The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As long as you profile for me the long and illustrious career of Sean Couturier or Ted Lindsay's father. I'll save you the time. Neither had any sort of elongated stint in the NHL. But go ahead, keep telling yourself that William Nylander won't amount to much because of his father.

Okay. William Nylander won't amount to much because he looks like a girl and because of his father.

Perlini or Ritchie look good and likely to me. They would fit the Bruins roster nicely (ala new prez). Big, strong boys with above average skills and a good bet to provide offence. Seems perfect fit to me, either one. And if Canucks drop to 7 in the lottery, then even better, they pick the one the #6 team picks (no pressure) cause I don't see either one going any lower. Guys like Kassian can only get better when they have other guys like himself on the team.

And if we win the lottery, then Ekblad!! Never had a top dog on D.

Otherwise MDC or the german, take either one if thats how it works out.

I've read quite a few times that Carolina really likes Kapanen. So probably won't go past the 7th pick.

I really want Kapanen!

It surprises me how everyone has only been talking about Nylander when Kapanen has been ranked ahead of him on the European skaters list. He's already 6'0 180 lbs at 17 years of age. He has great character and loves to win. He has speed, hands, vision, finish, playmaking ability, grit and he's responsible defensively. His game looks to be one of the most rounded out of all the players in this draft.

There is a reason why he is rated ahead of Nylander and I am so surprised that so many people fail to see it. One simply shall not underrate Kapanen.

Okay. William Nylander won't amount to much because he looks like a girl and because of his father.

Thats some great logic.

He is Trollllling lol!

I really want Kapanen!

It surprises me how everyone has only been talking about Nylander when Kapanen has been ranked ahead of him on the European skaters list. He's already 6'0 180 lbs at 17, and has a well rounded offensive and defensive game. He has great character and loves to win. He has speed, hands, vision, finish, playmaking ability, grit and he's responsible defensively.

There is a reason why he is rated ahead of Nylander and I am so surprised that so many people fail to see it. One simply shall not underrate Kapanen.

You should make a boromir meme ! for kapanen

I dont know enough about them sadly!

I am not getting my hopes up. That way I won't be disappointed, only surprised if we win lotto.

Me too! But one cant help feel excited at the hoppppe!

I don't understand, what are yo trying to say?

You were saying players who score 100 pts in q and where they were drafted, he bold anthony mantha drafted 20th, but you may not understand because ur point was 100pt players and mantha was under 90 I believe, but scored 50 goals, and he may think he did score 100+pts.

Almost no one. Everyone has a question mark.

Reinhart has the ability but he needs to get stronger.

Ekblad can physically. He's better off refining the defensive side of the game and learning to expand his offence as a star in the league.

Draistaitl has the physical and skills package to translate right away but he's till raw defensively.

Ritchie has the body and shot but needs more consistency.

Bennett probably has the most complete game of the bunch.

Ultimately, this year, almost all of these guys should be a year away and spend a year dominating junior. There is little benefit to rush a player into the NHL. It's being done too often IMHO. You should only leave junior/Europe when you have nothing left to learn, or have graduated in age, and there isn't a player that solidly fits that description this year.

I think Reinhart would be unwise, just joke I think RNH was brought up too soon

Ekblad, could be, but shouldnt

Draisaitl, could be, but shouldnt

Ritchie, could be, but shouldnt

Bennet, could be, but shouldnt, needs to grow and get strogner in order to play his game with men

I agree with your post, these are all the most likley most NHL ready guys in top ten and all of them should be back in Jr next year.

We are on the same page Herberts.

I don't understand why Kapanen is being looked passed either, he has high end offensive skill like Nylander, it might not be the same raw tools as far as hands, but his hands are still very good, his game is more complete, he's really smart, a better two-way player, he's great on the PP, and I would argue has a better shot. He's got the willingness to battle unlike Nylander.

I honestly see Nylander as Hemsky, if everything comes together & he hits his potential maybe Claude Giroux/David Krejci type player, but he seems risky, and I just don't think its likely he gets there, and I say he ends up like Hemsky with a really high skill level, some great years, but ultimately the holes in his game hold back his homerun potential.

With Kapanen I see a Patrick Sharp type player honestly, styles wise thats who he looks like to me. Maybe not the exact same skills, not quite the defensive player, maybe a bit better as far as playmaking/creativity/PP ability, but stylewise atleast I see them as same, and he could become a similar player. (either him or Semin) And thats a great player.

I really want Kapanen!

It surprises me how everyone has only been talking about Nylander when Kapanen has been ranked ahead of him on the European skaters list. He's already 6'0 180 lbs at 17 years of age. He has great character and loves to win. He has speed, hands, vision, finish, playmaking ability, grit and he's responsible defensively. His game looks to be one of the most rounded out of all the players in this draft.

I think it's hard to discuss him because information about him is scarce and there are practically no videos to see how he plays.

I'm feelin a Vancouver #1 overall tomorrow, I'm not a guru but it would only be right for the hockey gods to treat us to the 1st overall after this disastrous season.

I have that optimistic feeling too. My buddy is an Oilers fan if we won the lottery and grabbed Ekblad I'd never live him down haha.

I have the hibbie jibbies too

We should all be sending positive vibes to the lotttttto, I have a crazy feeling like we will too! As long as Toronto doesnt win it though! Or my remote will fly through my tv or this.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc

Nylander maybe Backstrom without the roids, or filip forsberg.

:lol:

I think it's hard to discuss him because information about him is scarce and there are practically no videos to see how he plays.

Exactly how I feel, so maybe our scouts who actually are paid to watch him, will see what we do not, maybe he is BPA avaible and we just dont even know!

You were saying players who score 100 pts in q and where they were drafted, he bold anthony mantha drafted 20th, but you may not understand because ur point was 100pt players and mantha was under 90 I believe, but scored 50 goals, and he may think he did score 100+pts.

oh okay, thanks.

Archived