The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's first game back is a shutout!

yah .. i can see it .. is it an illusion ??? if not I feel bad for even saying anything ..

The hand closest to Luongo is the kids. The weirdly small one in the middle is from the guy behind him it's just that the bottom half of his sleeve is obscured by the kid.

lol you're a bitter man aren't you

not even in the slightest. Does your psychologist know about your man crush?

I am glad he's gone, he was a whiner. Boo hoo, it's not fair, boo hoo, I wanna play that game... sorry brother. Check the ego at the door.

great goalie that turned into a baby...

I am glad he's gone, he was a whiner. Boo hoo, it's not fair, boo hoo, I wanna play that game... sorry brother. Check the ego at the door.

Ok bitter boy

:picard:

He tried that a lot with the Canucks too. Unfortunately, you know...

Roberto+Luongo+Vancouver+Canucks+v+Nashville+ZHZH-kyjmr2x.jpg

Roberto+Luongo+Chicago+Blackhawks+v+Vancouver+dy8l7tnG8Vgx.jpg

Edmonton+Oilers+v+Vancouver+Canucks+KeudAjtwZIp+mPBEYalcwVr+1024x1024.jpg

Chicago+Blackhawks+v+Vancouver+Canucks+Game+6fARlyBnNGB+KaKKylKWZJf+1024x1024.jpg

Roberto+Luongo+Boston+Bruins+v+Vancouver+Canucks+pQLqI-y359Wx.jpg

Your a clown. In 8 seasons of play with the Canucks you manage to find 5 photos. You seem content to bash Luongo even though he did so much for the Canucks in his time here. In the eight seasons he has had with us, there are maybe 2 seasons in which he didn't have to be the best player and the players showed in the finals that if Luongo doesn't get a shutout every game, they will not win. 8 goals in 7 games, SMH. I'm not even a Luongo fanboy, I knew he had to go but unlike you I'm not ignoring that he is the best goalie the Canucks ever had and probably have for a long time. I bet your just a Cory nutthugger.

Lu looked really focused, making a few excellent saves. Vintage Roberto tonight -- better than any performance he's given in the past year, I'd say.

I think going to Florida might rejuvenate some of his short-term motivation. Good for him. Hopefully he can sustain this even if the team in front of him struggles.

Some photographs of him from tonight:

Roberto+Luongo+Buffalo+Sabres+v+Florida+Panthers+QJbhC8tECD0x.jpg

477172969_slide.jpg

477172975_slide.jpg

Roberto+Luongo+Buffalo+Sabres+v+Florida+Panthers+uRkAI1uuHuMx.jpg

Roberto+Luongo+Buffalo+Sabres+v+Florida+Panthers+DaIPnk2dX7Lx.jpg

Roberto+Luongo+Buffalo+Sabres+v+Florida+Panthers+Rm59qfK4zOEx.jpg

Roberto+Luongo+Buffalo+Sabres+v+Florida+Panthers+nMgKSqZqd4Fx.jpg

477172971_slide.jpg

The best part about these photo is how awkward Campbell felt celebrating with Lu after his Canucks comments lol.

He looked good! I was surprised at how well his team looked in front of him too. Congratulations, Luo!!

Not as unsurprised as I am to see how bad the Canucks are without him...

Not only does he get a shutout. He also ties Roy for all-time shutouts. In his first game in Florida.

you know guys .. something that bothers me is guys like lu wanting to go to a city where there is no spotlight ... to me its cowardly ... seems like lu just wants to play out his contract and have it as easy as possible .. I hope he does well but its disappointing that he has made it this clear that winning a cup doesn't really matter to him

Not as unsurprised as I am to see how bad the Canucks are without him...

Not only does he get a shutout. He also ties Roy for all-time shutouts. In his first game in Florida.

Cool. I hadn't realized that. Just checked and he's #15 on the all time shutout list and tied Roy in significantly fewer games. Very cool!

I think you could offer Luongo 20 million a year and he still would never want to come back to this city. He's back where he belongs, back to playing for his home NHL team.

he's from montreal ..... and he could have gone to a contender .. the great ones relish the pressure and need to win ..... he's just collecting a pay check now

he's from montreal ..... and he could have gone to a contender .. the great ones relish the pressure and need to win ..... he's just collecting a pay check now

Florida is probably more home to him than montreal considering that's where he lives and likely where his wife wants him, regardless of where he's born.

The problem is we never gave him time to relish the pressure, at least after that stanley cup loss. We basically threw him around like nothing and took the net away from him anytime he made a small mistake, and then screwed him around with trading and put every AHL goaltender we got above him.

You dont have a 10 million dollar a year goaltender as a benchwarmer. You play him, regardless of how well he's doing at the moment or what minuscule mistakes he makes. The biggest mistake we could have made was not letting him play at the heritage classic after months of hyping that up.

either that or promising him a trade, then trading schneider, then promising him the net back, then taking the net away from him after not giving him any real time to play.

Now he's #1 in a city with fans who love him and management that respects him, in a city where he lives and where his kids are. I'm sure that matters more to him than a cup right now. Watch out for Florida next year, he's basically brought us to the play offs before, watch him do it again with another team.

maybe then van will realize how retarded they were.

Archived