The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

McKenzie "I think Van at 6 is another team that will kick tires and look to get up to 1. Van wants a C not a D"

So McKenzie says we want a center, although he might just mean a forward. But the only centers that are worthy of 6th pick is Nylander an Draisatl if he falls. So maybe its him just saying we really want Reinhart...

McKenzie "I think Van at 6 is another team that will kick tires and look to get up to 1. Van wants a C not a D"

So McKenzie says we want a center, although he might just mean a forward. But the only centers that are worthy of 6th pick is Nylander an Draisatl if he falls. So maybe its him just saying we really want Reinhart...

I think he's saying if (BIG IF) we trade up to #1 we'll be taking Reinhart, not Ekblad.

Injuries are a part of the game. You could imagine that Boston had a few injuries too.

And yet they didn't really. Bumps and bruises I'm sure but only two reported injuries to the whole roster outside of Horton and Savard. One was Lucic with an ankle issue, and I can't remember the other off the top of my head.

Canucks had Henrik, Kesler, Ehrhoff and Samuelsson injured coming into the series, and Bieksa, Edler, Hamhuis and Raymond injured during. That's all top 6 forwards and top 4 defence, so it absolutely affected our ability to generate offence, as well as play solid defence.

But way off topic, and as far as Perlini if he wasn't injured then his decrease in offensive output is a red flag. It doesn't mean he can't overcome that and be successful in the NHL, or even clutch, but based on the information we do know it's something that might give scouts pause.

I wouldn't pick Ho-sang under any circumstances.

I think it's even odds he never plays 100 games in the NHL.

I might if it was a pick after the start of the 3rd round - you never know right. I wouldn't use our high second on him let alone any first we could get though.

I might if it was a pick after the start of the 3rd round - you never know right. I wouldn't use our high second on him let alone any first we could get though.

I wouldn't even use a 3rd on him. I don't think he'll play.

There are going to be many good players available in the 3rd and 4th who I'd take first because they may actually have careers in the NHL. Guys I've seen multiple times in the Dub like one if the trio of D. Turgeon, Schoenborn or Iverson, or Mayo or Kirkland. Better an NHL depth guy that someone who can only play one role on the team or not at all.

I think the analysts start to wander all over the map depending on what they hear on the grapevine. A month ago he said Ehlers/Nyander was 'redundant' because of Shinkaruk and egro we would pick Nick Ritchie.

Now he says center. I dont know if we can land Reinhart or not but I would be all for it if the price was right. :)

Brett McLean actually had to retire because he went into cardiac arrest during an off-season pickup hockey game and had to have an implantable cardiac defibrillator put in. I'm not disagreeing with you on Virtanen, but McLean is probably not the best example.

Correct. Virtanen is 10x the skater Brett is.

Speed, size and scoring? Yes please. Just too obvious at 6th for me.

What are we going to do if we cant trade up?

Next draft has how many franchise players available again?

It's insane to think all of our problems will be solved in one weak draft in which we have to trade massive assets away to upgrade in. Just draft the bpa this year (Virtanen) and continue to make moves (like Booth, Kesler out, Shawn Thornton in) that will ensure us having Eichel or McDavid next year.

Archived