The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs U.S.A., semifinals

goalie13

Trade the Sedins?

Fire AV?

Shoulda drafted Benn?

CDC, you're so predictable.

The US just got shut down by the best team in the world. That's no knock on them. US hockey has come along way in 20 years and they'll be even more dangerous next time. There are a bevy of good young Americans coming down the pipeline.

Canada skating circles around the U.S.

This pretty much suns it up! :)

This is what us Muricans get for leaving off people like Johnson and Ryan for people like Orpik and Brown

Yes, but Giroux would have looked pretty good for us also... Toews handled the defensive side, but no one, not even Crosby has been able to break out offensively at center. Especially after Tavares went down; secondary scoring anyone?

At least bronze kinda looks like gold, eh?

:bigblush:

Just some good natured ribbing.

I'm cheering for Finland! ::D

Boring game - didn't have the excitment of the matchup of 4 years ago when it was on Canadian ice and for the gold. I thought the USA women's defeat yesterday was a more difficult loss given how it was the final game and they blew a 2 goal lead with 4 min to go. But today wasn't even the final game and it was just a pitcher's dual. Time to get back to the NHL.

In short, Canada outplayed USA everywhere but in net. Great puck support, good forecheck, and quick transition game created more scoring chances for Canada compared to U.S.

Canada has the best team in the tournament. The Americans had the best defensive forwards and best goalie. I really thought they would open it up and make it a test between goaltenders.

Canada did a good job of boxing out the Americans . Price was solid when he needed to be.

Guest Gumballthechewy

No worries. I'll be rooting for Canada in the gold medal game of course.

You are such a great sport I feel a little bad America lost! :P

BC boys with the GWG and SO, extra juicy.

Yes. Price deserves big kudos. Those bs US powerplays were by far their best opportunities, and Price slammed the door on their most dangerous chance (deflection that he was all over).

The Canadian forwards deserve to be recognized as well - 12 of the top 20 NHL scorers are Canadians (4 of them couldn't even make this club) but perhaps more importantly, team Canada has some world class two way forwards like Bergeron, Toews and Marleau.

The US just got shut down by the best team in the world. That's no knock on them. US hockey has come along way in 20 years and they'll be even more dangerous next time. There are a bevy of good young Americans coming down the pipeline.

Any favorites to watch for?

In short, Canada outplayed USA everywhere but in net. Great puck support, good forecheck, and quick transition game created more scoring chances for Canada compared to U.S.

Quick only looked better cuz he was able to be showcased more with most of the play in the US zone. Price was positionally sound in all the chances the US had. Both goalies played fantastic, and it was an even matchup.

I usually agree with what you say, but Price won and got the Shutout. I would say he out played Quick.

I don't even know where to begin with this statement. I think its fairly well established that Canada had the better quality and quantity of chances. I think it's more likely that you are trolling.

The dif with Canada and other countries when it comes to hockey...

how many millions of Canadians are getting up in the middle of the night to watch that gold medal game?

Getting up for it? I'm not going to be able to sleep at all

Archived