The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Heritage Classic] Ottawa @ Vancouver | 03/02/14 |

Drouin

This is a circus. I understand the thought process, we are in a dog fight for the playoffs and every point matters, but the message the team is sending now is that Lack gives them the better chance to win, despite the team losing on Lack's last start and Luongo not getting a chance to even start a game since the Olympic break ended.

So here we go again folks.

Lack is playing amazing right now and gives the team a confidence boost and it shows

Torts doesn't see this game as an event he sees it as 2 points this team needs

Gillis has zero say in who starts this is all on Torts

i am quite surprised at the amount of starts Lack has gotten especially under Torts you would think he would of rode Luongo for 60-70 starts doesn't seem to be the case

i wonder if Luongo just says i won't give you a list of teams just trade me out of here he deserves to be an undisputed starter

He does have a say if they are trading him and need to keep him from getting injured, which still might be the case. I agree he does deserve to be the undisputed starter. He got snubbed for the starter in the Olympics, and is getting snubbed as the starter at home. What a way for a star goalie to be treated.

Gillis has zero say in who starts this is all on Torts

i am quite surprised at the amount of starts Lack has gotten especially under Torts you would think he would of rode Luongo for 60-70 starts doesn't seem to be the case

i wonder if Luongo just says i won't give you a list of teams just trade me out of here he deserves to be an undisputed starter

He does if there is a trade in the works and he doesn't want Lu to get injured.

I could only imagine after what Lou went through last year... And now he's not going too play in a once in a lifetime game when he's the number 1 goalie..

aha. Heritage Classic.... once in a lifetime game. Hasn't there been three or four outdoor games ALREADY this year? That means 6-8 teams have played in a 'once in a lifetime game' -- this year alone!

He does have a say if they are trading him and need to keep him from getting injured, which still might be the case. I agree he does deserve to be the undisputed starter. He got snubbed for the starter in the Olympics, and is getting snubbed as the starter at home. What a way for a star goalie to be treated.

That wasn't a snub, tomorrow's game is.

Regardless if this is a trade situation or based on Lack's recent play etc. Gillis has once again handled the situation poorly. IT appear Lu is not aware of any trade talks or he would not be saying the things he is. Vancouver gets another black eye because of how Gillis treats key players. Even if they go with Lu now, the circus that has become the Canucks under Gillis continues.

What a bloody mess! FA needs to step in to protect his investment while he still has one.

He does if there is a trade in the works and he doesn't want Lu to get injured.

i realize that could be the case but i doubt Gillis is already going with Lack as the number 1 starter with only 24 games of Nhl experience i would think he would wait at least 1 more year to see what he does in his Sophomore season

this franchise is such an aboslute joke, Schneider and Luongo both handled the whole "goalie controversy" with class and this organization treated them both like crap by not giving either of them what they wanted and they are still treating Luongo with unbelievable disrespect

Schneider must be thrilled he isn't part of this joke of a team anymore

I'm slowly starting to understand what all those people who used to be huge fans of this team but now hate it are talking about

aha. Heritage Classic.... once in a lifetime game. Hasn't there been three or four outdoor games ALREADY this year? That means 6-8 teams have played in a 'once in a lifetime game' -- this year alone!

the owners want to recoup the losses from the lockout. that's the reason for having all the extra "cashgrab" outdoor classic games this year

Archived