The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Draft Pick Watch and Playoff Watch

Ronalds.Kenins41

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love the playoffs,especially the first round..Although,I would rather not be in it ,than be unceremoniously dumped in the first round....I think we should just sit this one out.

I don't see the Canucks quitting this season,although I'd like to see the younger players getting lots of ice time and being used in all situations.

yea let's make it to the playoff and get outplayed by st. louis/anaheim/san jose/colorado/chicago/LA...

the west is way too strong this year and there's no point drafting out of the top 15 in a year where we have no shot. People need to stop looking at the 2012 kings and comparing us to them. They were a playoff team with playoff players. Canucks have too many injuries and aren't as deep as they once were. Stop hanging onto the glory days and move on.

I think the Canucks will show heart from here, but no finish as has been the case most of the season and we draft in the 7-10th position. A high draft pick does not guarantee a top player. You can't tank and expect a miracle. It hasn't worked for teams like Florida or Edmonton. Columbus finally started getting better when they got a real GM who made smart moves and acquired what they needed to compete. Their high draft picks have had little to do with it. In fact, they got better after they traded Rick Nash. Ryan Johansen is having a great season and stands as the exception, but he was a #4 pick right after Florida drafted Gudbransson. So, yeah, the higher draft pick only works if you draft the right guy.

We are gonna pick someone way ahead of their projection anyway. Could probably get them at 24 when we get swept in the 1st round just the same as missing the show and picking 9th. Go for it, losing is for losers.

Funny I seem to recall we picked a guy right around his projection last year and a guy who was a projected top 15 pick at 24.

So.

Play our kids so they can get more exposure and ensuring we get a top 10 draft pick.

PLEASE do not try to squeek into the playoff, fail or make it we will end up drafting 13th to 16th. We need to draft in the top 10 for the next 3 years.

This,

I wan't to see Jensen and Shroeder every second shift from here on out.

Let's use these games to our advantage, break in the prospects and get the highest pick possible.

Tell Henrik and Kess they can go home early.

I kind of hope they tank but don't do it on purpose. We have a good chance of picking 6-10 position.

Nick Ritchie, Brandon Perlini, Leon Draisaitl, Michael Dal Colle, Jake Virtanen or Haydn Fleury would all be solid picks. At least one of those guys should drop to 10th.

Anthony DeAngelo, and Julius Honka have a lot of skill but not the size package of the other guys mentioned.

Archived