The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pittsburgh Desperate for Kesler, NYR, DET AND CBJ Join Race

I also think what happens with any deal involving Edler has an affect on how much we need to get back for Kesler. If we can somehow get Schenn for Edler then Pittsburgh does become a decent trading partner. But right now Ryan Kesler is our 2nd line centre and if Brandon Sutter is the guy coming back to fill Kesler's role for now then we are in trouble. Brandon Sutter is not a 2nd line centre on any team in the NHL. But if we got Schenn from Phily for Edler then Sutter doesn't look too bad as our 3rd line centre. That said I hope Gillis tells Pittsburgh to screw off.

Definitely. If this guy was in our system people would be drooling over him.

Trust me, he's gonna be a stud, and fans will whine that we didn't take him while we could.

Our forward pool is starting to look pretty decent. We need to start shoring up our D though. Counting on Subban to be our elite puck moving D-man might be a bit hopeful.

I would love to get Pouliot but only if Edler gets traded for Schenn.

I don't think Columbus GM is gonna give up youth for Kesler, he is the type of GM that loves youth

That's true.

He's also stockpiled quite a bit already though and they are a young team.

I think both JD and JK are also anxious to make waves in their market though. Kesler isn't a rental and is a prime marketing tool in the USA directly after the Olympics. It makes sense for them to make a move at some point.

Maybe we should just stack up on D and ask for Pouliot and Harrington. Those two together could be an absolute stud pairing.

Pouliot, Harrington, Sutter, and a 1st.

We don't get our top center, but maybe that could be accomplished in an Edler trade.

I think this would be the best way to go. If shero is really gunning for him as hard as we think, we can load up from them with more higher end talent. Quality and quantity! Then go centre shopping later with your massive prospect pool and already loaded Canuck blue line.

I'd rather get Bennett over Harrington if it's possible though.

Forget Pittsburgh,

We aren't obligated to take their spare assets for our star.

We are in the drivers seat this time. Kesler is a great player with an amazing cap hit and in his prime.

Schero should kindly bow out and acquire Jay Mcclement, which is all he can afford.

I hope you guys are right and I'm wrong, if we land this kid. I seriously do.

I judge prospects on their career achievements. He is 20 playing in Portland. Maatta is 19 playing regular minutes for now for the Penguins.

ON that note, and please don't take offense.

We have to wonder what Pouliot would look like having played a PP with crosby neal malkin etc. Until we see that we just don't know.

Highest bidder gets Kesler. We should ask for a lot considering the supposed interest in Kesler.

I want a high end young player. like a O'Reilly, Kane, Kadri, Stepan or Nyquist and more.

ROR & Kane would probably be one for ones.

I suspect PIT will be the highest bidder, but there will be one guy off the table & thats Maatta.

You do realize Bozak has played 20 less games than Kadri and has 35 points in 38 games. Also has a much better +/- than Kadri.

Bozak plays with Kessel

Bozak <<<< Kadri

Well I like the idea of targeting guys like Laughton, Jenner and Bennett. These are the kind of guys you want for a rebuild, guys that play the middle six and bring defence/physicality in addition to scoring. It's these kinds of guys that win cups.

Bennett isn't like those 2, he's a creative, offensive winger.

We need to get a trade offer out in public that is better then what Pittsburgh is currently offering us because right now if I'm the Columbus GM and I know what Pittsburgh is currently offering I only have to offer Brandon Dubinsky, A Top Prospect (Alex Wennberg or Kerby Rychel) and a 1st Round Draft Pick and I've already done better the Pittsburgh.

To Pit

Kesler 2way center 2more years can and would probably play wing as a shooter, loves shooting the puck

Edler (great contract and can fill in with Letang injury and then be great 3-4guy)

Richardson 1 more year at just over a million, great at PK and defensive shutdown to replace Sutter

Retain 50% on Richardson

To Van

Maatta high end defensemen of future and now

Bennett scoring winger of future and now

Sutter good defensive center more a high end shutdown 3c that can fill in the 2 spot. Have him and Horvat flip next year until Horvat takes 2C

1st 2014 (late almost a 2nd)

2nd 2015 unless make SCF in 2014or2015 then 1st 2015

Works with Letang on LTIR

I don't see Columbus really that keen on Kesler. Why would they want him with so much youth coming in?

Cuz youths may not pan out and Kesler can get them to the playoffs for the next few years.

Johansen, Kesler, Dubinsky = sick

They don't have to bow down to the rest of the league any more. Plus we are not emptying their farm, just one or two key pieces.,,,

Archived