The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The lack of respect for the Canuck Stars by Refs is disgusting

*Buzzsaw*

It means that if there is doubt in the refs mind, that we don't get the benefit of it.

That's what guys like Burrows and Kesler have done for this team. They're both on referee lists for known embellishers.

The only way they get calls now is if they're blatant, like we saw tonight.

I totally get your point, but it still doesn't make it right. The make up calls for both teams tonight were brutal...:(

Kesler is the chippiest player we've ever had. Him and Burr don't have the refs respect. Don't be such a homer.

The fact that you just admitted 2 players don't have the refs respect and then criticized him proves you're a gutless ????.

NO REFEREE should EVER have a "grudge" against a player. These are professional referees in a professional sport. They have a MORAL AND LEGAL obligation not to be biased and to call the game fairly.

And yes they do have a legal obligation idiot, because the games are bet upon. Any game that has professional gambling (betting) attached to it must comply with all obligations that come along with such a status. One such status is that the players and referees must act professionally at all times, not throw games, and not call games unfairly due to bias.

If a referee DOES happen to have a personal bias against a specific team or player, then he should notify the league to have himself removed from said games, or organize the schedule such that he never referees that team or player.

Anyone who says "referee X hates players Y and Z, deal with it" deserves to be shot in the head for being a troll.

This is nothing new.

Maybe it is just me, but I have also noticed that our rookies get a ton of chintzy calls when they first come up. I really can't remember the last time a call up played a game without heading to the box. That will learn them for trying to have an nhl career I guess.

Maybe that is too general, but overall I have seen enough.

If any so called reporter out there wants to know why Burrows can't score all they have to do is look back on 2 years of video, it's a miracle he can walk.

Kesler is the chippiest player we've ever had. Him and Burr don't have the refs respect. Don't be such a homer.

By we I assume you cheer for another team. The door is over there. Don't let it hit you in the ass.

Kesler the chippiest we've ever had? Ever hear of Ruutu? Cooke?

Bertuzzi? Tiger Williams? Shut your mouth you don't know your ass from your elbow and you should be banned for BS ....

Slater and Kesler have an exchange... they are physically challenging each other.

A minute later, Slater holds his knee in position, he can see the collision, he definitely braces himself to put his strength behind holding his knee solid. Kesler does not even see him coming.

Both players spin on contact, Slater looks at the Ref immediately... He knows.

But no 5 minute penalty...

Ho Hum.... just another day at the office for another NHL Ref.

Daniel Sedin gets boarded behind the net, serious injury... no problem...

Kesler gets knee taken out... serious injury... no problem...

Oh wait... the Canucks are running out of Star players... ok then you can take a run at Hamhuis... no problem.

We've been going through this for the last 4 seasons, ever since the Canucks became contenders...

It's been very obvious, the NHL might as well have put up a sign which says:

"OPEN SEASON ON CANUCKS"

Daniel Sedin was not boarded. He made a soft play against a big strong tough player....Although the Kesler hit was definitely dirty.

Did you watch him today ?

TSN's quiz intermission thing had a question asking the 3 analysts who they would pick, Trouba or Jones. One of em picked Jones. And you know, he did sorta look amazing playing against us.

TSN is crap first of all, second of all Trouba was developed, Jones was thrown right in. Give me a freaking break.Not even a full season and he is a "star" already? Cmon.

So you condone a knee on knee then?

Super.

For every homer (me) there's a troll waiting in the wings. But we're not going to name call here because it's against the rules.

What on God's green earth does it matter that our players are chippy? So when someone takes them out intentionally it should be ignored? No, it shouldn't.

And DeNiro, as one of my favourite posters here I'm surprised by that. So teams can take free runs and liberties with our players then? We can't make excuses in a move to be PC...a dirty knee is a dirty knee and the game will continue to deteriorate until this crap's completely cleaned up...no matter who the target was. That part shouldn't matter.

He is not a star, more like a prospect that might pan out. lol.

While Trouba isn't a bonafide star yet he is about as close to a sure thing as it comes to being anointed the next big young defenseman.

I would give him more credit than being labeled a prospect that might pan out. You say that about players like Shinkaruk.

Archived