The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MH370 - Presumed Lost in Indian Ocean, Possible Debris Spotting in Reunion

Brad Marchand

wish they could just at least retrieve one object out of the hundreds that they've found on satellite.....

They'll likely be able to tomorrow (overnight tonight, for us). A Chinese naval ship is already enroute to the physical sightings by airplanes.

so if they do find debris from the plane they should be able to pinpoint within a reasonable area where it went down by following the current of the ocean right?

They wouldn't be able to pinpoint the area, however they can make some rough (VERY rough) estimates... we're talking hundreds of thousands of square kilometres, still.

It would likely still take several months to a few years to find the wreckage at the bottom of the ocean (assuming the plane went down in the water), as it would require deep sea scavenging equipment and sonar. That is assuming the operation is funded right away. It'll probably cost tens of millions of dollars, which many governments may take a while to give up.

This whole thing has turned into a circus (no offense to those impacted by the losses on the plane) and I'm glad I cut it off a while back. Yea it was interesting at first but then the media took it down the toilet.

...rather, they're just using this to cover up a lot of other things are happening going mostly unnoticed.

I think everyone died or at least passed out over the South China sea due to decompression. This could have been intention malicious human action or alternatively mechanical failure or similar. I have huge doubts that it flew true for 7+ hours with all still alive. Going against my polar shift theory, even if it was pilot suicide I reckon he too passed early after setting a course for the most difficult part of the world to find any evidence.

You mean like the movie Airport (1970)?

Over 3 weeks now. Current search area is over 300,000 Square miles. Every piece of possible debris that has been found has been examined and none could be linked to the missing plane so far. Some items seen by satellites have not been recovered yet.

As Ive said before, I dont think we will ever have conclusive answers to exactly what happened or why. Leaving the door wide open for wild speculation and conspiracy theories.

Apparently some of the debris spotted by satellites and then pulled from the ocean by searchers was actually dead jellyfish.

Nobody knows what the hell they are doing over there. They're basically guessing at where to search. Over three weeks in and they're still at step 1.

Some big jellyfishies.

Apparently some of the debris spotted by satellites and then pulled from the ocean by searchers was actually dead jellyfish.

Nobody knows what the hell they are doing over there. They're basically guessing at where to search. Over three weeks in and they're still at step 1.

You're being overly critical, I think. What more can they do at this point? The fact that the plane went "missing", means they have to guess where to search.

I wonder if they are looking at the right places because the latest debis is a false alarm again.

The whole thing is a jole, you think they find ONE single of evidence by this time. Being kidnapped by aliens seem more plausible.

PERTH, AUSTRALIA—A cluster of orange objects spotted by a search plane was just fishing equipment and not related to the missing Malaysia Airlines jet, officials said Monday, in the latest disappointment in the three-week hunt that Australia’s prime minister said will continue indefinitely.

The crew of an Australian P-3 Orion saw at least four orange objects that were more than 2 metres in size on Sunday, and the pilot, Flight Lt. Russell Adams, dubbed the sighting their most promising lead in the search for Flight 370. But on Monday, Australian Maritime Safety Authority spokesman Jesse Platts said an analysis confirmed the objects “have nothing to do with the missing flight.”

It’s a frustrating pattern in the hunt for the Boeing 777, which vanished while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8 with 239 people aboard: Search crews have repeatedly spotted multiple objects floating in the search area of the southern Indian Ocean, only for officials to later rule out link to the missing plane.

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott on Monday acknowledged the search was incredibly complex, but said officials were “well, well short” of any point where they would scale back the hunt.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak plans to travel to Perth on Wednesday to see the search operations firsthand.

I wonder if they are looking at the right places because the latest debis is a false alarm again.

The whole thing is a jole, you think they find ONE single of evidence by this time. Being kidnapped by aliens seem more plausible.

As has been said by the people who are running the search here in Aus , were are not looking for a needle in a haystack we are looking for the haystack so we can start to look for the needle.

This is a reminder that we are not omnipotent , that even with all the technology at our disposal sh!t still happens

I'm slowly leaning back towards other explanations at this point, the ones involving government covert operations.

Why are the US even involved in this altogether? There are only 3 American citizens on that plane after all.....

I'm slowly leaning back towards other explanations at this point, the ones involving government covert operations.

Why are the US even involved in this altogether? There are only 3 American citizens on that plane after all.....

The US offer's assistance in most major plane crashes and search and rescue operations nothing unusual in that

it was a boeing 777. NTSB is also the most experienced in investigating air crashes.

The US offer's assistance in most major plane crashes and search and rescue operations nothing unusual in that

it was a boeing 777. NTSB is also the most experienced in investigating air crashes.

Fair enough... there is historical precedence.

Did you guys know that this is the first time in history where a large passenger aircraft has disappeared in mid-air?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aerial_disappearances

The last time anything like this has ever happened was in the 50's, with around 50ish people on board.

This kind of thing simply does not happen.

Did you guys know that this is the first time in history where a large passenger aircraft has disappeared in mid-air?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aerial_disappearances

The last time anything like this has ever happened was in the 50's, with around 50ish people on board.

This kind of thing simply does not happen.

Yup Northwest Orient Flight 2501

Vanished over lake Michigan in june of 1950 58 people aboard.

For this to happen today with a modern jet liner is extra-ordinary and if it isn't found it will go down along side Amelia Earhart ,Andrew Whitfield and Flight 19 as one of the great aviation mystery's of all time .

So, The Malaysian Gov. has changed their official stance on the last words from the cockpit of flight 370 from "All right, good night" to "Good Night Malaysian three seven zero". These are not 2 almost identical lines that they could have misheard. The Malaysian Civil Aviation Authority has been asked repeatedly to release the official transcripts bu they have refused stating they are still conduction forensic investigations on them. Why that would keep them from circulating copies to everyone is beyond understanding.

Source:http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/malaysia-changes-version-of-last-words-from-missing-flights-cockpit/article17740657/

It looks like the Malaysian Gov is doing some revisionist history work already.

So, The Malaysian Gov. has changed their official stance on the last words from the cockpit of flight 370 from "All right, good night" to "Good Night Malaysian three seven zero". These are not 2 almost identical lines that they could have misheard. The Malaysian Civil Aviation Authority has been asked repeatedly to release the official transcripts bu they have refused stating they are still conduction forensic investigations on them. Why that would keep them from circulating copies to everyone is beyond understanding.

Source:http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/malaysia-changes-version-of-last-words-from-missing-flights-cockpit/article17740657/

It looks like the Malaysian Gov is doing some revisionist history work already.

Im starting to get a real KAL 007 vibe here

Archived