seems like a great kid. I know someone said he hates the Canucks but if we draft him I don't see how that's possible. He has his line mate Cassels to play with, and there is the Canucks Autism Network which I'm sure he would love to be involved in.

If he falls to us and we pick him I will be very happy.

Brett McLean actually had to retire because he went into cardiac arrest during an off-season pickup hockey game and had to have an implantable cardiac defibrillator put in. I'm not disagreeing with you on Virtanen, but McLean is probably not the best example.

He asked who scored 45 goals and was over 6 feet in junior and Brett MacLean was one example along with Anthony Mantha.

benning has done one thing. ONE THING. buyout booth. yet I already like him much much more than gillis.

could just be ignorance on my part but thats how I feel.

1st year is always the grace period. Won't take long for Vancouver's fanbase to turn.

Jack is a beast man idk how people can say Mcdavid is the clear cut number #1 next year. I know Mcdavid is more offensively gifted but the more I watch Eichel the more i believe he has a Legitment shot at being the number 1 pick next year.

I totally agree with you, Jack Eichel next year has a srs shot at out shining mcdavid.

Am I the only one who isn't too keen on drafting the kids committing to college? I'm not too keen to wait 4 years to see them in the bigs... Obviously they can leave school early, but I'm still not that excited to have to wait potentially 4 years to see them in Vancouver.

And Ho-Sang? Seriously? The kid has serious issues I want nowhere near Vancouver's dressing room.

Am I the only one who isn't too keen on drafting the kids committing to college? I'm not too keen to wait 4 years to see them in the bigs... Obviously they can leave school early, but I'm still not that excited to have to wait potentially 4 years to see them in Vancouver.

And Ho-Sang? Seriously? The kid has serious issues I want nowhere near Vancouver's dressing room.

I know its an uncommon thing in this market , but i'd like to see our first rd pick come in and just rip it up in training camp and make the team and stick the entire season, albeit playing at a high level all season.

Archived