The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Meltdown/Collapse

The Magician

Here's how I see our forward group next season if the young guys are ready and certain contracts are shipped out.

Kesler needs to be the first line center and be given the "C" and some top wingers.

Kesler

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Burrows Horvat Kassian

Higgins Matthias Hansen

Leaves us about 11 million in cap space to sign two top line wingers when everyone is signed.

I literally feel for Torts. His reaction says it all, disbelief and total frustration.

This loss is on the players, they underestimated their opponent and fell asleep in the third.

I could give a crap about Torts, its lack that I feel the worst for than anyone else on this team.

Poor kid is getting lit up because our team just takes 20 off and plays stupid and undisciplined hockey and gets left in there to rot.

I'm sure he'll be much more excited to play next game right?

This team I find offensive right now.. From MG's letter to this display, man.. I will always be a canucks fan but I'm not impressed at all right now.. I can't remember a game where a team gave up 7 in a period.

Just :picard:

Torts was a good hire and people turned on him in 2014

Alienating Kesler explain??? the trade rumors and speculation he wanted out and he was being shopped are nothing more than that speculation and rumors

Can't believe you bothered defending Gillis on all those points. Maybe this is the real problem. There are people who still don't realize how poor of a GM he is.

Tortorella was not a good hire. He was the exact opposite of what this team needed, and it's showing right now. He lost the team in less than half a season. Must be a record.

As for alienating Kesler, it's common knowledge Gillis was shopping him at the deadline. He knows it, and Kesler knows it. From the sounds of it a deal was close too. Why would Kesler wanna stay with the team now?

Imagine a full season at this pace? McDavid would be gift wrapped to us.

Not just 7 goals in a period but 6 goals in 10 minutes!!! I wonder if that's one for the record books. Maybe they can hang that banner next to the President's trophy .

Here's how I see our forward group next season if the young guys are ready and certain contracts are shipped out.

Kesler needs to be the first line center and be given the "C" and some top wingers.

Kesler

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Burrows Horvat Kassian

Higgins Matthias Hansen

Leaves us about 11 million in cap space to sign two top line wingers when everyone is signed.

yep its time they give this team to Kesler to lead otherwise they should just trade him.

going forward the aging sedins will be good mentors but they need to be prepared to do second line duties.

I see five million cap space tops and too many holes for that money.

Kes has to go. Ship him to Detroit for Babcock and Holland.

Can't believe you bothered defending Gillis on all those points. Maybe this is the real problem. There are people who still don't realize how poor of a GM he is.

Tortorella was not a good hire. He was the exact opposite of what this team needed, and it's showing right now. He lost the team in less than half a season. Must be a record.

As for alienating Kesler, it's common knowledge Gillis was shopping him at the deadline. He knows it, and Kesler knows it. From the sounds of it a deal was close too. Why would Kesler wanna stay with the team now?

Players get shopped and sometimes they don't get moved and Kesler hasn't shown anything to prove he has been alienated

don't blame the Coach for players quitting on 2 coaches in a row now and showing this downward spiral for the past 2-3 seasons you can blame management and coaching all you want but take a look at the players on the ice they need to wake up or move on from this team that is the issue

you know why i defend Gillis because nobody here ever admits to the positives he has done for this team yes it has all gone to crap now but he brought this team to 1 win from a Stanley cup and only 3 other GM's in the history of this team have done that

Kesler

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Burrows Horvat Kassian

Higgins Matthias Hansen

DeNiro how is this franchise going to sign a top line winger? Sure it would be nice but how?

Unless they're from BC I don't see anyone wanting to come here.

Take Vanek for example. How do we convince him to play here? Assuming no changes are made.

Conversation would go like this.

MG "Vanek we'd like to give you a bag of money to come play for us"

Vanek "Hmmm I like money, but I can pretty much get a huge amount from 5-6 teams"

Vanek "I hear your owner likes to meddle in hockey affairs"

MG "Umm yeah he's a big fan"

Vanek "Wasn't your coach suspended for like 6 games? and isn't he kind of thought of as a big nut case?"

MG "Umm yeah he's a hoot, hey you like blocking shots?"

Vanek "Isn't your team kinda falling apart?"

MG "It's a process"

Vanek - Click

MG "Tommy, Tommy you there?" "Hmmm line must have dropped. Lawrence get Vanek back on line 2"

Players get shopped and sometimes they don't get moved and Kesler hasn't shown anything to prove he has been alienated

don't blame the Coach for players quitting on 2 coaches in a row now and showing this downward spiral for the past 2-3 seasons you can blame management and coaching all you want but take a look at the players on the ice they need to wake up or move on from this team that is the issue

you know why i defend Gillis because nobody here ever admits to the positives he has done for this team yes it has all gone to crap now but he brought this team to 1 win from a Stanley cup and only 3 other GM's in the history of this team have done that

using the history of GMs for this team as your measuring stick is the main flaw in your argument.

Five drafts and Kassian to show for it.

missing the point entirely his draftees range from 18-23 right now just because they aren't full time regular nhl players doesn't mean the drafting has been bad

people give up so easily on draftees of this team it's pathetic look at all the talk about Jensen being a bust and how well he has played the last 2 games

Too many injuries this year

Give Torts another year at least.

Fire Gillis tomorrow. He is not fit for GM anymore. Keep him as president maybe, but remove him from his GM duties. Or just get rid of him completely. How can you throw a rookie goalie into the fire like that and make him a starter right away. He may have ruined a future starting goalie with a lot of potential by doing this. If you're going to trade LU get a back-up that has some NHL experience you idiot..

All the positives that have resulted in two first round sweeps and an embarrassing playoff miss.

Yes, we should all be praising Gillis for all he has done.

DeNiro how is this franchise going to sign a top line winger? Sure it would be nice but how?

Unless they're from BC I don't see anyone wanting to come here.

Take Vanek for example. How do we convince him to play here? Assuming no changes are made.

Conversation would go like this.

MG "Vanek we'd like to give you a bag of money to come play for us"

Vanek "Hmmm I like money, but I can pretty much get a huge amount from 5-6 teams"

Vanek "I hear your owner likes to meddle in hockey affairs"

MG "Umm yeah he's a big fan"

Vanek "Wasn't your coach suspended for like 6 games? and isn't he kind of thought of as a big nut case?"

MG "Umm yeah he's a hoot, hey you like blocking shots?"

Vanek "Isn't your team kinda falling apart?"

MG "It's a process"

Vanek - Click

MG "Tommy, Tommy you there?" "Hmmm line must have dropped. Lawrence get Vanek back on line 2"

lmao

using the history of GMs for this team as your measuring stick is the main flaw in your argument.

All the positives that have resulted in two first round sweeps and an embarrassing playoff miss.

Yes, we should all be praising Gillis for all he has done.

GM OF THE YEAR

how is that for an argument yea that screams poor GM and that he can't do his job

yes everything has fallen apart since that run but unless you have been hiding under a rock that crap happens to a lot of teams

Philly

New Jersey

Ottawa

Carolina

Calgary

Tampa Bay

i listed cup winners as well both Carolina and Tampa Bay because even after winning the cup they barely got by as a team missing playoffs

Archived