The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Luongo sitting out again because he's in play?

VegasCanuck

Again says who Luongo isn't still hurt. What if the only reason he came back before Olympics was make sure he was still on the team and not miss it like stamkos? I couldn't have been the only one that thought it was odd that he wasn't the starter in the Olympics now he comes back and hasn't played a game. Seems to me like he still might be hurt.

Again says who Luongo isn't still hurt. What if the only reason he came back before Olympics was make sure he was still on the team and not miss it like stamkos? I couldn't have been the only one that thought it was odd that he wasn't the starter in the Olympics now he comes back and hasn't played a game. Seems to me like he still might be hurt.

if he is hurt he wouldn't be on the bench

If he was injured during the Olympics, Smith would have been dressing as backup an Lu would have been watching from upstairs!

Other than his pride, he's not hurt!

again over exaggeration

team has had a rough year from injuries and scoring droughts it's been brutal but to compare us to the Panthers Oilers Sabres Flames so on and so on is what's wrong with this message board right now

1 bad year all of a sudden they act like the Canucks are the worst team ever

Are you blindly cheering for this team?

If you OPEN your eyes and watch the games, you'll discover that since the 2011-2012 season started they have not played great hockey. In the 2011-2012 season they had a great start, but after that Bruins game they just started to fizzle and fail. In the 2013 season they were hot and cold, but it was a short season and had it been a full season we would have seen a lot of losing than winning. This season has been a downright disaster, every single season we have key injuries but this year since the team sucks you decide blame injuries heavily.

Also, if you read what I wrote properly I said this team is HEADING in the direction of the Panthers with what is going between players and management, I did not directly compare the team on the ice to the Panthers.

It hasn't been one bad year, it has been a composition of 3 bad years including this one. The goal is not to make the playoffs, the goal is to win the cup. We were 5 goals away in 2011 but blew our chance and were never the same since.

i am the last person to start complaining about management and coaches but i am getting pushed to my limits here... this organization has gone from the class of the NHL to an embarrassment. they need to do something or this is going to turn into the second coming of Mike Keenan.

I wasn't surprised that Lack got the first two starts, but the third surprises me.

I think there is an equal chance that they are trying to showcase Eddie Lack before the trade deadline.

I don't think Mike Gillis is going to panic at the trade deadline. That is to say; he won't make a trade for the sake of making a trade.

To all the fans that are upset that Luongo isn't playing games lately give your heads a shake. The reason isn't playing is because our young kid Lack has been playing stellar. You don't sit Lack while he's rolling and the team has been playing in front of him. The emergence of Lack is making Luongo look quite expendable again…though we haven't seen much of Lack maybe the team and management is also playing him more to see if he can handle a starter role?

i am the last person to start complaining about management and coaches but i am getting pushed to my limits here... this organization has gone from the class of the NHL to an embarrassment. they need to do something or this is going to turn into the second coming of Mike Keenan.

Tell you what... I'd take a second serving of Mike Keenan. A Keenan/ Tortorella team could be pretty damn dangerous. Keenan is the type of GM who would not hesitate in trading ANYONE, for awesome returns. Fot hey who do not agree with this, remember that Keanan traded Linden for Bertuzzi and McCabe as a Canucks GM and traded Luongo for Bertuzzi as a Panthers GM. The Vancouver Canucks have benefited from Linden's value until now thanks to Keanan's involvement.

I wasn't surprised that Lack got the first two starts, but the third surprises me.

I think there is an equal chance that they are trying to showcase Eddie Lack before the trade deadline.

I don't think Mike Gillis is going to panic at the trade deadline. That is to say; he won't make a trade for the sake of making a trade.

The easier way to say this is: he won't make ANY trade of significance.

I do wonder however if it is political retribution for that Luongo said in the media regarding Kesler... Luongo: “I said whether he wants to go or stay, he’s not going anywhere. We all know how this script ends.”

Perhaps enraging management... just a thought...

The easier way to say this is: he won't make ANY trade of significance.

I do wonder however if it is political retribution for that Luongo said in the media regarding Kesler... Luongo: “I said whether he wants to go or stay, he’s not going anywhere. We all know how this script ends.”

Perhaps enraging management... just a thought...

I thought about that too & as soon as i heard Lu say that. I doubt it actually would make up MG & torts mind to bench him but i'm sure MG didn't like hearing it

Are you blindly cheering for this team?

If you OPEN your eyes and watch the games, you'll discover that since the 2011-2012 season started they have not played great hockey. In the 2011-2012 season they had a great start, but after that Bruins game they just started to fizzle and fail. In the 2013 season they were hot and cold, but it was a short season and had it been a full season we would have seen a lot of losing than winning. This season has been a downright disaster, every single season we have key injuries but this year since the team sucks you decide blame injuries heavily.

Also, if you read what I wrote properly I said this team is HEADING in the direction of the Panthers with what is going between players and management, I did not directly compare the team on the ice to the Panthers.

It hasn't been one bad year, it has been a composition of 3 bad years including this one. The goal is not to make the playoffs, the goal is to win the cup. We were 5 goals away in 2011 but blew our chance and were never the same since.

I'm pretty sure if your goal is to make the playoffs then your goal is to win the cup.

Lol.

To all the fans that are upset that Luongo isn't playing games lately give your heads a shake. The reason isn't playing is because our young kid Lack has been playing stellar. You don't sit Lack while he's rolling and the team has been playing in front of him. The emergence of Lack is making Luongo look quite expendable again…though we haven't seen much of Lack maybe the team and management is also playing him more to see if he can handle a starter role?

so what if lack is not capable? then what? we'll be looking elsewhere in the league trading asset to get a starting goaltender in return? coz we all know Luongo won't be here, with this latest jab at Luongo i think he can care less Vancouver makes the playoff anymore and just want out of this circus. To those that doesn't think this doesn't have an effect on future FA signings.. right.. repeatedly disrespecting it's players, broken promise, and try to run them out of town multiple times

Archived