The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Meltdown/Collapse

The Magician

DeNiro how is this franchise going to sign a top line winger? Sure it would be nice but how?

Unless they're from BC I don't see anyone wanting to come here.

Take Vanek for example. How do we convince him to play here? Assuming no changes are made.

Conversation would go like this.

MG "Vanek we'd like to give you a bag of money to come play for us"

Vanek "Hmmm I like money, but I can pretty much get a huge amount from 5-6 teams"

Vanek "I hear your owner likes to meddle in hockey affairs"

MG "Umm yeah he's a big fan"

Vanek "Wasn't your coach suspended for like 6 games? and isn't he kind of thought of as a big nut case?"

MG "Umm yeah he's a hoot, hey you like blocking shots?"

Vanek "Isn't your team kinda falling apart?"

MG "It's a process"

Vanek - Click

MG "Tommy, Tommy you there?" "Hmmm line must have dropped. Lawrence get Vanek back on line 2"

Awesome.

the drafting of this team is somewhat better just tough to judge still

Schroeder is Gillis oldest player at 23 so he should be making the jump full time

Jensen Corrado and Grenier have all looked decent at 20/21 in the AHL and NHL Grenier the only one without NHL experience

Gaunce Mallet and Hutton round out the 19/20 year olds Gaunce looks like a solid pick haven't seen much of Hutton or Mallet

Horvat Shinkaruk Subban Cassels Cederholm Liberati round out the 18/19 year old group tough to tell but most of them have had great seasons so far Horvat looks amazing Shinkaruk injured and Cassels looks like a steal

the young players are coming it's not a matter of if anymore rather when just because Gillis has no draft picks as regulars doesn't mean his drafting sucks

It's more a matter of development, or of asset management. Just two examples -- Schneider was a great draft, they developed him correctly, then traded him at an inopportune time for a future. On the opposite side, we signed Lack as a free agent. Great again, but all of a sudden he's #1 in a volatile market with no safety net and less than 25 starts.

Management is making it up as they go.

DeNiro how is this franchise going to sign a top line winger? Sure it would be nice but how?

Vanek's not the only top player available.

Callahan, St.Louis, Stastny, O'reilly, Grabovski, Setoguchi are a few possibilities.

Or there's always the trade route, or signing stop gap players until we have young players available.

Vanek's not the only top player available.

Stastny, O'reilly, Grabovski, Setoguchi are a few possibilities.

Or there's always the trade route, or signing stop gap players until we have young players available.

Those aren't really top players. Free agency is weak this season and will always be now with players signing long term deals.

And I really don't think any top free agents want to come here. All the players in the NHL have know how the Lu situation went down and we aren't a contending team anymore.

Those aren't really top players. Free agency is weak this season and will always be now with players signing long term deals.

And I really don't think any top free agents want to come here. All the players in the NHL have know how the Lu situation went down and we aren't a contending team anymore.

Stastny, Callahan, O'reilly. and St.Louis are all top players and would look great playing with Kesler.

If their direction is to stick with Tortorella, we're gonna be a low scoring team. Meaning acquiring gritty two way wingers will likely be the game plan.

Stastny, Callahan, O'reilly. and St.Louis are all top players and would look great playing with Kesler.

If their direction is to stick with Tortorella, we're gonna be a low scoring team. Meaning acquiring gritty two way wingers will likely be the game plan.

St. Louis has one more year left on his contract with the Rangers and O'Reilly will be an RFA...

I didn't bother to watch this game but wow sounds like a epic collapse 7 goals in one period is unacceptable. I haven't been bothered to watch games lately as the product is not worth my time. I'm no bandwagoner but I will not support gillis and the owners until they realize the fans want a change enough of this bs

Stastny be expensive and probably stay in Colorado...Callahan be a stupid signing at that cap hit...St.Louis is not an FA...O'Reilly IMO not worth the cap or the picks

Hemsky and Vrbata possibilities but doubtful

Chances are we get a Santorelli type player looking to salvage his career(hopefully get same results)Or offer Ryan Johansen an offersheet(Believe he has said he would love to play in Van)

And for trades highly doubtful we get anywhere with established players that have NTCs

Well, Mike Gillis and co. inability to deal with the goalie situation appropriately has completely pissed away what elite goaltending this team had. They have forcefully put a boat load of pressure on Lack with no relief in sight.

Neither Luongo nor Schneider would have allowed 14 goals in 3 games here. I'm not blaming Lack by any means but he's got all the responsibility now and looks like it might be too much.

As bad as the outcome is the Canucks have scored 157 goals which is fourth worst in the NHL.

Florida and Nashville have scored 156 with three and two games in hand ,respectively.

The Canucks could be the second worst (29th) in goals scored in the entire NHL with the 25th place PP.

#missingsanto

Archived