The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Heritage Classic] Ottawa @ Vancouver | 03/02/14 |

Drouin

You know what's really funny about all this?

Ever since the announcement was made, people on CDC and in Vancouver have been trashing the Heritage Classic as a farce and a "disgrace to the fanbase" because of the high ticket prices, lack of an "outdoor atmosphere", bad opponent choice and the lackluster quality of the team. Many of you said that this game meant sh*t and that you wouldn't bother to do more than watch the game on TV or even watch the game at all.

Now Luongo doesn't get to start and every single one of you is up in arms because he didn't get to start an "important" game, that he should have been the sentimental starter and the organization basically kicked him in the nards by not giving him this suddenly more meaningful game (which hasn't even been officially confirmed, by the way).

So answer this: how can this be a snub if you guys have been saying all along that the Heritage Classic means nothing?

Hypocrisy at it again.

i realize that could be the case but i doubt Gillis is already going with Lack as the number 1 starter with only 24 games of Nhl experience i would think he would wait at least 1 more year to see what he does in his Sophomore season

I'm not comfortable with Lack being #1 yet either, far too early. Perhaps there is another goalie coming this way to soften the blow? Who knows.

None of us fans know whats going on behind the scenes and this could easily be the media creating a crapstorm over nothing again.

After the 2014-15 season at age 36, Roberto Luongo can request a trade and the Canucks must grant it. After the 2016-17 season at age 38, the Canucks have the option to trade Luongo and he must consent to it.

http://www.faceoff.c...85-6c328be5e1d1

What happens if the Canucks try their hardest to trade Luongo and CANT? The 29 other NHL teams didn't sign the contract.

I don't know what's going on but he should not be saying that. Talk about adding fuel to the fire. Bad enough the speculation about the decision (which now may not even be a decision) but to say that "I don't want to go through this again" after that tweet on Kesler....WTF!!!

When he's asked a question, he answers. Basically, I believe (in reading how things actually went down) that he's just quickly trying to diffuse this before it does blow up again. This is how it starts and it becomes a huge distraction. Thinking maybe that's it.

Asked about round two of this nonsense, Roberto Luongo balked.

"I'm just here to play, man," he told the assembled media. "I don't want to start going through this whole thing again."

Luongo will be traded by the deadline. It looks like Torts believes that Lack gives the team the best chance to win, and will run with him for the remainder of the season.

I think it is best for Luongo to get a fresh start somewhere else.

Hopefully Gills will be gone soon. He is a ???? joke.

At some point you have to realize getting 2 pts in this way could hurt the team much more than they're worth. The benefit you get from starting Lack over Luongo is minimal (if it's even there) and the damage you are doing with this decision is far greater.

I understand that NJ made the decision to bench Schneider in the stadium game likely cost them 2 points but the idea that starting Luongo would cost you 2 points is quite frankly ridiculous. Brodeur is 40 some years old and a shell of his former self, Luongo just came back from making the Canadian Olympic team.

It's really infuriating how many times the team has to slap Luongo in the face.

I cannot imagine how dumb the management would have to be to trade away another young, potential franchise goalie just so they can hold on to a 35 year old goalie who doesn't even want to play for this club.

So they move lack and are stuck yet again with the older and even more pissed at the organization goalie.. thats a great move. I'm all for moving lu if this is what its about but its not like lu has been playing bad this year to have him sit on the bench for the whole olympics .. he comes back not tired then gets sat for 3 games here including a special game.. man o man.. he better be traded because if not then gillis and torts are idiots.. bad move.

Why do people say he doesn't want to play here? I've never heard him say anything like that.

Sure he could always opt out at the end of the season, and maybe Gillis is trying to trade him, who knows.

But overall what I'm trying to say is Luo is our starter and this is BS if Gillis is going to start this crap again.

People need to remember this is Lacks first season and just because he's playing good as a backup, it means nothing in comparison to being a starter.

I don't think it's dumb to trade Lack, in fact if he's going to fetch a decent return then that's a smart move.

Gillis already stated he's not going to approach anyone and ask them to waive their NTC's, so it only makes sense that he would try to move Lack if the right deal is there.

All in all, Gillis better have made up his mind as to what he's going to do, because Luongo should not be disrespected like this.

You know what's really funny about all this?

Ever since the announcement was made, people on CDC and in Vancouver have been trashing the Heritage Classic as a farce and a "disgrace to the fanbase" because of the high ticket prices, lack of an "outdoor atmosphere", bad opponent choice and the lackluster quality of the team. Many of you said that this game meant sh*t and that you wouldn't bother to do more than watch the game on TV or even watch the game at all.

Now Luongo doesn't get to start and every single one of you is up in arms because he didn't get to start an "important" game, that he should have been the sentimental starter and the organization basically kicked him in the nards by not giving him this suddenly more meaningful game (which hasn't even been officially confirmed, by the way).

So answer this: how can this be a snub if you guys have been saying all along that the Heritage Classic means nothing?

Hypocrisy at it again.

Just because the heritage classic is "worthless" to the fans does not mean that it is to the players.

Lack's been outstanding for us all year, and he's red hot right now. Luongo honestly needs to shut his mouth and ride the bench until Torts decides to start him again.

You need to shut down your computer and not comment. At the beginning of the year Luongo was told he was the guy, Tortorella kept on saying again and again. Now the fact that the team sucks, is it Luo's fault?

Goaltending has not at all been an issue this season, it has alternated between the offense and defense. It doesn't matter if Eddie Lack is on a hot streak because he's the back up and Luongo hasn't played in about 2 weeks, also the Canucks lost against the Wild. The way this organization has been treating their players as of late and all the drama that seems to constantly be surrounding this team is a huge nuisance. I hope that either Gillis is fired or our best players leave because they don't deserve this kind of treatment.

Relations ‏@PR_NHL

"I think it’s fun for the guys. I think it’s great for our game."- @VanCanucks coach John Tortorella #HeritageClassic

BhrGrvNIEAAbyaO.jpg

@zkassian9

3 stooges @TomSestito23 @strombone1 #heritageclassic

BhrLd3yCAAAz6a9.jpg

3 greatest beauties of all time right there!

Archived