The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Meltdown/Collapse

The Magician

I have a chuckle when you guys talk about free agents.

After seeing how this organization treats guys like Lou and Manny, and how this team has been the worst team in the NHL in 2014 which high profile high impact free agent is going to want to sign here? You think the Oilers and Flames have trouble attracting UFAs?

This team will not be turned around via the UFA route. Hockey trades involving existing assets executed by someone whose name is not Gillis plus smart drafting and bringing in guys like Gaunce and hopefully Horvat is the only way out of this hole...

Well, Mike Gillis and co. inability to deal with the goalie situation appropriately has completely pissed away what elite goaltending this team had. They have forcefully put a boat load of pressure on Lack with no relief in sight.

Neither Luongo nor Schneider would have allowed 14 goals in 3 games here. I'm not blaming Lack by any means but he's got all the responsibility now and looks like it might be too much.

Yeah and old Torts sure helped both situations LOL He benched Lu for the winter classic and then kept Lack in for 7 goals in 20 minutes.

I have a chuckle when you guys talk about free agents.

After seeing how this organization treats guys like Lou and Manny, and how this team has been the worst team in the NHL in 2014 which high profile high impact free agent is going to want to sign here? You think the Oilers and Flames have trouble attracting UFAs?

This team will not be turned around via the UFA route. Hockey trades involving existing assets executed by someone whose name is not Gillis plus smart drafting and bringing in guys like Gaunce and hopefully Horvat is the only way out of this hole...

Money talks.

You think Ehrhoff really wanted to live in Buffalo, and actually thought they had the best chance to win a cup?

This team hasn't been able to get free agents cause it hasn't had a ton of cap space to work with. Now it does.

If anything is gonna keep us from signing big name free agents, it's Gillis' and his bargain bin player signing.

Too many injuries this year

Give Torts another year at least.

Fire Gillis tomorrow. He is not fit for GM anymore. Keep him as president maybe, but remove him from his GM duties. Or just get rid of him completely. How can you throw a rookie goalie into the fire like that and make him a starter right away. He may have ruined a future starting goalie with a lot of potential by doing this. If you're going to trade LU get a back-up that has some NHL experience you idiot..

What?! The injuries are... BECAUSE of Tortotrella's erratic & unbalanced deployment of his players ...& his no-fun hyper-shot-blocking system. Tortorella's foolish, un-educated, disrespectful & dis-connected decisions....are the major part of the reason that dressingroom has tuned him & his coaching staff out...& will not go to the wall for him. He is taking them on a suicide-mission every night.... & leaves men behind, all of the time. He's a pretender...& he's ruthless. The caring is pretty hard for the players to believe..when he does what he did... 1st to Lu & Lack at the "Heritage Classic"...& then to Kes by playing him almost 5 1/2 minutes straight...just short of breaking! The lack of time-outs, mercy-pulls or the failure to deploy more-rested players....as needed...is deflating for everyone...game in & game out.

Tortorella is 1 crazy general...who really needs to apologize to his players now & then. Why not help them to brain-storm a few solutions? Listen to their concerns? I doubt ANY of this is happening...and staying on the same antiquated retro-course...aint the solution!

A high scoring, energetic entertaining team...I want that one back! Tortorella will never be a coach of THAT.

Gillis has eight UFA/RFA's to sign before next season begins.

Dump Dalpe and Alberts there might be $5m to sign one second line player and a moneyballer.

Leaves a hole on the first line and a hole on D,seeings how bad Garrison is as a puck mover/cerebral play maker.

What?! The injuries are... BECAUSE of Tortotrella's erratic & unbalanced deployment of his players ...& his no-fun hyper-shot-blocking system. Tortorella's foolish, un-educated, disrespectful & dis-connected decisions....are the major part of the reason that dressingroom has tuned him & his coaching staff out,,,& will not go to the wall for him. He is taking him them on a suicide mission each night.... & leaves men behind all of the time. He's a pretender...& ruthless. The caring is pretty hard for the players to see..when he does what he did to 1st Lu & Lack at the "Heritage Classic"...& then Kes..playing him almost 5 1/2 minutes straight! The lack of time-outs, mercy-pulls or a failure to deploy the more rested players. as needed...is deflating game in & game out.

Tortorella is one crazy general...who just needs to apologize to his players now & then & help them to brain-storm a few solutions & listen to their concerns. I doubt ANY of that is happening - right now...and - staying on this same antiquated retro-course...aint the solution! A high scoring, energetic entertaining team...I want that one back! Tortorella will never be a coach of that.

THIS

Money talks.

You think Ehrhoff really wanted to live in Buffalo, and actually thought they had the best chance to win a cup?

This team hasn't been able to get free agents cause it hasn't had a ton of cap space to work with. Now it does.

If anything is gonna keep us from signing big name free agents, it's Gillis' and his bargain bin player signing.

You do have a point - but Erhoff got vastly overpaid to go to Buffalo. I think it was 9 million for his first year. I think we would be in deep trouble if the Canucks had to significantly over pay to get guys to come here. I just cant see any coveted UFA coming here with this mess going on.

Anyhow, love your screen name and avatar. Deniro is the king (Pacino is pretty close too)!

Well, Mike Gillis and co. inability to deal with the goalie situation appropriately has completely pissed away what elite goaltending this team had. They have forcefully put a boat load of pressure on Lack with no relief in sight.

