The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] via the Score: Penguins made a trade offer for Kesler...

When I look at the Penguins noteworthy trades I feel they have ripped off everyone.

They ether give up very little and get mass production from the player they get.

They give up a player and get a large return then that player starts to suck.

They give up what looks like a good package but then they all turn out to be busts.

That sounds like an interesting story, but here's the Penguins trade history.

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_team/Pittsburgh_Penguins/1

Maybe you could let us know which ones fall in those categories.

Aside from the Neal deal years ago, who have they ripped off?

If the Staal deal was as successful as suggested, why are they now seeking to essentially revisit it?

Was a pair of 2nds to rent a pylon a rip off?

Don't quite see the overall case here.

And the reason that we traded Grabner was? to keep Raymond? And where is Raymond now? Idiotic decision to even trade Grabner, 1st round pick and Bernier for the almighty Ballard who didn't do anything while he was here. All of those bad trades are starting to accumulate into the results we are seeing today. Now what would this team look like if we still had Ehrhoff, Salo, Grabner, Torres etc. We wouldn't have traded for Booth, we wouldn't have gotten Garrison and we would score more than 1 goal a game. Our team should've been in the same place as the Boston Bruins after 2011 but look how these two teams look after only a couple of years. One will win the division and might make the final again while the other will probably miss the playoffs. They made poor decision in deciding who to keep and who to let go and who to get. We had a bright future and would've still been competitive if we had Grabner, Hodgson, Torres, Schneider, Ehrhoff and Salo.

not to mention the stupid overpaid package paid to Florida for Ballard....RIGHT AFTER HE HAD HIP SURGURY!!! Ya we got big Vic but he was another enigma "who wasnt sure if he wanted to be a hockey player anymore".

Getting Samuelsson was a great move bit you had to slap his ego or have Team Sweden call him up and yell him he sucks just to get him to play with heart.

THEN we go and get Marco freakin Spurm..err I meant Sturm.

Only a few months left in the season and both Samuelsson and Sturms contracts were off the books....but no... Go out and get Booth and his wonky head and the rest of his ailments.

Chipped Ice Blog

Rossi: Pens see Flyers, Blackhawks as top Kesler competition.March 3, 2014GM Ray Shero has ownership back to go all-in for Vancouver's Ryan Kesler. Penguins also closely watching Devils.

I really don't see us dealing with the Blackhawks.

I see it as a two horse race with Philly and Pittsburgh. With New York possibly being the dark horse.

Sounds like Pittsburgh is pretty serious though. Gillis better be playing poker right now because he needs to do everything he can to hit a homerun.

I really don't see us dealing with the Blackhawks.

I see it as a two horse race with Philly and Pittsburgh. With New York possibly being the dark horse.

Sounds like Pittsburgh is pretty serious though. Gillis better be playing poker right now because he needs to do everything he can to hit a homerun.

Rossi and Friedman have both mentioned Chicago who could surely use a 2nd C.

Guest Dasein

Rossi and Friedman have both mentioned Chicago who could surely use a 2nd C.

Yup. Chicago isn't going anywhere in the playoffs with Handzus being their best center after Toews...

They badly miss Bolland, and will need a #2 center if they want to make it out of the West to begin with.

Guest Dasein

Drouin, maybe. Connolly. 1st 2015.

^ Not necessarily together... haha.

Right. I forgot they had Drouin. Hard to see them parting with Drouin though when he seems to be the successor of Marty St. Louis. Connolly could be easily had but he's not legitimate enough to be the main piece in a Kesler trade.

It would have to be Drouin. I don't see them parting with Hedman.

Yup. Chicago isn't going anywhere in the playoffs with Handzus being their best center after Toews...

They badly miss Bolland, and will need a #2 center if they want to make it out of the West to begin with.

Exactly. And if Friedman AND Rossi said it...where there's smoke, there's fire. Plus, Chicago is a contender. Kes would have less pressure considering Toews can handle any defensive situation.

Saad + for Kesler.

Yeah, and he history playing with Kane is a plus too.

A Saad/Shaw, Hartman, 1st would be a good deal for VAN, but CHI doesn't have the cap space for Kesler

Guest Dasein

Exactly. And if Friedman AND Rossi said it...where there's smoke, there's fire. Plus, Chicago is a contender. Kes would have less pressure considering Toews can handle any defensive situation.

Saad + for Kesler.

If Chicago is willing to part with enough, this could work.

With Kesler, it's just not fair. Chicago is all but guaranteed a repeat.

I would push HARD if I was CHI if Kesler could be had without parting with Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith or Seabrook. I would think that a trade with CHI would begin with Sharp though, and in that case, it will be straight up or we may have to add. I think CHI could afford to trade Sharp for Kesler because Kesler is a center that can play behind Toews, and they already have Hossa, Kane and Saad on the wing even without Sharp.

Kesler addresses their most significant need and they have enough depth to absorb Sharp's absence on their wing.

Drouin, maybe. Connolly. 1st 2015.

^ Not necessarily together... haha.

I had been wishing for Drouin since the Kesler rumour first broke... Tampa do this trade and they are Cup contender immediately (with Stamkos healthy).

If Chicago is willing to part with enough, this could work.

With Kesler, it's just not fair. Chicago is all but guaranteed a repeat.

I would push HARD if I was CHI if Kesler could be had without parting with Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith or Seabrook. I would think that a trade with CHI would begin with Sharp though, and in that case, it will be straight up or we may have to add. I think CHI could afford to trade Sharp for Kesler because Kesler is a center that can play behind Toews, and they already have Hossa, Kane and Saad on the wing even without Sharp.

Sharp would be great, but I wonder if going for youth is a better move for the Canucks at this point. Not saying it is, but with a solid young player and another 1st in 2015 the Canucks future would be looking bright again quickly.

Guest Dasein

Sharp would be great, but I wonder if going for youth is a better move for the Canucks at this point. Not saying it is, but with a solid young player and another 1st in 2015 the Canucks future would be looking bright again quickly.

True Sharp is older than the names being thrown out there.

Better than Sutter though LOL.

If PIT doesn't up and Sharp is available, I'd do Sharp over PIT's package.

Archived