The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pittsburgh Desperate for Kesler, NYR, DET AND CBJ Join Race

Thank you!

If you're going to argue that Johansen could all of a sudden not pan out and pull a Daigle then you have to accept that Horvat won't either. Horvat is a way bigger risk at this point in his career then Johansen. Yes it's a lot to give up but it's often said the team that get's the best player is the winner and in a trade involving Kesler and Horvat for Johansen we get the best player. We can disagree on that if you want. I'd rather have the "extremely risky" Ryan Johansen then the injury prone Kesler or untested Horvat. That's just me though.

I had suggested a similar idea, few days back. Something like:

Kes, Tanev, Horvat, 2nd rounder?

for:Johansen, Anisimov, Murray.

To get a big name or two, it might work if expanded.

Anyways, agree with you that Johansen would be a dream-catch.

Yes Shero will up the offer by going from Sutter, Despreso Dum.. 1st ,3rd to-------------Sutter. Pouliot, 1st------to sweeten even more Bennet or even one of Despres or Dum.

Was on team 1040 interview with Rossi

Come on Gillis, get those picks changed to 2015 picks. We're gonna get a top-10 pick on our own in this shallow draft year which is good enough. Pouliot, Bennett, Sutter, and a 2015 1st round pick.

Kuzma is fairly reliable but I'm not sure that's a slam dunk answer. It sounds more like speculation.

Maybe even we take Umberger back from them in sideways move.

Kesler, Hansen

For

Umberger, Jenner, Wennberg, 1st

Hmmmm. So you're saying there's a chance... :P

Tbh...after hearing some possible outcomes.... Im super excited....new talent, potential for some players to make their mark in Van. Maybe not Sutter...But then again look who he's playing with.

Game of what ifs.

if it is Sutter, Pouliot, 1st, I would wait until the draft, at the draft other teams would prob be more interested which would drive the price up. Also, we will know who is picking and in what order, and we could package our first round pick to get a top asset.

ex : Kesler + 1st for 2nd or 1st over all + a 2nd lesser asset

it would be huge to get Reinhart or Ekblad

Thanks for reposting here Elvis.

It's a pain in the butt to have multiple threads, but no worries.

I believe that, but I would want bennett added to this and we could send them Hansen.

Bennett alone doesn't warrant adding Hansen. No thanks if that's how they try and up sell us.

wow that interview was great .. great insight there

Take it with a grain of salt, since Pens fans talk about how they don't like Rossi and feel he doesn't really have any reliable sources for this.

Bennett has a sick shot.

That's his strength, and while he's good otherwise he doesn't necessarily have elite speed at the NHL level to stand out that way. This risk for acquiring him now id he's injured again with a problem with his wrist that's been bothering him most of the year. I'm not sure if it's the same wrist he'd broken in 2011 but if it is that would certainly be worrying for how it would affect his greatest asset.

EDIT: here's his review from Hockey Prospectus back in 2012: http://www.hockeypro...?articleid=1379

4. Beau Bennett, Right Wing

2010-11 Ranking: 6th

Date of birth: 11/27/1991

Height: 6'1''

Weight: 190

Shoots: Right

Statistics: 10 GP, 4 G, 13 P (University of Denver-WCHA)

Acquired: First round, 20th overall in 2010 by Pittsburgh

The Good: Bennett is a very talented winger with a lot of upside. He's a high-end puck-handler who can make tremendous displays of skill. He also has good speed, agility, and vision, which gives him several different ways to beat a defense. Bennett is a plus shooter who can snipe goals from mid-distance.

The Bad: Bennett has had injury issues the last two seasons, missing most of this past season, and it should be interesting to see how much that affects him in pro hockey this coming season. He needs to bulk up a fair amount.

Projection: He could be a good second line forward.

What's so great about Beau Bennet? Just another Jensen nothing more nothing less.

That's not a bad thing, but people aren't exactly fond of Jensen here.

Actually they are quite different. And some of us think Jensen is good prospect. Actually, most of us.

Jensen is a big body sniper who is a shoot first type. He also prone to using his size and reach for keeping the puck to the outside as he cuts in toward the bet in power moves, not unlike Bert used to. He also has good hand eye for tip ins and redirections.

Bennett is a much more shifty and creative pass first type. He is a dangler with playmaking ability. His size just allows him to create move room to be able to do that. He also can run a PP from the sidewall and has a good shot on top on that.

If anything, they might compliment each other very well.

What's so great about Beau Bennet? Just another Jensen nothing more nothing less.

That's not a bad thing, but people aren't exactly fond of Jensen here.

Similar but better defensively. Plus he's farther along in his development. We need more offensively gifted players like him.

I don't think people aren't fond of Jensen. They were just disappointed he started off so slow this season. Since he has gone on his goal scoring tear, people have done nothing but rave about him.

We would also have two players named Bo/Beau :bigblush:

Will need to add even more than that and change picks to 2015. If Pouliot was that good, he'd have Maatta's spot at the moment. That being said, Pouliot is a solid prospect, but just not a centerpiece.

Pittsburgh needs Kesler more than we need to trade Kesler. Pay up, Shero.

He almost had it from all the reports I read. Log jam on the back end pushed the offensive star back to junior. Can't really say that's a who's better situation. Your always going to keep the steadier stay at home guy and let puck mover develop when they're that young.

Archived