The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft 2014 - First Round Pick

VegasCanuck

Best skating,highly -skilled, puck moving d man available,please.

There is this small problem on the back end.....

I disagree,

We need young offensive talent upfront.

We need a blue chip center for the future,

We need Reinhart.

I'm perfectly willing to keep the defense we have and just let them age out.

If we somehow got 1st, we have to pick Reinhart, he's from West Van or North Van can't remember. Do you realize how it's like a 30 min drive to rogers arena from there.

Ekblad is Weber quality but we need to pick the guy that instantaneously replaces Henrik.

One thing to be considered is the fact that Anaheim has Ottawa's pick in the draft. That pick could very well be a top 10.

If they are interested in Kesler like it was rumored at the deadline, there could be a deal there. They're in our division, but to get two picks in the top 10 would be pretty tempting.

One thing to be considered is the fact that Anaheim has Ottawa's pick in the draft. That pick could very well be a top 10.

If they are interested in Kesler like it was rumored at the deadline, there could be a deal there. They're in our division, but to get two picks in the top 10 would be pretty tempting.

Hmmm, that's interesting. Of all the teams mentioned I think Anaheim could use Kessler the most.

Maybe there's a deal to be made between the Nucks, Ducks and whoever wins the lottery?

I'm thinking we draft 7th.

I would like Draisaitl, Perlini or Ritchie. Hoping Calgary takes a Jankowski 2.0 and have Reinhart/Bennett/Dalcolle fall to us, chances are slim though.

I think there's a very good chance there's at least one forward that drops, one of those 2nd tier guys like Dalcolle for sure. The top 3 picks are very clear, 4-15 aren't. Every report I see is totally different, everyone likes someone different after the top 3 and i'd bet it will be the same with team's scouts.

If we aren't going after Ekblad there's no reason to do anything, we'll be in prime position to benefit from another teams blunder. I do know if we trade Kes i'd want a 2015 pick because this draft blows. Reinhart and Bennett aren't worth trading up for.

Lindholm and that first is even a pretty sick deal. Frees us up to trade a dman(edler) for a centre. Equivalent to 2 recent top ten picks.

Lindholm and that first is even a pretty sick deal. Frees us up to trade a dman(edler) for a centre. Equivalent to 2 recent top ten picks.

They would never trade Lindholm. Etem/Théodore/Rakell , their Ottawa pick + a 2nd perhaps would be pretty sweet though.

Damn nice insight.

Gillis didn't deal Schneids to Edmonton for a specific reason. Doubt he moves Kes for that same reason. Unless Anaheim grossly over pays we won't be sending Kes there, at least I hope not.

Gillis didn't deal Schneids to Edmonton for a specific reason. Doubt he moves Kes for that same reason. Unless Anaheim grossly over pays we won't be sending Kes there, at least I hope not.

I could see it going down. This is different, Kesler has most likely only a few teams he'd waive to. If there's a firm offer for sutter dumolin and 25th overall from Pit, and Lindholm + 8th overall from Anaheim what would you pick?

You're not making the trade to be better than Anaheim next year, your aiming to be better in 2 years and beyond. By then Kesler is older, breaking down and making 7.5mill. Your Lindholm is showing shades of top pairing D material and Virtanen? is gunning for the Calder.

We need Anaheim to play play LA in the first round. Even though the Ducks have done well against LA in the regular season, we all know LA is a different animal in the playoffs. The Kings have great center depth with Kopitar, Richards and Stoll. Ducks have Getzlaf and Boninno? Ducks will come begging for Kesler in the summer.

Archived