The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

John Boruk@JohnBorukCSN 18m

So by @TSNBobMcKenzie criteria Flyers would have to give up B.Schenn, Laughton or Morin and a first for Kesler. #laughable

^ From Flyers beat guy. Who cares what he thinks, more about what the cost is.

It should be Coots over Schenn. Coots >>>> Schenn. easily.

Jim Matheson@NHLbyMatty 38m

philly does have assets to get kesler and they did give him offer sheet in bobby clarke regime. Couturier or Schenn and def. Samuel Morin?

Edit:

Aaron Portzline@Aportzline 2h

Puck-rakers: Two days from #NHL trade deadline, a look at the many directions the #CBJ could go http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2014/03/a-murky-read.html …

THE REMEDY: It's remarkable how quickly Vancouver has come undone, and some lean years would appear in the offing. Ryan Kesler wants out, and the Blue Jackets are most certainly interested.

Could Ryan Kesler and R.J. Umberger learn to co-exist? That's a dicey one. These guys were long-ago friends, who had a major falling out somewhere between Ohio State and Vancouver, which drafted both players. Umberger held out one year in a contract dispute with the Canucks. Kesler, drafted a year later, accepted such a contract instead of staying in lockstep with his college and NHLPA friend Umberger. The two have no sugar for each other. They've fought. Umberger swears the fighting is over and done, but Kesler just kind of grumbled a few years back when I asked him where it stood. The NHL is filled with stories of guys who have buried the hatchet. This one wouldn't be easy. But I also don't think Kekalainen would avoid a Kesler trade to keep one player in his room happy.

John Boruk ‏@JohnBorukCSN 18m

Jim Matheson ‏@NHLbyMatty 38m

Yeah, laughable, my a$$!!! Everybody is lowballing. Kesler is QUALITY!!! We don't want to give him up! So if we are gonna give him up, we want the player or players you don't want to give up. It's that simple!!!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-Jaeckel/Rumors-Heating-Up/128/58380

KESLER

Solid source out of Canada told me this morning the Hawks made an offer for Ryan Kesler yesterday, including (possibly) Bryan Bickell, Nick Leddy, and Mark McNeill. The source tells me that (for obvious reasons) it is unlikely the Canucks will deal Kesler to Chicago

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-Jaeckel/Rumors-Heating-Up/128/58380

KESLER

Solid source out of Canada told me this morning the Hawks made an offer for Ryan Kesler yesterday, including (possibly) Bryan Bickell, Nick Leddy, and Mark McNeill. The source tells me that (for obvious reasons) it is unlikely the Canucks will deal Kesler to Chicago

Garbage.

talk about an insult

Kesler

for

Sutter

Pouliot

1st

3rd

2nd 2015 if pitts wins east. 1st 2015 if they win cup

---------------------------

Edler

Sutter

for

Schenn

Meszaros

Those deals should give us decent amount of cap space to acquire a top 6 RW and 3rd line C

We can use Picks+Prospects, Jason Garrison and Jordan Schroeder

Kesler

for

Sutter

Pouliot

1st

3rd

2nd 2015 if pitts wins east. 1st 2015 if they win cup

---------------------------

Edler

Sutter

for

Schenn

Meszaros

Those deals should give us decent amount of cap space to acquire a top 6 RW and 3rd line C

We can use Picks+Prospects, Jason Garrison and Jordan Schroeder

An eventual return of B Schenn, Mezaros, Pouliot, 2 1sts and a 3rd for Kesler, and Edler would be pretty good imo.

Mez is a shot blocking machine, B Schenn projects to be our Hank replacement down the road, and Pouliot is a can't miss prospect. Add to that 2 late firsts which end up more or less being 2nd round picks which could be used for help elsewhere to potentially move up.

All in all I would be okay with that return.

HOLY BATMAN!? no way dude, really? thats nutz man.. whats your source's name? U obviously can't say it to protect his identity id assume tho right?.. your so lucky to be the one chosen to pass down that crazy information to us.. thanks bro.. I wonder if Toews is part of the package too? We'd probably have to add a 3rd to even it out though probably right?

You know what actually, i totally forgot to post this a couple days ago but a credible source of mine (cant reveal his identity either for security reasons), told me Canucks are closing in on deals with San Jose and Toronto for Adam Burish and Dave Bolland.. Exciting times ahead bud!! Can't wait to hear what other classified information he leaked out in your guys' conversation

http://www.hockeybuz...ng-Up/128/58380

KESLER

An eventual return of B Schenn, Mezaros, Pouliot, 2 1sts and a 3rd for Kesler, and Edler would be pretty good imo.

Mez is a shot blocking machine, B Schenn projects to be our Hank replacement down the road, and Pouliot is a can't miss prospect. Add to that 2 late firsts which end up more or less being 2nd round picks which could be used for help elsewhere to potentially move up.

