The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

errr what do you mean by not very good examples????? They fled the NHL because both players get demoted due to struggling play. Tikonov was sent to the AHL, following year he fled to the KHL and we've have never heard from him ever since.

Both these players were 1st round picks too. So no. What do you mean Burmistrov is a bad example? His NHL spot is locked up!. He wasn't even demoted, he was just upset Jokinen got more ice time then him for a minor stretch. Flees to the KHL. Yea, talk about players who don't want to work their way up.

Tihkonov and Filatov played in Russa before being drafted, Scherbak hasn't.

Burmistrov had an issue with the coach, and there are rumors of him coming back to NA.

Different situations. Look at the Russians recently, Nichushkin, Zadorov, Tarasenko, Kuznetsov came over like he said he would, even Grigorenko is back in NA despite the Sabres poorly mishandling him.

Some cases you have to watch out, I would be more worried about that with someone like Goldobin (even though I really like his skill) but not so much guys like Barbashev & Sherbak.

Barbashev is a born leader with high character, high skill, extremely aggressive and will do what it takes to win, Scherbak is a force offensively & physically and he has character and the will to get better.

Interesting story, Scherbak couldn't skate with the team early in training camp due to something with the transfer process, so he sat up in the box and rode the bike during the icetimes. When he finally could go on the ice, they didn't have to teach him everything, he already got it all from watching and soaking it in. Tells me he wants to get better and wants to succeed in NA.

Scherbak would be an unreal steal at 24. I'm sure he will be gone by 20.

I would take him around 15 if I was picking there. The "russian factor" may drop him, and I hope it does for our sake.

I have a feeling that we're getting the 1st overall.

Ya so do I, and its a bad feeling.

Tihkonov and Filatov played in Russa before being drafted, Scherbak hasn't.

Burmistrov had an issue with the coach, and there are rumors of him coming back to NA.

Different situations. Look at the Russians recently, Nichushkin, Zadorov, Tarasenko, Kuznetsov came over like he said he would, even Grigorenko is back in NA despite the Sabres poorly mishandling him.

Some cases you have to watch out, I would be more worried about that with someone like Goldobin (even though I really like his skill) but not so much guys like Barbashev & Sherbak.

Barbashev is a born leader with high character, high skill, extremely aggressive and will do what it takes to win, Scherbak is a force offensively & physically and he has character and the will to get better.

Interesting story, Scherbak couldn't skate with the team early in training camp due to something with the transfer process, so he sat up in the box and rode the bike during the icetimes. When he finally could go on the ice, they didn't have to teach him everything, he already got it all from watching and soaking it in. Tells me he wants to get better and wants to succeed in NA.

I would take him around 15 if I was picking there. The "russian factor" may drop him, and I hope it does for our sake.

Ya so do I, and its a bad feeling.

sigh... you and absentCanuck always seems to find an excuse for a backup... do you remember Filatov said he really wants to play in the NHL? Very badly? in fluent english too? y ea.... how that work out.

Pass. that said, you and I really have no say in what happens, with that pick. lets just agree to disagree and hope for the best with that pick.

sigh... you and absentCanuck always seems to find an excuse for a backup... do you remember Filatov said he really wants to play in the NHL? Very badly? in fluent english too? y ea.... how that work out.

Pass. that said, you and I really have no say in what happens, with that pick. lets just agree to disagree and hope for the best with that pick.

Lol so your discounting all my points?

Filatov tried, he was mismanged in CBJ, gave OTT a shot, the NHL just never worked for him, its not that he didn't have interest in playing here.

Just because a few Russians who played in Russia, went back to Russia doesn't mean every one will, and if you look at the amount of Russians picked higher in the draft recently, and the amount of them who are in NA, that's a proven point.

No need to use stereotypes as a reason not to draft players who have the desire to play here and contribute to the team.

Again, for the third time, if my suggestions are terrible, what would you do with the picks?

Yes it does matter if a player is from Russia. I don't think that you should be totally against picking a Russian however. It's all about attitude. Barbashev for an example, i wouldn't mind him at 24th. Yes he's russian, but he seems like a very mature guy. He's a leader on the ice and he wants to learn. He will do the little things for you to win. Don't know a lot about Scherbak's attitude, but talent wise, he would make a great pick at 24th as well.

Yes it does matter if a player is from Russia. I don't think that you should be totally against picking a Russian however. It's all about attitude. Barbashev for an example, i wouldn't mind him at 24th. Yes he's russian, but he seems like a very mature guy. He's a leader on the ice and he wants to learn. He will do the little things for you to win. Don't know a lot about Scherbak's attitude, but talent wise, he would make a great pick at 24th as well.

Guest Dasein

Every pick in the top 5 going as scripted.

NYI most likely will go with MDC.

REALLY curious who we will draft at #6!

Guest Dasein

that clown Michal Dale cole once said

"I rather play for Long Island instead of Vancouver, and we all know how bad Long Island is."

karma.

Who would you rather play with - Tavares or Horvat?

Hardly karma IMO. As it stands, Long Island's future is brighter.

Archived