The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Meltdown/Collapse

The Magician

exactly and if players are quitting on 2 coaches in a row what happens when they quit on the 3rd coach

the core group and leadership is the huge issue with this team and Torts should honestly next season strip everyone of their letters and make them work for it during training camp make them earn the right to lead this team

You think that having a stupid letter on the front of a jersey is something that motivates players under Tortorella?

Forget about leadership, nobody on the ice even wants to follow.

Why can't hockey fans enjoy watching all players and all teams?

Never got the nationalistic or single mindedness of having to subscribe to one team or country or city or province or whatever.

I.E: 'Luo's gone-he was never a Canuck-don't mention Luo in Canucks talk.,etc.....'

It's a big world out there and people should not limit their mind or enjoyment level of the game.

Islanders played well tonight,the Canucks are having problems. Just accept it and hope the boys turn it around soon.

Tell that to the Ukraine. You sound like a "No one is illegal" type.

All sports are to build group/tribe settings,if you miss that you are missing a big piece of history.

Fire Gillis.

Hire a real GM, one that's an assistant GM and just looking to be promoted.

Hire them now before the season ends and before OTHER GM's get fired.

Let the new GM do his thing. Evaluate the team and coaching staff and get a head start of the draft and moving pieces to help our team improve.

I understand where people say you don't go through GM's every few years, but it's painfully obvious Gillis doesn't even know what direction this team is going.

You think that having a stupid letter on the front of a jersey is something that motivates players under Tortorella?

When was the last time our leaders actually led? We no longer can count on one of our players to singlehandedly make a difference so why do they have letters to begin with?

What difference would it make? We're becoming the Wang/Snow of the West. Draft picks mean nothing if upper management is incompetent.

the drafting of this team is somewhat better just tough to judge still

Schroeder is Gillis oldest player at 23 so he should be making the jump full time

Jensen Corrado and Grenier have all looked decent at 20/21 in the AHL and NHL Grenier the only one without NHL experience

Gaunce Mallet and Hutton round out the 19/20 year olds Gaunce looks like a solid pick haven't seen much of Hutton or Mallet

Horvat Shinkaruk Subban Cassels Cederholm Liberati round out the 18/19 year old group tough to tell but most of them have had great seasons so far Horvat looks amazing Shinkaruk injured and Cassels looks like a steal

the young players are coming it's not a matter of if anymore rather when just because Gillis has no draft picks as regulars doesn't mean his drafting sucks

I know they are hard to acquire, but it would be nice if the Canucks had a top notch veteran goalie to stabilize things. :rolleyes:

LOL......ok I am gonna pretend canucks never had that jennings winning duo. Tiny Timmy Chick fil a Thomas ftw!

I see everyone complaining about GMMG drafting - but who would you draft instead? I understand the whole Nichushkin - Horvat debate, but other than that I am completely fine with our current prospects.

I think Gillis is fine. Don't let your emotions get the best of you.

How many mistakes can one GM make in his tenure, like really?

Making Luongo the captain.

Offering Sundin 20 million dollars.

Creating a goalie controversy.

Letting key pieces of the Cup run team walk

Mishandling a young star player and throwing him under the bus.

Trading that young star player for minimal return.

Losing both goalies for minimal return.

Signing the Sedins to lucrative contracts for 4 more years.

Hiring Tortorella.

Alienating Kesler.

actually the right leadership group absolutely does matter on a winning hockey team if you think the captain can just be anyone on the team shake your head same goes with the alternates

Gillis cannot be allowed to make another trade or represent the org at the draft. This whole downturn and the fact that this team has turned into a joke rests on his shoulders. The goalie fiasco, trading a first round pick plus grabner for Ballard, treating manny and Lou like crap..he did not put together the core that had success in 2011. Get him out.

why is David Poile and Lou Lammeroello still GM's? They are good GM"s.

You don't fire the gm after 7 strong years. You just don't.

Six years of Gilligan.

First year was a gimme.He was clueless.

This year sucks.

Last year sucked-first round sweep.

The year prior to that was nothing to write home about-one win in the playoffs.

This is the third year where the Nucks will either not make the playoffs or get trounced in the first round.

I'm still in awe how you guys find this to be Torts fault?

Just a few weeks ago everyone loved Tortorella? (#freetorts)

Now I'm sure the same people are wanting him fired?

Some people's kids...

No, not everyone loved Tortorella. Even before the year there was a vocal minority, including me, that didn't want him here. Coaches are judged far longer than on one or two good months of results.

Hiring Tortorella.

Alienating Kesler.

He's on a roll!!! If fans start staying away, and revenues drop., FA may see the light. It should be enough that a team t that 3 years ago was top of the league is now a laughing stock but my bet is it will take financial loss to wake FA up.

Hiring Tortorella.

Alienating Kesler.

Ummm I agree with everything but didn't aquaman hire torts?

That's the worst move of all you stated

Archived