All in all I would be okay with that return.

So I take it you assume the Pens will actually beat us in the finals? Nah bro have some faith.. 4-0 sweep.. We'll end up with a 2nd, not two 1sts

HOLY BATMAN!? no way dude, really? thats nutz man.. whats your source's name? U obviously can't say it to protect his identity id assume tho right?.. your so lucky to be the one chosen to pass down that crazy information to us.. thanks bro.. I wonder if Toews is part of the package too? We'd probably have to add a 3rd to even it out though probably right?

You know what actually, i totally forgot to post this a couple days ago but a credible source of mine (cant reveal his identity either for security reasons), told me Canucks are closing in on deals with San Jose and Toronto for Adam Burish and Dave Bolland.. Exciting times ahead bud!! Can't wait to hear what other classified information he leaked out in your guys' conversation

There's rules against posting this kind of crap.

Post your source or don't post it at all. Seriously, Eklund has more credibility than this kind of nonsense

Seems to me like everyone either says no to the Schenn proposals, or changes the subject and talks about Couturier

Am I the only one who thinks Schenn is going to be a very high scoring 1st line player??? I'd love to get Schenn+prospect+1st.. Especially if we can squeeze Morin/Hagg/Leieir as one of the prospects

doubt philly offers more than schenn adn 2015 1st, if they did, i would probably take it. Schenn could turn out to be a very good 2nd liner. He is an rfa so we can control his contract for a bit, he is putting up solid numbers. the first is in a so called deep draft.

schenn is 6yrs younger, has some grit to his game and hasnt peaked. Kesler is a great player but a return like this is something i would consider more than sutter despres and a 1st this year, but thats me.

I think schenn gets undervalued at times. We free up some cap room, while maintaining a decent 2nd line replacement.

I much rather get 1, somewhat proven player in schenn who has upside and a pick than getting 3 pieces with 2 of them being of lesser value.

Edler doesnt get us schenn i dont think. But id do that deal edler for schenn straight up. Philly could probly afford doing it with giroux,vinny,couts and laughton and cousins coming

John Boruk@JohnBorukCSN 18m

Depends on what the team wants. In the long run Schenn will likely have more value to his name though.

Couturier is a possible future Selke winner but his offense will likely max out as a suitable 2C.

Schenn on the other hand could be a PPG player. He has a well rounded set off offensive skills. Very good skater and awareness with the ability to score and set up. He also isn't a liability defensively and is far more physical than Couturier. In fact only Luke Schenn and Zac Rinaldo have more hits than him on that team. For reference he has 146 hits this year, the highest Canuck is Bieska at 107.

If you are thinking long term without the Sedins then Schenn would probably be a nice 1C fit with Horvat as 2C and Gaunce as 3C

It was Sarcasm you moron.. try reading the post I replied to first

With all due respect I open a page and this is the first thing that pops up after dozens of the same quoting "sources" it's going to get called out.

Also, don't be so insulting. I wasn't insulting you, no need to start calling people morons.

Depends on what the team wants. In the long run Schenn will likely have more value to his name though.

Couturier is a possible future Selke winner but his offense will likely max out as a suitable 2C.

Schenn on the other hand could be a PPG player. He has a well rounded set off offensive skills. Very good skater and awareness with the ability to score and set up. He also isn't a liability defensively and is far more physical than Couturier. In fact only Luke Schenn and Zac Rinaldo have more hits than him on that team. For reference he has 146 hits this year, the highest Canuck is Bieska at 107.

If you are thinking long term without the Sedins then Schenn would probably be a nice 1C fit with Horvat as 2C and Gaunce as 3C

Totally agree. we will need that potential PPG center for when the twins are done. And B Schenn translates into him. he HAS to be a starting point with a Kesler trade. Or hopefully an edler trade.

I truly believe this year isnt an indication of the Sedins slowing down, just a bad year because they cant get a 3rd guy going on their line. But, we gotta assume the Sedins will in fact start slowing down for real in the next few years, so imo having 3 2nd/3rd line centre's in Hank Horvat and Couturier/Sutter wont work out so well in terms of offensive production, just some more 1-0 and 2-1 games.. therefore acquiring Schenn instead makes more sense to me (assuming he grows into the top line centre that I think he definitely can be). Other teams shutdown pairing will have to mark Schenn's line, allowing the Sedins to be the highest scoring 2nd line in hockey until they retire hopefully. That domino effect will then lessen the pressure on Horvat to produce big numbers.. Allowing a skilled shutdown centre like him to focus on his checking line dutires.. its especially nice if they could match the production of the opponents top line, just like Kesler and Burrows used to do

Crosby Malkin Staal is a perfect example.. other teams like SJ, LA, CHI, BOS have that same luxury of getting production from 3-4 lines every night, not just 1 or 2

Archived