The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicklas Jensen called up from Utica

hockeyville88

Should have called him up a while ago instead of that soft goon Archibald who plays like a chicken and like he's over his head all around.

With this pathetic struggle to score goals it would have made much more sense to have Jensen a kid who can skate like the wind, has good skill and has nice shot with scoring touch play.

Now hopefully he gets a chance with some skilled linemates on our top lines so he can really show his stuff and not thrown out to try playing with our plumbers.

Should have called him up a while ago instead of that soft goon Archibald who plays like a chicken and like he's over his head all around.

With this pathetic struggle to score goals it would have made much more sense to have Jensen a kid who can skate like the wind, has good skill and has nice shot with scoring touch play.

Now hopefully he gets a chance with some skilled linemates on our top lines so he can really show his stuff and not thrown out to try playing with our plumbers.

Ironically Archibald and Jensen have very similar numbers in Utica and produced around the same number of points in the OHL. Archibald is older and more physical - makes sense that he got the first call-up. Jensen has the tools to be a gifted offensive player but he has never put up points consistently. He goes red hot and then ice cold. It will be interesting to see which Jensen shows up.

Archibald isn't soft.

What do you want from the guy. He's getting his first NHL experience on a team with zero confidence. That's not exactly a great situation for him.

I'd take Archibald over Sestito.

I might be more inclined to sign the Hanson brothers to NHL tryouts, dump them all in the lineup, and give Hartley and Burke the gong show they want.

When he’s (Tortorella) dishing out the medicine, it’s part of the game. When he’s tasting it, it shouldn’t be in the game.

And when he’s tasting it courtesy of a coach he has little respect for, it makes him completely snap.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/john-tortorella-awkward-history-faceoff-fights-bob-hartley-211638086--nhl.html

Best thing that could ever happen to the kid. Coming in now he's got a chance to stick with the big club if he does absolutely anything at all haha 3 good shifts and he's a keeper by the way everyone else has been playing

@MatthiasScores. He has good mobility and is really good at protecting the puck with his body. Although his best asset is his shot. His snap shot is Naslund esque. now his negatives is he is really streaky from what it seems and doesn't lay the body very often if at all. Still he is projected to be a fairly good top 6 sniper. probably around 25-30 goals a year in his prime. right now don't expect too much but he is our most NHL ready Prospect.

When he’s (Tortorella) dishing out the medicine, it’s part of the game. When he’s tasting it, it shouldn’t be in the game.

And when he’s tasting it courtesy of a coach he has little respect for, it makes him completely snap.

http://sports.yahoo....38086--nhl.html

No real news there - we all know that Tortorella hasn't worn ruts in the high road.

Not much of a read there either. Where it loses it's edge in it's slant is:

"Moving a defenseman up to take the draw in this situation is a surefire way to spark a brawl, and as you'll see, something Tortorella has done before."

How anyone can pretend that the 'spark' came as a result of a defenseman taking the draw is utter nonsense.

Bieksa called a rookie out of a standoff with Westgarth - had literally nothing to do with what was going to and did ensue regardless, and everything to do with Bieksa protecting the young Lain.

In any event, I'm certainly not going to waste my time in apologism for Tortorella.

My point was essentially this: Burke's Leafs made a habit out of game opening line brawls in his tenure. It became a regular sideshow and tactic in Leafsland.

Is it a coincidence that his tenure in Calgary is marked by an inaugural replay against the Canucks?

I could counter by posting an article where Hartley is exposed by Scott Parker as a bully:

http://www.cbssports...ley-was-a-bully

Burke and Hartley made a transparent move in starting their fourth line, two of whom dropped their gloves immediately upon puck drop.

This is something you'd be hard pressed to find in Vancouver Canucks history.

We'll see if the Canucks pull this kind of crap the next time they play in Calgary and submit their opening lineup first. I doubt they follow suit.

Get back to me with your Canucks.org hatred if that in fact happens.

Archived