The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Meltdown/Collapse

The Magician

not going to bother looking up every single game that Luongo and Schneider played and count the goals they let in 3 games in a row but at 4.6 goals per game it is not out of the realm of possibility

also 12 goals Lack let in 1 Empty net 1 by Markstrom not discounting the bad games in a row he has had but doesn't take away from what he did as the starter in the last 7 games yes Luongo was here in the back up position for 5 of those games but Lack played and finished them all making him the starter

1-0 Shutout Stl

2-1 Shootout loss Minnesota

4-2 loss Ottawa 1 empty netter

1-0 loss Phoenix

6-1 loss Dallas 5 by him 1 by Lack entire team played like crap

2-1 win Calgary played amazing after goal from center ice he could of easily crumbled and let a bunch in

7-4 loss NYI 1 empty netter entire team collapsed in the 3rd period not just him yes he needs to make some of those saves to stop the bleeding

2.43 GAA give or take not counting up minutes too tired

.899 sv percentage

take into account the goal support Lack has gotten in these 7 games the being outscored 10 to 17 and overall team effort in front of him can't imagine Luongo doing that much better than Lack

not trying to do a whole Luongo think here just pointing out what Lack has had to deal with the past 7 games first 2 he was great then so-so in a tough start mentally for any goalie getting the outdoor game then decent against Phoenix with zero goals scored bad game against Dallas including the team in front great game against Calgary and then NYI 3rd period collapse by entire team Lack has to make some saves when it gets 4-4

obviously the stats don't paint a pretty picture but for the entire crap both Luongo Gillis the Owners Torts started he has done tremendously well under this extreme pressure situation for a rookie goalie and has show signs of brilliance 4 great games 1 so so and 2 blowouts and Luongo has had his fair share of blowouts as well which is the main point i am getting at that just because Luongo plays those 7 games doesn't mean he doesn't let in 12 goals in 3 games

hey those scores reminds me of the 7 game series against boston.. except it's all Luongo's fault apparently

You do have a point - but Erhoff got vastly overpaid to go to Buffalo. I think it was 9 million for his first year. I think we would be in deep trouble if the Canucks had to significantly over pay to get guys to come here. I just cant see any coveted UFA coming here with this mess going on.

Agreed.Can't see Aqua going for another bust after Ballard,Booth and Burr.

$6m salary + $2m signing bonus for Burr's 0 goals.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/662

hey those scores reminds me of the 7 game series against boston.. except it's all Luongo's fault apparently

to some yes it was all Luongo's fault i never took that stance

Luongo played 3 great games and basically stole them 3 wins against the Bruins at the same time though he lost 4 brutal games doesn't matter if a team is scoring or not those early holes both he and the team dug themselves in are hard to get out of

that series is what Luongo is in a nutshell you never know what performance you will get that is why some blame soley him for the series i believe he only needed 1 more great game and he would have a cup yes it takes a team to win games series cups but goalies can steal a series and even a cup he just needed 1 more performance to do just that at the same time though the argument and a very sound one is if the team scores during those games where they allowed more than usual maybe they would have that cup without Luongo having to have the 4th great game

Just want to state the fact that Luongo was an elite goalie who was getting paid like one to make the difference in net. His margin of error has to be very limited. Eddie Lack and any other goalie in his rookie season, dealing with a team that can't score for half of the season and is in a free fall, should be given some time and space to develop.

Exactly.. Lack is a rookie goalie for christ sake.. i'm not blaming him 1 bit of any of the loss.. but at the same time i blame management for tossing him into the fire and hopes he pans out.. i hope we get someone capable in the off season to share the loads with him as i'm not confidence in the team running 2 rookie goalie and hindering both their progress at the same time.

Dragonfruits is so hypercritcal but he is so delusional to realize what he says...

i do realize what i say actually what you don't realize is my opinion on Luongo i am only going to say this one more time to you

i appreciate what Luongo has done for this franchise have i been overly critical of him yes and guess what so have a lot of other people so don't go after just me i have never blamed Luongo for the Boston series solely get that through your narrow minded head

i don't care what you have to say after this because this is the last time i discuss Luongo he is on another team he was a great goalie for us time to move on

to some yes it was all Luongo's fault i never took that stance

Luongo played 3 great games and basically stole them 3 wins against the Bruins at the same time though he lost 4 brutal games doesn't matter if a team is scoring or not those early holes both he and the team dug themselves in are hard to get out of

that series is what Luongo is in a nutshell you never know what performance you will get that is why some blame soley him for the series i believe he only needed 1 more great game and he would have a cup yes it takes a team to win games series cups but goalies can steal a series and even a cup he just needed 1 more performance to do just that at the same time though the argument and a very sound one is if the team scores during those games where they allowed more than usual maybe they would have that cup without Luongo having to have the 4th great game

Luongo is gone if you haven't noticed yet. Why do you keep talking about him? Again you showed how hypercritical you are with this post...

