The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Luongo sitting out again because he's in play?

VegasCanuck

holy over exaggeration batman

boo freaking hoo Luongo doesn't get the start

Personally I don't care who gets the start as long as we win. My issue is the lack (no pun intended) of foresight here by management given the mess we already have with the media.

This team is a mess, no need to make it worse by creating flames where there may be none. Thus, in my view if Lou isn't being moved this was the stupidest decision yet by MG, as he should be sitting with his coach and discussing the simple fact that we have a team with mental issues right now and don't need to pile on more....

That' s why I care, its the sheer stupidity of this all, the negativity it brings to a team that needs positivity right now, and that is something a GM should be aware of and his coach, and if the coach is too stupid to see that, well inform him of the madness that will ensue in this market if you create a mess.

holy over exaggeration batman

boo freaking hoo Luongo doesn't get the start

Are you ignorant or stupid?

This team has been a freaking soap opera for the past 3 years now, ever since the 2011 SCF a player has wanted out every single year. Cody Hodgson, Roberto Luongo, and now possibly Ryan Kesler.

If this trend keeps continuing, then we will become the Florida Panthers of the West. We will be a team where many of our players will be NHL cast offs mixed with rookies. I am honestly sick of the way management has been running things, they started off amazing there is no doubt about that but since 2011 everything has been going down. The one thing that this team has been doing consistently is failing.

I can only imagine that there's a deal being worked out otherwise this is pretty ridiculous. Don't get me wrong - I like Lack and I think he has played well but if Lui is the Canucks #1, he should be treated as such.

I can't think of who would be in the market for Lu. He's a good goalie but unless the price tag is a lot lower, he still seems unmovable.

Are you ignorant or stupid?

This team has been a freaking soap opera for the past 3 years now, ever since the 2011 SCF a player has wanted out every single year. Cody Hodgson, Roberto Luongo, and now possibly Ryan Kesler.

If this trend keeps continuing, then we will become the Florida Panthers of the West. We will be a team where many of our players will be NHL cast offs mixed with rookies. I am honestly sick of the way management has been running things, they started off amazing there is no doubt about that but since 2011 everything has been going down. The one thing that this team has been doing consistently is failing.

again over exaggeration

team has had a rough year from injuries and scoring droughts it's been brutal but to compare us to the Panthers Oilers Sabres Flames so on and so on is what's wrong with this message board right now

1 bad year all of a sudden they act like the Canucks are the worst team ever

Whenever someone sits at this time of year I get nervous about it. I don't think so, but nothing would surprise me anymore...I mean, Lu stayed/Schneids left, who can predict anything with this team?

Especially when lu plays only 1 game at the olympics, still sits out 2 games and then the third not playing in a memorable game classic against the sens... i think something is up... the players involved in a block buster trade witch no one would expect... i believe lu is one... kes or edler... we will see.. maybe its just hype and nothing happens like every year.

Don't be treating Lou poorly

Watch him take his 2 gold medal, various other awards, money and retire. Leaving the nucks with a huge cap hit for nothing. Gillis and Torts should be vary careful here.

Luongo strikes me as the kind of competitive player that'll play until no team wants him. I could even see him suiting up as a clear #2 in his declining years just to give the #1 a break. 20 games is better than 0 for a guy who's been a hockey obsessive most of his life.

Don't be treating Lou poorly

Watch him take his 2 gold medal, various other awards, money and retire. Leaving the nucks with a huge cap hit for nothing. Gillis and Torts should be vary careful here.

Why would that leave us with a huge cap hit? His cap recapture would be a factor, but it's not like it's $4-5M if he retires now. It'd be $1.1M each year if he retires this summer, and $1.45 if he retires the summer after. Pretty minor actually with the cap going up.

Archived