The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] via the Score: Penguins made a trade offer for Kesler...

Any deal with Pittsburgh that doesn't include Olli Määttä is not even worth considering. I'd rather have Scott Laughton & Philadelphia's earlier 1st round draft pick then whatever crap Pittsburgh has been offering us. Pittsburgh giving us draft pinks is just protocol for a player of Kesler's value they have no merit as they will be the 2nd last or last pick in their respective rounds. Philadelphia would have to give up one of Brayden Schenn, Sean Couturier or Wayne Simmonds so they can take on Ryan Kesler's contract along with one of their top prospects (Scott Laughton, Samuel Morin or Robert Hagg) and their 1st round draft pick. That's a whole lot better then what Pittsburgh is offering even if you take the worst players from the Flyers deal. (Simmonds + Morin + 1st Round Draft Pick)

Here's what I posted in the other thread. I think it's fair value from Pittsburgh, if that's who the frontrunner is.

To PITT- Kesler

To VAN- Sutter, Maatta, 1st+2nd

No more, no less. Only thing changed from the suspected offer is Maatta instead of Dumoulin.

This gives us a bluechip stud on the blue line + 2 prospects (let's not forget where Kesler was drafted) and a solid, young 3rd line centre who can form a 1-2 punch in the bottom 6 or we can FLIP Sutter in a package with Edler to acquire another bluechipper and 1st rounder

Here's what I posted in the other thread. I think it's fair value from Pittsburgh, if that's who the frontrunner is.

To PITT- Kesler

No more, no less. Only thing changed from the suspected offer is Maatta instead of Dumoulin.

This gives us a bluechip stud on the blue line + 2 prospects (let's not forget where Kesler was drafted) and a solid, young 3rd line centre who can form a 1-2 punch in the bottom 6 or we can FLIP Sutter in a package with Edler to acquire another bluechipper and 1st rounder

Yeah, fairly accurate I think, although if Maatta is involved, the 2nd pick in your proposal is probably a 4th or maybe even nothing.

To PITT- Kesler

I think Mg would have to throw in a decent prospect on that one.

The Pens board wants the Canucks to throw in Higgins or Edler with Kesler for Sutter, Dupres, and two picks, at least that's one of the proposals. They're delusional.

If it were Chicago and it were Teravinen and Saad and the next two years of 1st rounders, I would add Higgins. Or maybe another prospect added on their side and make the 2015th 1st added if they win the cup.

I would do Sutter and Pouliot for Kesler if we could get Simmonds and Schenn for Edler.

Sedin's - Simmonds

Higgins - Schenn - Burrows

Booth - Sutter - Kassian

Sestito - Richardson - Hansen

Next year have 2 or 3 of the following players in the line up full time

-Gaunce

-Horvat

-Jensen

-Shinkaruk

I'd also consider trading Hansen, need to free up a roster spot.

No way Philly gives us Simmonds and Shenn for Edler we won't even get one unless we add

If Gillis trades his best tradable asset for Sutter + a late first round pick in a weak draft + a 5th or 6th dman (he already has plenty) not only should he be fired, he should be shipped out of the province.

I agree 110%

Canucks might be underpaying but how about this trade

Pouliout Bennett Sutter and Harrington for Kesler,Hansen and Shroeder

Then Edler and a 2nd to NYI for Okposo

Next year our lineup

Sedins Kassian

Bennet Horvat. Okposo

Burrows. Sutter. Higgins

Sesito. Gaunce. Richardson

Hamhuis Bieksa

Pouliout Tanev

Garrison Harrington

Stanton Corrado

To PITT- Kesler

We don't need any more 3rd line centers. We already have Horvat, Gaunce, Shroeder, Santorelli and Richardson as possible 3rd line centers. What we need is a young center that can potentially become a #1 center. Is B. Sutter gonna ever be more than a 3rd line center? Nope.

Am talking about centers like Bjugstad, Hubeardeu, Teuvo Teravainen...etc.

If Gillis is trading Kesler, he better damn sure get top value for him that can be our future franchise player or his ass will be fired. There is no excuse why Kesler with 2 years left on his contract at a great low salary of 5 mil/yr not be able to bring a surefire future NHL star.

Canucks might be underpaying but how about this trade

Pouliout Bennett Sutter and Harrington for Kesler,Hansen and Shroeder

Then Edler and a 2nd to NYI for Okposo

Next year our lineup

Sedins Kassian

Bennet Horvat. Okposo

Burrows. Sutter. Higgins

Sesito. Gaunce. Richardson

Hamhuis Bieksa

Pouliout Tanev

Garrison Harrington

Stanton Corrado

Its not that bad but I'd rather try and get a top prospect that is a notch or two higher than those players. Am talking about Hubeardeu, Bjugstad, Teravainen etc. I especially love to get a 6'6 215 lbs Bjugstad who is an American player and a future NHL star in this league.

Cody wanted out. period. Kassian can be a dominant PF in the league. Grabner was waived by Florida and unclaimed by how many teams. I think he knew the islanders were his last kick at the can.

And the reason that we traded Grabner was? to keep Raymond? And where is Raymond now? Idiotic decision to even trade Grabner, 1st round pick and Bernier for the almighty Ballard who didn't do anything while he was here. All of those bad trades are starting to accumulate into the results we are seeing today. Now what would this team look like if we still had Ehrhoff, Salo, Grabner, Torres etc. We wouldn't have traded for Booth, we wouldn't have gotten Garrison and we would score more than 1 goal a game. Our team should've been in the same place as the Boston Bruins after 2011 but look how these two teams look after only a couple of years. One will win the division and might make the final again while the other will probably miss the playoffs. They made poor decision in deciding who to keep and who to let go and who to get. We had a bright future and would've still been competitive if we had Grabner, Hodgson, Torres, Schneider, Ehrhoff and Salo.

Penguins 1st pick is as a good as an early 2nd round pick... no thanks.

Not near enough so keep unhappy Kesler to be buds with unhappy Lu.

Kesler for Bjugstad. An American center for another young American center. This seems fair.

Bjugstad already has 14 goals for anyone who is interested to know about his season so far this year.

I really think Kesler wants to be the top line C in pits he's #3,, he would prefer Philly I would think.

Playing with wingers hartnell giroux voracek etc

Havin lecav behind him

I think he fits in the Philly system quite well, and he is a player they like are find of and could want to get more knowing pits is bidding.

Couturier as the centre piece I could really see this happening.

The pits trade doesn't look to me like a far trade for us is even a possibility Shero is trying to get Kesler for free..

Wouldn't call that interesting. I would call that another attempt to knock down Kesler's value. "Kesler is worse than Staal offensively and defensively." Nope! Second best penalty killer in the league and his "cushy" time with good line mates and tons of powerplay time. Couldn't be more wrong.

Wouldn't call that interesting. I would call that another attempt to knock down Kesler's value. "Kesler is worse than Staal offensively and defensively." Nope! Second best penalty killer in the league and his "cushy" time with good line mates and tons of powerplay time. Couldn't be more wrong.

Archived