Agreed.Can't see Aqua going for another bust after Ballard,Booth and Burr.

$6m salary + $2m signing bonus for Burr's 0 goals.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/662

Ehrhoff's cap hit is only like $4M or something. And it's not like Aquaman hasn't dished out $10M a year for a player before... And Ehrhoff was looking for term. And seeing as to how he was the only un-injured D-man during his 2 years here, his playing style is not conducive to injuries.

And besides, if MG was smart and admitted his mistake earlier, he could have saved $4.2M by trading Ballard away for a 7th round draft pick. Ballard was a LD and we had too many LD's. He was also used sparingly during the 2011 run. With a blooming Tanev ready to join the ranks, anyone could see that he was expendable. Why did MG keep him?

And then when we lose Salo (RD), we replace him with Garrison (LD), wtf? At least Garrison hasn't had too much trouble adjusting to RD.

He would also probably save more money if he admitted the Booth experiment was a failure by trading him for peanuts. Same could be said for Bernier.

I have nothing but good memories of Luongo and see him as one of the best Canucks in our history, but I do also feel like he failed in certain times to rise up to the challenge of his potential. I am only speaking of the playoffs here. I think for so long, we had dreamt of a top quality goalie who can win us those key games and Luongo was that for the most part, but we also got to see his implosions too which included the Chicago series' and the Boston series.

I'm not saying Lu was all to blame for them, but I wish he was that one goalie that could make that amazing save that would win us the Stanley Cup.

Well at least it's becoming obvious MG doesn't have a clue when it comes to building a team properly. Start with good players who score who the rest of the team feeds off and you'll be fine. It should be freaking blatantly obvious but he's an idiot.

He has done some good and some interesting stuff but he needs to go.

i do realize what i say actually what you don't realize is my opinion on Luongo i am only going to say this one more time to you

i appreciate what Luongo has done for this franchise have i been overly critical of him yes and guess what so have a lot of other people so don't go after just me i have never blamed Luongo for the Boston series solely get that through your narrow minded head

i don't care what you have to say after this because this is the last time i discuss Luongo he is on another team he was a great goalie for us time to move on

dude Lack didn't have a great game tonight obviously, but no one is even putting on him. Yet you come on here and to make yourself feel better you start a post comparing Lack to Luongo who is not even here anymore saying "Lu would probably have let in the same amount of goals" and all that crap. Look at how much effort and time you took to make that post comparing Lack and Lu lol

Now Lu is gone you don't have anyone else to harp on. So what do you do? Still talk about Luongo to make sure no one says anything about Lack when no one even has

dude Lack didn't have a great game tonight obviously, but no one is even putting on him. Yet you come on here and to make yourself feel better you start a post comparing Lack to Luongo who is not even here anymore saying "Lu would probably have let in the same amount of goals" and all that crap.

Now Lu is gone you don't have anyone else to harp on. So what do you do? Still talk about Luongo to make sure no one says anything about Lack when no one even has

Tortorella, on 11 March 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

Well, Mike Gillis and co. inability to deal with the goalie situation appropriately has completely pissed away what elite goaltending this team had. They have forcefully put a boat load of pressure on Lack with no relief in sight.

Neither Luongo nor Schneider would have allowed 14 goals in 3 games here. I'm not blaming Lack by any means but he's got all the responsibility now and looks like it might be too much.

don't enter discussions when you haven't read the entire conversation that has been going on in this thread that's all i am saying

Money talks.

You think Ehrhoff really wanted to live in Buffalo, and actually thought they had the best chance to win a cup?

This team hasn't been able to get free agents cause it hasn't had a ton of cap space to work with. Now it does.

If anything is gonna keep us from signing big name free agents, it's Gillis' and his bargain bin player signing.

Money sure talks, but what happen when the big name FA has more than one team offering him a contract? Do u want to work for apple or blackberry if they offered you a contract that pays you the same amount of money?

Its nice to have the cap space, but after everything that has happened in vancouver, i dont see any big name FA signing with the canucks any time soon. Firing gillis might help, but i really doubt it.

I think the ownership has no choice but to fire Gillis. Torts will stay another season in my opinion. The new GM will be more bold with his moves and we'll hopefully get a younger and faster team mixed in with a veteran group for the most part and see where it takes us

Archived