The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] via the Score: Penguins made a trade offer for Kesler...

I had been wishing for Drouin since the Kesler rumour first broke... Tampa do this trade and they are Cup contender immediately (with Stamkos healthy).

Drouin, Connolly, a 2nd 2015 for Kesler, Schroeder?

Horvat, Drouin, Connolly, Shinkaruk, Kassian, Jensen...

Future would be bright.

Exactly. And if Friedman AND Rossi said it...where there's smoke, there's fire. Plus, Chicago is a contender. Kes would have less pressure considering Toews can handle any defensive situation.

Saad + for Kesler.

I would believe Freidman over Rossi. Ive actually slowly been watching Freidman for several years since he cut his teeth with The Score. This guy eats and sleeps his job. Digs his research, perfecting his mic time. Now he is on CBC Hotstoves and a key guy for HNIC. He hasnt struck me as a balloon knot fabricating stories for his own personal gain. I tend to believe what that man has to say.

Rossi on the other hand....I really dont know him from Adam, bt maybe he is a clone of Botch? He IS close enough to the team so therefore I feel I should sift thru what he reports.

In one of his articles he has stated this...

"The Penguins have offered center Brandon Sutter, a pick of defensive prospects Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin, and their 2014 first- and third-round picks — and Shero is willing to up that ante, the sources said.Shero often lands his target at this time of the NHL season. Most often, he has done it without giving up a whole lot, too."

Future would be bright.

Burning! Drouin is true potential 1C, we need that now as Hank is getting older. I'll forgo the 2nd rounder for Drouin and Connolly. Though I would also keep Schroeder as we can kinda use him still.

Chicago is the dark horse for Kesler. They have fantastic wingers, but they still need a legitimate 2C behind Toews or they're not getting past LA or San Jose in a 7 game series. Toews can't be expected to play top offensive and defensive minutes and Scotty Bowman knows this.

I would believe Freidman over Rossi. Ive actually slowly been watching Freidman for several years since he cut his teeth with The Score. This guy eats and sleeps his job. Digs his research, perfecting his mic time. Now he is on CBC Hotstoves and a key guy for HNIC. He hasnt struck me as a balloon knot fabricating stories for his own personal gain. I tend to believe what that man has to say.

Rossi on the other hand....I really dont know him from Adam, bt maybe he is a clone of Botch? He IS close enough to the team so therefore I feel I should sift thru what he reports.

In one of his articles he has stated this...

"The Penguins have offered center Brandon Sutter, a pick of defensive prospects Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin, and their 2014 first- and third-round picks — and Shero is willing to up that ante, the sources said.Shero often lands his target at this time of the NHL season. Most often, he has done it without giving up a whole lot, too."

That should wanna make MG push Shero to give us more.

If Shero caves and offers Pouliot along with Sutter,1st and 3rd....Gillis should take it.

Not to sound like Im tootin Sutters horn but in ways he reminds me of Malhotra in ways and thats something this team has missed the most after SCF year.

Getting a guy who can step into the 3rd line, shut down opposition and take key faceoffs along with a top flight defence prospect along with 2 picks... Im satisfied.

If Shero caves and offers Pouliot along with Sutter,1st and 3rd....Gillis should take it.

Not to sound like Im tootin Sutters horn but in ways he reminds me of Malhotra in ways and thats something this team has missed the most after SCF year.

Getting a guy who can step into the 3rd line, shut down opposition and take key faceoffs along with a top flight defence prospect along with 2 picks... Im satisfied.

Unfortunately a good third liner is not gonna replace Kesler.

We nee a young center 20-25 who has the potential to be a 1st liner some day.

We do need that, but I don't think any team will give up that kind of talent for Kesler

Rossi and Friedman have both mentioned Chicago who could surely use a 2nd C.

Yea, they may be interested but the Canucks wouldn't likely wanna deal with them.

No point making Chicago even stronger if we plan on being a contender again at some point.

ya but here is the shifty picture....

we gain a future PPQB along with a shutdown center along with a potential decent 1st rounder....I truely believe there are a few decent players sitting at picks 26-30. Might not steo in right away but will be players none the less.

what if Edler is traded for Kadri? How old is he?

he won't replace him, no, but we need a consistent, good 3rd line center as well

i'm still hoping we throw the bank at O'Reily in the summer to make up for Kesler's absence, if he goes

he won't replace him, no, but we need a consistent, good 3rd line center as well

i'm still hoping we throw the bank at O'Reily in the summer to make up for Kesler's absence, if he goes

We have enough good third liners coming up in the system in Horvat, Gaunce, and possibly Lain.

What we don't have in the system is that high end offensive center.

If we don't get that as part of a package, we're gonna have a major hole going forward. Unless we can get one in an Edler trade.

Future would be bright.

I would even add our 3rd 4th and 5th round picks to facilitate that deal or add a minor prospect

Kuzma wrote that you can count Columbus out of the picture as Kes has apparently refused to go there. Besides I cant see Davidson disrupting the chemistry and distracting the dressing room with the Kesler-Umberger tensions.

Kuz writes that the Flyers management is mostly in place from when they sent Kes that offer sheet a few years back. Kuz lists usual suspects, Couts or Schenn as who Gillis wants in return.

Alot of players such as Parise and Im also hearing Boston media types still praising Kesler alot. Hopefully that helps us for the returns

Archived