The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks win 4-3! Over panthers

Ryan kesler the beast

Yeah cause we were winning left right and center when he was still here :picard: Luo lost something like 5 straight games leading up to this trade. With terrible stats too.

yeah so what does this tell you

goaltending wasn't and still is not the biggest reason as to why we are losing

yeah so what does this tell you

goaltending wasn't and still is not the biggest reason as to why we are losing

So then we are you trying to make the point that somehow trading Luongo made us worse? If goaltending wasn't and still isn't the problem then didn't gaining Matthias make us better?

We were losing when Lu was here to.

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!

Exactly! It has nothing to do with the goalie and everything to do with the team.

The "team" sucked in January and February.

March isn't much better, winning so far only 3 out of 8 games.

Wow, so you'd rather get swept than pick in the top 10?

Maybe this is why this franchise has such little success. Canucks fans are okay with mediocrity apparently.

Just so you know, drafting in the top 10 in a shallow draft like this one can make a huge difference.

I've had to suffer through this season just like everyone else. I at least want a top prospect to help this teams future. That is alot less likely outside the top 10 in this years draft.

First of all I believe that if the canucks do make the playoffs, they have a good chance of making a deep run, We’ve had the blue number all year and Ana is hitting a bit of a road block right now and don’t have the depth to compete with a healthy canucks team. Only reason I pointed of the four games is that is the bare minimum this team would play and exactly what most believe will happen.

Second of all you didn’t answer my question, is Jared McCann at 8th going to be that much better to bring this franchise over the top than Nick Ritchie at 15th. Try to understand this, top 10 or not, we are not talking about missing an opportunity to draft a Crosby, Tavares or Stamkos. The difference between 7-10-15 is one or two good/bad games by kids who are 18 and under. Look how much players move in scouting charts due to the world junior tournament. We’re projecting one kid to be better than another 5 years later off as little as 8 games? It’s exactly why the order players are drafted doesn’t remain the same where they’d be ranked overall when they all hit their peak.

You keep saying short term grief for long term success and acting like it’s life or death for this franchise on the mere obsession that top 10 pick will turn into a superstar franchise player and the 15th overall pick will be no more than a bust. When in reality chances our they will likely peak at close to the same level later in their careers. And honestly if that if worth enough for people to be cheering for this team to lose then go cheer for the oilers they’ve had 7 years of high draft picks and losing. There short term grief has done nothing but cost the fans 7 years of anything exciting to cheer. It’s what hockey is all about, it’s playing in the post season 4 games or 28, it’s still exciting and it’s what we wait for every season.

So then we are you trying to make the point that somehow trading Luongo made us worse? If goaltending wasn't and still isn't the problem then didn't gaining Matthias make us better?

becuase going from 2 #1 goalies, to a #1 and a rookie, to 2 rookies is still a worse situation. even though goaltending isn't the biggest reason as to why we're losing

Luongo since the trade: 2.57GAA and .916 save % (on a worse team)

Lack since the trade: 3.26GAA and .865 save %

yep we're sure winning the trade so far

not that it's been all Lack's fault

Oooo. Luo's 2 and 3 is so much better than Lack's 3 and 3 since the deal.

Since his shutout, Luo's best game was last night....when he lost to Lack.

That's the one that really matters. :bigblush:

What was the deal again? Did the Canucks trade Luongo for Lack?

Regardless, we can revisit and hindsight who 'won' this trade in a couple years - I'm just glad it took place.

I find it interesting that so many people here are convinced that losing more games is going to net us a much better player in the draft. (Personally, I agree with the minister. It won't make that much of a difference) I see no "sure things" in this draft, beyond Ekblad and Reinhart.

What's funny is that it seems to be an absolute certainty to most that making the playoffs guarantees and early exit. Wouldn't we all agree that to make the playoffs at all, the Canucks would have to go on some kind of serious roll. I'm thinking that a team that playing that type of hockey (they would essentially be playing "playoff" hockey weeks before their opposition) might just be able to do some damage, especially if they match up against the Blues.

Oooo. Luo's 2 and 3 is so much better than Lack's 3 and 3 since the deal.

Since his shutout, Luo's best game was last night....when he lost to Lack.

That's the one that really matters. :bigblush:

What was the deal again? Did the Canucks trade Luongo for Lack?

Regardless, we can revisit and hindsight who 'won' this trade in a couple years - I'm just glad it took place.

you were wrong about Schneider, and so far you are wrong about Lack

Lack was thrown into the starting position by idiot Gillis when he isn't even close to being ready yet

but instead of admitting it you just continuously cry about Luongo even when he isn't even here anymore lol

Archived