The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Next draft has how many franchise players available again?

It's insane to think all of our problems will be solved in one weak draft in which we have to trade massive assets away to upgrade in. Just draft the bpa this year (Virtanen) and continue to make moves (like Booth, Kesler out, Shawn Thornton in) that will ensure us having Eichel or McDavid next year.

Well next years draft as at least 2 franchise player (Mcdavid, Eichel) I can see Konecy, and Barzal being added to that list. So next year draft will possibly have 3-6 potential cornerstone players if they all develop well.( add in 1-2 european players)

Well next years draft as at least 2 franchise player (Mcdavid, Eichel) I can see Konecy, and Barzal being added to that list. So next year draft will possibly have 3-6 potential cornerstone players if they all develop well.( add in 1-2 european players)

Actually, next years draft the whole top-10 could be, if they continue to progress the way they do, as franchise players.

If they were intent on tanking, they would've let Booth eat up cash while not producing, They're opening up space to sign some players. Whether or not they actually become contenders is a whole different story, but all signs point towards a push.

If they were intent on tanking, they would've let Booth eat up cash while not producing, They're opening up space to sign some players. Whether or not they actually become contenders is a whole different story, but all signs point towards a push.

Or we could be trying to rebuild without tanking.

You have McDavid, Zacha, Eichel, Kylington, Barzal, White, Konecy, Hanifin, and there's still a year left to see more risers, but the same could be said that they could drop too.

who's White? if you don't mind me asking

You have McDavid, Zacha, Eichel, Kylington, Barzal, White, Konecy, Hanifin, and there's still a year left to see more risers, but the same could be said that they could drop too.

I don't think White is a franchise player, he's good but I think he's the Horvat of this year. Solid two-way player but won't be a PPG player IMO.

I don't think White is a franchise player, he's good but I think he's the Horvat of this year. Solid two-way player but won't be a PPG player IMO.

Still a year to see, obviously. I'm just throwing some names in there of people with the potential to reach that. I agree that White might be reaching a little too far though. The rest however are valid choices in my opinion.

And yet they didn't really. Bumps and bruises I'm sure but only two reported injuries to the whole roster outside of Horton and Savard. One was Lucic with an ankle issue, and I can't remember the other off the top of my head.

Canucks had Henrik, Kesler, Ehrhoff and Samuelsson injured coming into the series, and Bieksa, Edler, Hamhuis and Raymond injured during. That's all top 6 forwards and top 4 defence, so it absolutely affected our ability to generate offence, as well as play solid defence.

But way off topic, and as far as Perlini if he wasn't injured then his decrease in offensive output is a red flag. It doesn't mean he can't overcome that and be successful in the NHL, or even clutch, but based on the information we do know it's something that might give scouts pause.

I might if it was a pick after the start of the 3rd round - you never know right. I wouldn't use our high second on him let alone any first we could get though.

I'm pretty sure Bergeron was playing with a broken rib, punctured lung and something else. I seem to remember him having to go to the hospital after the final.

Archived