Neither Luongo nor Schneider would have allowed 14 goals in 3 games here. I'm not blaming Lack by any means but he's got all the responsibility now and looks like it might be too much.

not going to bother looking up every single game that Luongo and Schneider played and count the goals they let in 3 games in a row but at 4.6 goals per game it is not out of the realm of possibility

also 12 goals Lack let in 1 Empty net 1 by Markstrom not discounting the bad games in a row he has had but doesn't take away from what he did as the starter in the last 7 games yes Luongo was here in the back up position for 5 of those games but Lack played and finished them all making him the starter

1-0 Shutout Stl

2-1 Shootout loss Minnesota

4-2 loss Ottawa 1 empty netter

1-0 loss Phoenix

6-1 loss Dallas 5 by him 1 by Lack entire team played like crap

2-1 win Calgary played amazing after goal from center ice he could of easily crumbled and let a bunch in

7-4 loss NYI 1 empty netter entire team collapsed in the 3rd period not just him yes he needs to make some of those saves to stop the bleeding

2.43 GAA give or take not counting up minutes too tired

.899 sv percentage

take into account the goal support Lack has gotten in these 7 games the being outscored 10 to 17 and overall team effort in front of him can't imagine Luongo doing that much better than Lack

not trying to do a whole Luongo think here just pointing out what Lack has had to deal with the past 7 games first 2 he was great then so-so in a tough start mentally for any goalie getting the outdoor game then decent against Phoenix with zero goals scored bad game against Dallas including the team in front great game against Calgary and then NYI 3rd period collapse by entire team Lack has to make some saves when it gets 4-4

obviously the stats don't paint a pretty picture but for the entire crap both Luongo Gillis the Owners Torts started he has done tremendously well under this extreme pressure situation for a rookie goalie and has show signs of brilliance 4 great games 1 so so and 2 blowouts and Luongo has had his fair share of blowouts as well which is the main point i am getting at that just because Luongo plays those 7 games doesn't mean he doesn't let in 12 goals in 3 games

What?! The injuries are... BECAUSE of Tortotrella's erratic & unbalanced deployment of his players ...& his no-fun hyper-shot-blocking system. Tortorella's foolish, un-educated, disrespectful & dis-connected decisions....are the major part of the reason that dressingroom has tuned him & his coaching staff out,,,& will not go to the wall for him. He is taking him them on a suicide mission each night.... & leaves men behind all of the time. He's a pretender...& ruthless. The caring is pretty hard for the players to see..when he does what he did to 1st Lu & Lack at the "Heritage Classic"...& then Kes..playing him almost 5 1/2 minutes straight! The lack of time-outs, mercy-pulls or a failure to deploy the more rested players. as needed...is deflating game in & game out.

Well said.

I am proud to be a CDC outcast calling out Torts before he coached his first game.

not going to bother looking up every single game that Luongo and Schneider played and count the goals they let in 3 games in a row but at 4.6 goals per game it is not out of the realm of possibility

also 12 goals Lack let in 1 Empty net 1 by Markstrom not discounting the bad games in a row he has had but doesn't take away from what he did as the starter in the last 7 games yes Luongo was here in the back up position for 5 of those games but Lack played and finished them all making him the starter

1-0 Shutout Stl

2-1 Shootout loss Minnesota

4-2 loss Ottawa 1 empty netter

1-0 loss Phoenix

6-1 loss Dallas 5 by him 1 by Lack entire team played like crap

2-1 win Calgary played amazing after goal from center ice he could of easily crumbled and let a bunch in

7-4 loss NYI 1 empty netter entire team collapsed in the 3rd period not just him yes he needs to make some of those saves to stop the bleeding

2.43 GAA give or take not counting up minutes too tired

.899 sv percentage

take into account the goal support Lack has gotten in these 7 games the being outscored 10 to 17 and overall team effort in front of him can't imagine Luongo doing that much better than Lack

not trying to do a whole Luongo think here just pointing out what Lack has had to deal with the past 7 games first 2 he was great then so-so in a tough start mentally for any goalie getting the outdoor game then decent against Phoenix with zero goals scored bad game against Dallas including the team in front great game against Calgary and then NYI 3rd period collapse by entire team Lack has to make some saves when it gets 4-4

obviously the stats don't paint a pretty picture but for the entire crap both Luongo Gillis the Owners Torts started he has done tremendously well under this extreme pressure situation for a rookie goalie and has show signs of brilliance 4 great games 1 so so and 2 blowouts and Luongo has had his fair share of blowouts as well which is the main point i am getting at that just because Luongo plays those 7 games doesn't mean he doesn't let in 12 goals in 3 games

Yet you always do and go back to Luongo who isn't even here anymore...Nobody is even talking about goaltending really or putting it on Lack but you just always feel you need to say something to make sure no one says anything negative about Lack or positive about Lu just like you did when Lu won his game with the Panthers...

Deny all you want, that you don't bash or hate Lu but you aren't fooling anybody.

Is it just me, or have these games been SO BAD that Makaveli hasn't uploaded any videos? I just noticed that his most recent highlight is the Blues!

P.S.- Makaveli if you're reading this, keep up the great work!

its just you.

he posted for the flames game the other day.

Archived