The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CANADA VS SWEDEN GOLD MEDAL GAME

goalie13

Gold is nice, I guess, but Luongo would have won Canada a Platinum medal.

ANNND brought home the bacon, fried it up in a pan.

Why are people being negative? Don't rain on our golden parade. Honestly...don't diminish the moment...Lu and Hammy are part of the gold medal team. There's great pride in that, so why make it something negative?

Guest Gumballthechewy

My only gripe is that Canada won against a depleted Swedish squad.

No Henrik Sedin, no Henrik Zetterberg, no Nicklas Backstrom and no Patrick Berglund.... no centres and no gold.

I know, right? I'll take the gold but it doesn't feel as good.

Actually. The Americans managed 31 shots on Price. They only needed to get 1 past him and it could have been a different outcome. He slammed the door shut. The defence was out if the world but Price came up huge when needed

Yes, he played solid. But like Canada's did to teams he was rarely under siege, defense did well letting him see the puck, and clear rebounds. Made some key saves late, Americans just had their shots and were out. Complete effort by goaltending, and defense.

but all those shots were from outside i believe?

Seriously, Price was amazing through the entire medal round. No goals against in almost 3 complete games. No, the US had some solid chances and he slammed the door shut. There were a couple of nice chances for Sweden today, too, and he was perfectly positioned to make the save every time. No one had a net to shoot at.

Archived