The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] MIN - 2/28/14 - 7:00PM

Strombone1

dont make excuses for Lu not playing like "jet lag" Miller played tuesday stopped 36 of 38 for a buff win.

1. Buffalo needs to showcase Miller with the upcoming TD

2. Their backup, Jonas Enroth, was also returning from Sochi.

3. Nobody is making excuses for Lu, they are explaining the rationale behind Torts' decision. A rationale that seems pretty solid.

Gillis tried to trade him for a year and couldn't do it.

And then he traded Schneider... and then he only had one starting goaltending...

so uh reading between the lines might tell you that yes, there was a significant period of time in which Luongo was not on the block? And now he has a really solid back up that might be able to take the reigns but does Mike Gillis believe he can?... well no amount of reading in between the lines is going to tell you that.

A back up goalie can't start in Vancouver without people thinking it's a goalie controversy.

I could see Arturs Irbe coming to Vancouver on vacation with his family and being the only option for an emergency call up, and people would still think there's a controversy.

Irbe is then traded for Gillis' golabki dinner from Riga, Latvia, and CDC would rage and demand for Vigneault to be fired.

huge game for us tonight

i have no beef with the lackness monster getting the start. People really need to calm down with all the extra effort to make a goalie controversy out of nothing, why can't both guys give us a chance to win each night? We need the points and lack is on fire, let the team build some momentum before bringing out the pitchforks and torches and demanding sacrifices to appease the hockey gods. Just get through the night without any more injuries pls

IMHO all this kessler trade talk is derren dregger doing nonis dirty work again

i'm guessing the top line has a big game, burr gets his first. he played 100x better against stl without the jaw shield on. 3-1 canucks. eddie "no longer the backup" lack stands tall and CDC has a collective aneurysm. and then immediately forgets this round of goalie controversy when lu starts the heritage classic.

People have called it numerous times already for many different games, but I say tonight's the night where Burr scores his first.

He had a pretty good game against the Blues.

Yes, he did, in fact the whole line played a pretty good game, they looked like they were starting to get back into sync. The building will erupt when Burr scores, as will I.

Glad to have Kes and Tanev back in. We finally have a pretty solid looking NHL line up.

Diaz has played pretty well but I think he's out if our top 6 D are all good to go.

I'm hoping Lain stays in, which leaves Dalpe out.

Canucks will find their offense tonight: 4 - 1 Canucks.

Burr with the winner.

The Olympics proved it. Luongo is just a backup now. Get used to it.

The Olympics proved it.... really? Backup on the greatest hockey team on earth... I'll take it. Other impressive goalies not named Luongo they could've had for a backup but didn't: Crawford, Holtby, Scrivens, Bernier, Harding, Fleury ... Smith was picked but DND. Yeah, Yzerman's an idiot picking a washed-up goalie for Team Canada.

The Olympics proved it.... really? Backup on the greatest hockey team on earth... I'll take it. Other impressive goalies not named Luongo they could've had for a backup but didn't: Crawford, Holtby, Scrivens, Bernier, Harding, Fleury ... Smith was picked but DND. Yeah, Yzerman's an idiot picking a washed-up goalie for Team Canada.

Ha, got you.

I can't believe idiots still want to argue about this crap. I'm sick of it. That's why I made the comment.

Archived